Is Reda still training with us ? (1 Viewer)

Kilclines curly mullet

It's gone very quiet. Does anybody know if Reda is still training with us and if there may be a possibility of a pay as you play deal ? And please...this is a genuine question, no need for Sisu this/Sisu that/insults etc !!!

junglej13

Andy Turner wasn't sure whether he was still training with us but said he was sure he wouldnt be offered a deal.

ccfcway

he wont sign a pay as you play

he is more likely to get a better wage signing for a league 2 club than a PAYP at ccfc

Samo

he wont sign a pay as you play

he is more likely to get a better wage signing for a league 2 club than a PAYP at ccfc

Well if a L2 club can afford to have him on the treatment table for at least 75% of the season good luck to them

ccfcway

Well if a L2 club can afford to have him on the treatment table for at least 75% of the season good luck to them

if they offered him £1k and we offered a PAYP on £2k, he would be better off with them

harvey098

I'm surprised a club with a bigger budget that can afford to take a gamble with him hasn't signed him. When he's fit he has to be the strongest and most commanding defender in and around this level. I don't know whether Mowbray is just calling Redas bluff and will offer him a shit deal further down the line if he's still unattached.

harvey098

What I don't get is we invested so much into his recovery after his injury fully in the knowledge he wouldn't be back til after the season had ended. Why didn't we just cancel his contract?

Hadji10

What I don't get is we invested so much into his recovery after his injury fully in the knowledge he wouldn't be back til after the season had ended. Why didn't we just cancel his contract?

Because Johnson would sue the club. You can't terminate a contract because of an injury.

georgehudson

it's a shame that RJ is injury prone, maybe due to his 100%+ effort,
i don't believe he needs an agent to tell him what to do,
& it could well be beneficial for him to offer his services on a pay / play deal, as TM said before that RJ's fitness needed to be managed differently to others,
so, if he is training with us, i'd be happy with him as part of the squad

Brylowes

Because Johnson would sue the club. You can't terminate a contract because of an injury.
Isn't it the case that insurance would cover most of the costs in the event of a long term
Injury layoff.

steve82

I find it astounding that with less than two weeks to go before the season starts, we have still not managed to land a single defender.

That maybe because 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice have moved to another club. May not be for the want of trying were still looking for cover.
However yes it's a concern.

Where's Jarni?

That maybe because 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice have moved to another club. May not be for the want of trying were still looking for cover.
However yes it's a concern.

I also suspect he will be looking at loans from PL to cover defence, and those deals will always be late. We have already been linked with that chap from Burnley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve82

I also suspect he will be looking at loans from PL to cover defence, and those deals will always be late. We have already been linked with that chap from Burnley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and been well documented that premier league clubs are reluctant to loan out this early in there own preseason preparations.

Users who are viewing this thread