Is our Squad that Bad now? (1 Viewer)

superskyblue

If the opposition in the rest of the league are poor, then it means we will win. It's the way the game works.

Yes, but the fact that we have only won 5 games either proves that they aren't poor, or they are poor but we are poorer.

Marty

How can we be carrying 3 goals in 3 home games McSheffrey ?

Are you for real? in the past 16 months or so since his return, I bet you could count on one hand the amount of good performances hes put in. Lets be honest, if that touch on Saturday was any worse it would of gone out for a goal kick.

skybluesteve76

Are you for real? in the past 16 months or so since his return, I bet you could count on one hand the amount of good performances hes put in. Lets be honest, if that touch on Saturday was any worse it would of gone out for a goal kick.

That touch made it possible for him to score. Any lighter then he was getting tackled.

All the best

shmmeee

If we're going to keep with 433 (and I think we should) then we really need another midfielder and another target man. Otherwise we're relying on Bell/Deegan and only Platt up front. An injury or drop in form from Platt and we're back to two midgets up front.

I'd like to see Vokes and another midfielder in the Thomas mould come in. Some games Clingan and/or Deegan need to come off due to cards or form and I don't like the idea of Baker playing there.

If the other thread is correct about Freddy going to Palace, then we need another striker as well.

@richh87

This thread's making me laugh.

What a difference a win makes - suddenly SISU aren't all that bad and we have a top half squad thanks to our generous benefactors.

Nevermind the fact that for much of this season we've had to field academy players and that SISU have sold the man who has scored half of our goals this season HALF WAY THROUGH A RELEGATION BATTLE!!

Christ - what does it take to get the City support angry!?

Talk about short memories! :facepalm:

Astute

No he wasn't, there wasn't a single player within 5 yards of him when he touched the ball, any touch past the defence would of allowed him a free shot at goal.

That ball came at him at speed whilst he was moving. If he could perfectly control balls like that every time he would be playing for a top Prem side.

Are we playing our normal game? Slag off the players that are trying their best for our club. He scored :claping hands: Not good enough for some though is it? He is giving 100% in games. Not good enough for some though is it? We won. Can't do any better than that. Some are still unhappy though. Sheffers is sh1te. Should have controlled the ball better before he scored. Whilst we are at it, it was a crap shot. If the GK would have moved to his left he would have saved it. Why didn't Sheffers put it in the top corner from that angle to make sure it went in? Why did he only score 1 goal? :whistle:

skybluesteve76

No he wasn't, there wasn't a single player within 5 yards of him when he touched the ball, any touch past the defence would of allowed him a free shot at goal.

The touch took him away from three players mate. And allowed him the angle to shoot across the keeper and into the opposite corner! Are we talking about the same goal here?

All the best

skybluesteve76

The goal isn't the issue here, In my original post I said we've been carrying McSheffrey all season (as well as others), hes offered us little up until 5 games ago. So what hes scored 3 in 5 games, doesn't excuse the fact hes been dreadful up until that point, hes hit a little form, good it's about time.

I'm sorry i'm not getting carried away over 1 win. I still believe our squad isn't good enough and will require 3-4 new players for even just a chance of staying up. People are going on like we'll be crowned champions next year.

We'll see who was right at the end of the season. I very much hope i'm wrong.

You made it the issue though!

All the best

The goal isn't the issue here, In my original post I said we've been carrying McSheffrey all season (as well as others), hes offered us little up until 5 games ago. So what hes scored 3 in 5 games, doesn't excuse the fact hes been dreadful up until that point, hes hit a little form, good it's about time.

I'm sorry i'm not getting carried away over 1 win. I still believe our squad isn't good enough and will require 3-4 new players for even just a chance of staying up. People are going on like we'll be crowned champions next year.

We'll see who was right at the end of the season. I very much hope i'm wrong.

I think the point is that Mcsheff is now carrying the team, so I personally don't have a problem with the little guy.

Users who are viewing this thread