Is our current squad good enough for League 1 promotion? (1 Viewer)

CCFC Germany

Just being honest CCFC Germany.

I probably chose the wrong smiley.
I wanted to say that I agree with you.

Are you willing to come on here and admit you had it all wrong if we get promoted then?

I'd love to !!!
It's not that I do not want us to get promoted, but I'm worried that everybody's underestimating League One.
Plus we need long time development, going up with then being one of the crappiest teams in the Championship won't lead us anywhere.

I'd be totally fine with being wrong here.

I'll be at the Ricoh for one of the games in November plus Leyton Orient way, that are the matches I know I'll be attending already, but it might be too early to say that I was wrong. ;)

standupforcity

It's great to get some players in, but what really counts for success this season is a change of attitude. Believing we can be winners!! That belief can be infectious when the players take the pitch and the crowd rise to the occasion. There's nothing like a sense of imminent anticipation, and I reckon we are justified if we feel there is real hope this season....

Diehard Si

It's great to get some players in, but what really counts for success this season is a change of attitude. Believing we can be winners!! That belief can be infectious when the players take the pitch and the crowd rise to the occasion. There's nothing like a sense of imminent anticipation, and I reckon we are justified if we feel there is real hope this season....
Hope? I'm 30 and don't know what this is as a City fan.

Is it like the feeling we get as an England fan just before we get knocked out on penalties???

stupot07

Name the other teams that have stronger teams and squads than us then.

I have been considered to be a supporter of AT. If we fail this season he needs to go. If we are not near the top or at least challenging the top 6 by then he needs to be replaced.

There will be other teams in the league with stronger squad than ours Astute. It a very arrogant thing to say - we don't know enough about league one.

covcity4life

There will be other teams in the league with stronger squad than ours Astute. It a very arrogant thing to say - we don't know enough about league one.

so how can you know there are stronger squads?;) dont be negative for sake of being negative mate

as for the OPs question?

if we sign jennings and maybe 1 more central midfielder then YES YES YES YES YES YES

stupot07

so how can you know there are stronger squads?;) dont be negative for sake of being negative mate

as for the OPs question?

if we sign jennings and maybe 1 more central midfielder then YES YES YES YES YES YES

Not sure how saying that there will be better more equipt squads than our current one is being negative.

Astute

So you know nothing about Div3, but you know there are teams with stronger squads?

The nearest league club to where I live is in Div3. I work alongside someone who supports that side. I suppose he also knows nothing. He is also Scottish. Knows a bit about Scottish football as he goes to games with relatives. He thinks we will have a good season with the players we have signed. He should know. He is a Carlisle fan. So is he very arrogant for saying we have a very strong squad and team for Div3 when he wants Carlisle to beat us, but thinks we will be a fair bit ahead of his team?

kg82

Not sure how saying that there will be better more equipt squads than our current one is being negative.

I think what he's saying is that you stated we don't know L1, so how can you know there are stronger teams/squads than ours? Same as how can anyone know ours is better than anyones. The OP is factually unanswerable, it's all just opinion and conjecture. Nobody really knows aything yet and probably won't until 10 games in.

stupot07

I think what he's saying is that you stated we don't know L1, so how can you know there are stronger teams/squads than ours? Same as how can anyone know ours is better than anyones. The OP is factually unanswerable, it's all just opinion and conjecture. Nobody really knows aything yet and probably won't until 10 games in.

I suppose that was the point in was trying to get across but failed.

Astute

I suppose that was the point in was trying to get across but failed.

But I am going by what a big Carlisle fan says. He is used to this level. We are going to be against clubs that nearly always sell their best players just to survive. We have been bringing in players that a club like his would love to have.

stupot07

But I am going by what a big Carlisle fan says. He is used to this level. We are going to be against clubs that nearly always sell their best players just to survive. We have been bringing in players that a club like his would love to have.

Hang on Carlisle nearly always sell their best players just to survive......hmmm that sounds familiar ;)

RichieGunns

Caution is a good thing to have but we also need to have some daring and faith mixed in for good measure too.

Now the question is...what we call that dish?

Users who are viewing this thread