Is Ogogo a saleable asset??? (1 Viewer)

lord_garrincha

Relatively straightforward question.

Would a League One team see him, from previous seasons, as an asset to their team this January, so that Coventry can invest in wide players?

Simply put, he is not needed here, is he?

cc84cov

I think he’s struggling due to having no proper run in the side.Shrewsbury fans raved about him he’s not a holding midfielder he presses high still think he can come good alongside Doyle once he reaches he’s match sharpness etc.Maybe switch Bayliss to the right.

mark82

Relatively straightforward question.

Would a League One team see him, from previous seasons, as an asset to their team this January, so that Coventry can invest in wide players?

Simply put, he is not needed here, is he?

I would think so. Was one of the best players in the division last year.

cc84cov

I would think so. Was one of the best players in the division last year.
Which is what makes me ask weekly what’s going wrong is he not being used correctly? First game of the season he looked class I think he needs to play regular to get that sharpness etc back switch Bayliss right Thomas left.

Pete in Portugal

He was certainly my MOTM in the first game of the season. Since then, he seems to have got slower and slower, which seems rather strange.

steve82

Yes but he’s not for sale in my eyes. Need to get his fitness up to speed and fit him like others around new players to all fit one system all are comfortable in.

He’s a decent free signing on the back of previous seasons, 13/14 both supporters and club player of the year award at Dagenham (L2) and 15/16 both players player and club player of the year at Shrewsbury. (L2)

We’ve only 4 recognised central midfielders with him in a returning Liam Kelly, a ageing Micheal Doyle and a below par Tom Bayliss that as soon as he shows that promise and consistency again will be subject to interest from higher placed clubs.

Why sell a experienced midfielder after 6 months who’s only 28? I don’t see the benefit going forwards?

Much better ways to generate funds to get the wide men in and develop the squad for the longer term

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

I wouldn’t sell him he needs a run in the team looks a bit short on match sharpness maybe he needs a couple of under 23 games where mistakes don’t matter as although some think it’s important to have a good team at under 23 side it’s pointless

steve82

More likely to sell Bayliss first

Many won’t agree but that would 100% be my 1st choice.
That’s the best way to move forward as a club on current impact on the side in the short term.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I don't get why he isn't in the u23 getting 90 minutes every week to at least get him sharper.

I don't think we are using that effectively enough to keep our players sharp and more on it.

He seems so slow and cumbersome, worse than Doyle.

Magwitch

We have a strange manager, signs players and they seem to become square pegs in round holes. Ogogo was a top player at Shrewsbury who and I think I’m correct where never out the first division top three last season yet Ogogo has never played the position he did at Shrewsbury.

Last edited:

Skybluefaz

We have a strange manager, signs players and they seem to become square pegs in round holes. Ogogo was a top player at Shrewsbury who and I think I’m correct we’re never out the first division top three last season yet Ogogo has never played the position he did at Shrewsbury.
Really? He never played Central midfield for Shrewsbury?

steve82

Not sure where this is heading but MR has not used Ogogo out of position yet this season or asked of him to play a position he’s unfamiliar playing in.

He’s been played centrally as a central midfielder or mostly as a defensive midfielder both of which he’s played his whole career comfortably.

Last year Shrewsbury ironically played the 4141 system with Ogogo in the 4 not the deeper 1 like Kelly has played recently.

Hobo

More likely to sell Bayliss first

Has he impressed those watching though? I can't see anybody making a move for Bayliss in January...certainly not enough to tempt us. He still has a lot to prove having stepped up a level.

cc84cov

I think we need to be playing him confidence sharpness and fitness will all come first game of the season shows us he’s capable of doing it.

Skybluefaz

Not sure where this is heading but MR has not used Ogogo out of position yet this season or asked of him to play a position he’s unfamiliar playing in.

He’s been played centrally as a central midfielder or mostly as a defensive midfielder both of which he’s played his whole career comfortably.

Last year Shrewsbury ironically played the 4141 system with Ogogo in the 4 not the deeper 1 like Kelly has played recently.

This is mainly my point. I don't know how it can be said Robins has made him a bad player he's simply not played well.

Magwitch

Robins has hardly played him though, how can he really be judged and remember Kelly was injured for weeks.

Greggs

Has he impressed those watching though? I can't see anybody making a move for Bayliss in January...certainly not enough to tempt us. He still has a lot to prove having stepped up a level.
The same could be said about Stevenson, a young player British player with talent. Any team in the top 2 divisions will lose nothing throwing 300-500k at anything with potential, loan him out and see how he does...

Greggs

And....i'd have expected him to be performing better if we'd actually strengthened this season, the lack of quality around him is certainly adding to his struggles. Look how Maddison has improved as his team mates ability levels have raised.

PVA

He was brilliant in the first game of the season. He was the best player on the pitch and I thought he was going to be a great signing and a key player for us.

Disappointing since then, but Bayliss isn't playing well at the moment so I'd like to see Ogogo get a few games.

Bayliss can then play on the right (where he played last season and looks more natural). Thomas can play on the left and would solve our left wing issues (Shipley/Hiwula/Bakayoko)

stevefloyd

We had Kelly last season and many were saying he was shite, then he got fitter and he was 100% better, I don't understand wtf Robins and his team are doing with getting players back to fitness, the likes of Ogogo and Andreu to name but 2 and I mean match fitness, we are apart from not scoring enough goals losing a lot of the games from midfield and tactics of course

Nick

Administrator
We had Kelly last season and many were saying he was shite, then he got fitter and he was 100% better, I don't understand wtf Robins and his team are doing with getting players back to fitness, the likes of Ogogo and Andreu to name but 2 and I mean match fitness, we are apart from not scoring enough goals losing a lot of the games from midfield and tactics of course

Wasn't even so much with being fitter, it was the position he was being played in also.

PVA

Bayliss isn't playing well at the moment so I'd like to see Ogogo get a few games.

Bayliss can then play on the right (where he played last season and looks more natural). Thomas can play on the left and would solve our left wing issues (Shipley/Hiwula/Bakayoko)

Looks like MR might have listened to me!

pusbccfc

Pay to get rid of him.

Users who are viewing this thread