IS NOPM WORKINGr (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

And you're sneering at them, which you hate. You're not doing what I want, which is also selfish.

Quite the quandary.

dadgad

To me the one thing that has made the talks happen is showing they could have rented the Ricoh for less than going to Northampton and feeding us more bullshit. They can't afford to lose any more of the Northampton travelling fans.

Yes, I'd say that much is clear.

Important to hold fast on this.

KCIC

ajsccfc

I've never set foot in Northampton in my life. I can see how you'd make that assumption though, it's the one that burns the fewest of those dwindling braincells !!!!

skybluetony176

Any proof that is what has caused them to talk? Didn't a protest happen at the council house and that afternoon a statement was made from the council and then that got the ball rolling?

well the protest did get Ann Lucas to request a meeting with joy diversion and i'm sure that wouldn't have happened if the 50 or so fans hadn't turned up on the day with a petition signed by 800 or so fans, infact i cant think why Ann Lucas didn't do it sooner and if joy didn't acknowledge the invitation then Ann Lucas should have offered her a meeting for a 2nd time. Infact the protest should have sparked a 3rd invitation. oh wait, that's did what happen.

so i guess what really happened was that the big protest was a wake up call for sh1tsu that their smear campaign against the local authority and local charity wasn't getting the following from our fans that they had hoped for. coupled with the fact that the vast majority of our fans had already seen them for what they are and voted with their feet by not trekking to sixfields what else could they do.

do i think NOPM is working. yes!

do i think the council house protest worked. yes! possibly not in the way the fans on the protest and who signed the petition thought it would. however i genuinely thank them for their effort as i have no doubt that it made an impact on all parties.

Last edited:

shmmeee

The Fans have all collectively added to the pressure on all sides. No one individual or group can or should claim victory. The Collective are united in the aim of getting CCFC back home. The fact that SISU are under severe duress is of course focusing their mind. The fact that the collective are united is of course influencing the CCC.

Lets try to look forward to better days, the last 48 hours may well prove to be the change in tide. Keep doing whatever you feel is right. If you believe in CCFC the right solution will be found... PUSB

This.

friendly_canary

I said earlier that I was never going to attend a "home match" in Northampton ever again...

Yet I find myself incredibly tempted to go to Coventry City v Notts County on saturday...

I feel bad for even contemplating it :(

RPHunt

Any proof that is what has caused them to talk? Didn't a protest happen at the council house and that afternoon a statement was made from the council and then that got the ball rolling?

Ann Lucas had already issued two invitations to Joy Seppala before the demo.

If the demo achieved anything, it showed SISU how liitle support they had in the city. On top of this, I think they are now very worried that the doors to the Ricoh just might be closed to them forever.

Grendel

If the demo achieved anything, it showed SISU how liitle support they had in the city. On top of this, I think they are now very worried that the doors to the Ricoh just might be closed to them forever.

Closed for ever? Why is there another wedding on?

lewys33

Ridiculous statement there. If you read Ann Lucas statements she says she had been planning a statement for weeks, but had it proof-read. Obviously with the protest outside it was perfect timing!

Also people mocking the hillers are idiotic. They are just fans who want to support the team but morally find it wrong to walk in to the ground. What is wrong with that?

At the end of the day we need to thank ALL campaign groups involved. Not just a select few that support your view. 90% of people are too narrow minded on here.

Thanks go to Get Cov back to the Ricoh, Keep Cov in Cov/Not one penny more, The Sky Blues Trust, Les Reid, Ann Lucas & Joy Seppala.

Nick

Administrator
Ridiculous statement there. If you read Ann Lucas statements she says she had been planning a statement for weeks, but had it proof-read. Obviously with the protest outside it was perfect timing!

Also people mocking the hillers are idiotic. They are just fans who want to support the team but morally find it wrong to walk in to the ground. What is wrong with that?

At the end of the day we need to thank ALL campaign groups involved. Not just a select few that support your view. 90% of people are too narrow minded on here.

Thanks go to Get Cov back to the Ricoh, Keep Cov in Cov/Not one penny more, The Sky Blues Trust, Les Reid, Ann Lucas & Joy Seppala.

Why is it ridiculous? Bit of a coincidence that a statement took weeks to write and just happened to come out when people turn up on her door step?

I'm not by any means saying that is what made the talks happen but was just co incidence.

Nick

Administrator

Hadn't joy also invited Lucas?

lewys33

Why is it ridiculous? Bit of a coincidence that a statement took weeks to write and just happened to come out when people turn up on her door step?

I'm not by any means saying that is what made the talks happen but was just co incidence.

What are you saying then? I think you are saying that really, you just dont want to seem to be taking sides ......

Last edited:

Covlad65

This club doesn't need idiots like you swisstony!.........anybody is entitled to go and watch the team play wherever that be......"Grow up"

Last edited:

Covlad65

NOPM will never work...FACT!.....SISU are a hedge fund with a bottomless pit and can sustain the losses, they have always been after the Ricoh from day 1 albeit for a bargain. I am not against SISU buying the Ricoh but it has to be at the right price. They are here to stay whether we as fans like it or not so why not sell to them otherwise this drawn out saga will rumble on for a long time to come.

luwalla

NOPM will never work...FACT!.....SISU are a hedge fund with a bottomless pit and can sustain the losses, they have always been after the Ricoh from day 1 albeit for a bargain. I am not against SISU buying the Ricoh but it has to be at the right price. They are here to stay whether we as fans like it or not so why not sell to them otherwise this drawn out saga will rumble on for a long time to come.

no one has a bottomless pit.. thats a FACT!

skybluebal

Please consider your comments before writing: 8,000 not turning up to Sixfields and consequential loss of significant revenue and good will vs a handful outside of the council house with no impact on revenues. I can't see the protest outside the council as the cause of SISU wanting to talk. The council has always been open to talk.

asb

Please consider your comments before writing: 8,000 not turning up to Sixfields and consequential loss of significant revenue and good will vs a handful outside of the council house with no impact on revenues. I can't see the protest outside the council as the cause of SISU wanting to talk. The council has always been open to talk.

This is being sold from the perspective of those "handful", they are suggesting that they finally got the council to agree to talks. Remember that in their world Sisu have always wanted to talk, it is the evil council that has refused to meet.

The report that was finally submitted with the accounts considered the danger with the ongoing sustainability of CCFC. The auditors certainly appeared to doubt the bottomless pit that is Sisu, without the support of the fans.

Nick

Administrator

So you are saying the council didn't make the statement just after people protested outside their office? What is there for me to consider? I'm not saying it WAS them.

sky blue john

Yes its been a combination of all events from the hill, council house and blue ribbons. But i believe Nopm has had the biggest effect.
Are Sisu really going to build a stadium or get funding for the amount of fans currently going to sixfields ?
I don't think so !!!!
No developer in their right mind would entertain them building a stadium on the never never which seems to be the method that Sisu reckon they will fund the project !!!
Part of the deal is also selling surrounding land, how much would that be worth when only a couple of thousand people arriving one day every couple of weeks ?
Me thinks funding will fall short so Sisu have no choice but to make plan A plan A again !!!!! !!!!

GaryPendrysEyes

I hope people realise these talks may well be just a PR necessity on both sides, some are acting like its all over.

As to NOPM it seems to have pressured Sisu into more urgent manic action and has undoubtedly weakened their position of a derisory take it or leave approach.
It needs to be maintained.

luwalla

Yes its been a combination of all events from the hill, council house and blue ribbons. But i believe Nopm has had the biggest effect.
Are Sisu really going to build a stadium or get funding for the amount of fans currently going to sixfields ?
I don't think so !!!!
No developer in their right mind would entertain them building a stadium on the never never which seems to be the method that Sisu reckon they will fund the project !!!
Part of the deal is also selling surrounding land, how much would that be worth when only a couple of thousand people arriving one day every couple of weeks ?
Me thinks funding will fall short so Sisu have no choice but to make plan A plan A again !!!!! !!!!

fair assessment id say.. it all helpd i guess

and to be fair, hasn't the councils stance always been "We are willing to talk " ? so has anything changed from their side ?? where as SISU have been saying we have moved on.. we are not going back.. we are building our own stadium.. we have moved on etc and mrs sepal has kept her head down & left the talking to Mr Fisher. now all of a sudden she's making the statements & they want to talk. if one sides stance seems t have changed , id says its the club more than the council

ajsccfc

Anyone trying to claim that whatever protest or boycott they did caused this hopeful breakthrough is wrong, and silly. It was Les Reid what did it.

lewys33

So you are saying the council didn't make the statement just after people protested outside their office? What is there for me to consider? I'm not saying it WAS them.

Yet again, I will repeat, what are you saying then?

shy_tall_knight

I think SISU have reappraised the situation regarding a new stadium in Warwickshire after the NOPM campaign, ie that rather than being guaranteed at least 10,000 every match, it may be considerably lower, their investors business partners would need convincing that people would turn up in numbers to a site such as baginton with poor public access plus the Coventry public still sore / upset about a better stadium being unused.

The NOPM has various strands those actively not prepared to go to Northants, those that can't be bothered to travel to Northants those that can't afford the time or money to go to Northants, I think SISU badly underestimated the strength of feeling on this ?.

Nick

Administrator
Yet again, I will repeat, what are you saying then?

I am saying nobody knows what has caused it. Everybody is saying oh it was NOPM or the hill and I just said well what about the protest as the first Council statement came out just after this which sort of set the ball rolling which you dismissed straight off.

It is all well and good saying people on the hill have done this etc but people turning up outside the council house did give the council a kick to release the first statement in this game of statement tennis, didn't it?

hill83

I'm going to come out and say it. NOPM has definitely helped, as have several other things.
But not people standing on a hill.

289c6rk.jpg

Actually scrap that, people not going to games in Northampton has helped. Using my dad as an example, he doesn't even know about NOPM but refuses to go. As I'm sure the majority of people staying away are doing. NOPM has just been tacked on to the stayaways.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Or the fact that 30 people stand on a hill.

Yes of course 24 people turned up outside the council house and that got the ball rolling not the fact that the crowds at sixfields are half of what Mr Fisher predicted would be the lowest.

torchomatic

In fact the attitude of the idiots on here makes me want to go.

I Haven't been to sixfields but don't think it's right to slate others that do.

lewys33

I am saying nobody knows what has caused it.CORRECT
Everybody is saying oh it was NOPM or the hill and I just said well what about the protest as the first Council statement came out just after this which sort of set the ball rolling which you dismissed straight off. INCORRECT

It is all well and good saying people on the hill have done this etc but people turning up outside the council house did give the council a kick to release the first statement in this game of statement tennis, didn't it?

Not everybody is saying that. Please read my first comment on this. I will put it again for you ......

At the end of the day we need to thank ALL campaign groups involved. Not just a select few that support your view. 90% of people are too narrow minded on here. Thanks go to Get Cov back to the Ricoh, Keep Cov in Cov/Not one penny more, The Sky Blues Trust, Les Reid, Ann Lucas & Joy Seppala.
Why is it so hard to say all campaigns have played a part in this?

lewys33

Nick - you sit there and say a a handful of fans helped get the ball rolling by protesting outside the council house. Yet don't say anything about Ann Lucas making the statement?

SISU are losing a lot of revenue in Northampton - Which is 1 of the reasons as to why they want to get back to the ricoh. So NOPM has helped there
CCC don't want the people of Coventry against them, so a protest outside is not good for them. So the "Get Cov back to the Ricoh" campaign has worked there.

ALL CAMPAIGNS HAVE WORKED

Am I the only one that can seriously say I commend all campaigns, Les Reid, Joy Seppala and Ann Lucas for this despite my personal views? You're all pathetic.

lewys33

In fact the attitude of the idiots on here makes me want to go.

What the f*** are you smoking? Please do go to sixfields just to spite some narrow-minded views on here. Carry on. Please hold a sign up which states "I'm here to protest against the "pro-ACL" h8r's!" Idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread