Is Lameiras Underrated? (1 Viewer)

Winny the Bish

Something that I have picked up on over the last few weeks is the amount of CCFC fans, on here at least, that seemingly don't rate Ruben Lameiras that much. The lad gets an awful lot of 5's and 6's on match ratings, with some people giving him 6's after the Burton game, where he played an absolute belter in my opinion by stretching the play out on the right hand side and constantly providing a very real threat when he cuts in and plays his defence-splitting passes.

That pass he played through to Tudgay in the Burton game was sensational, and he did the same for Armstrong's goal against Millwall. There are very few players in League One with the playmaking ability that he has and I'm just a little bit concerned that it is going by completely unnoticed.

So, what do you make of Lameiras' start to the season? And is it just me that feels he is being underrated by City fans?

PVA

I don't think he's underrated at all. It's clear that he has great talent, some of his passes, dribbles and turns are sublime.

However I feel that he has a tendency to go missing for periods and sometimes the tricks and flicks don't work and he gifts possession back to the opposition.

Southend was a prime example, started off brilliantly but then every time the ball went near him he lost it, and it was the right decision to take him off at half time.

Otis

I don't think he is underrated at all. He's just a player that seemingly at the moment fades from games.

He was even subbed at half time in one game.

Very highly rated, but he just needs to be a little more consistent. Too often he has played really well in one half and not in the other.

I rate him, but have only marked him myself with 6's at times.

covcity4life

hes brillaint, such a skillfull player and a joy to watch

however he does go missing soemtimes or have a bad patch where everything he tries goes wrong, hes young though

lacks pace so when he does someone he cant get away from them,maybe that will improve as his body gets stronger.

as long as he dont get booed id say we dont need to worry,the fanbase like him

Sky Blue Jack

He's a very gifted player, there's no doubting that but as Otis and PVA have said he tends to go missing for a lot of a game so no I don't think he's underrated.

I'd keep in the team as he's someone who can create something out of nothing, a real talented player but just lacks a bit of consistency at the minute

mark82

Thought he was fantastic in all 3 games I've seen so far this season, including Burton on Sunday. Let's not forget it's his first proper full season of first team football.

kg82

People know that players like Lameiras can't be sensational for 90 minutes every game, right? He'll create chances, but he'll also go missing offensively. That's just the way it is. What I've noticed is he actually works hard and helps defensively too.

rupert_bear

Good player, certainly one for the future, remember he is on a learning kerb and will take a bit of a while to develop, but i believe he will become a key player, reminds me a bit of David Silva, hope he becomes half as good as him.

harvey098

The Maddison injury effected RL - those two together centrally caused such havoc because the opposition midfielders didnt know who to mark the closest but I don't think he's a winger. He's so skilful and got great vision but he's not that quick so playing more centrally suits him better. Hopefully him and the Liverpool lad can create the same situation again

Otis

The Maddison injury effected RL - those two together centrally caused such havoc because the opposition midfielders didnt know who to mark the closest but I don't think he's a winger. He's so skilful and got great vision but he's not that quick so playing more centrally suits him better. Hopefully him and the Liverpool lad can create the same situation again

It's true. He had more time and space when Maddison was playing alongside him.

Is it maybe because he has such ability but doesn't pull it off 100% of the time that he gets a low rating? If someone like Connor Thomas turned up and started playing like The Portuguese wonder, then he would likely get a higher rating.

Specs WT-R75

He has ability that is for sure, but I spotted a few instances against Burton where he made it too easy for them when we were defending. That's probably bringing his average down a touch. He definitely has ability that is for sure, but I think against some teams we might be better off with him on the bench when we need to play a bit more defensively. My 2cs

torchomatic

Totally agree, KG. And, unlike a lot of players who are described as "flair players", he's willing to tackle and get stuck in. I really like him. And he's all ours, which is a bonus.

People know that players like Lameiras can't be sensational for 90 minutes every game, right? He'll create chances, but he'll also go missing offensively. That's just the way it is. What I've noticed is he actually works hard and helps defensively too.

Johnnythespider

It's a big well done to Mowbray for getting him from me. My brother told me to watch out for him after the game at Nuneaton. He's very good and will only get better.

Winny the Bish

He's naturally going to be quiet for periods of a game for two reasons:

1) He's playing out of position on the wing
2) Our gameplan doesn't revolve around him getting on the ball - so when full-backs bomb on and are getting crosses in to the box, he isn't the type of player to storm in and climb above a defender at the back post

lifeskyblue

He has such potential it's frightening. Some of the passes he makes would make TV pundits drool if it was a World Cup final. His short game reminds me of hoddle. He has not got the full range of passes yet. He is only a kid and I'm not surprised or worried he fades in some games. TM I'm sure didn't initially envisage him playing every game but develop him slowly. I think the injury to Madders and lameries form have shifted that view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chipfat

It's true. He had more time and space when Maddison was playing alongside him.

I got hammered from some on here for saying Madison missing would change the dynamic of the side, due to him being able to create time and space for others.

stevefloyd

I liked him at Nuneaton and I still like him, he works quite hard and even Messi goes missing in games!! He is a flair player with an eye for a killer pass and what has already been said ...HE IS OURS :)

Hobo

Lamieras has had a good grounding at Tottenham. But is just starting out in experiencing the competitive side of the game. He still has lots to learn but his potential I believe is huge.

I believe he is potentially as big an asset to the club as Maddison. The qualities he has you can't really teach, but the weaker side of his game are the things that can be coached and learnt.

Possibly TMs best acquisition to date, because he is contracted to us and actually one of our own.

bringbackrattles

Lameiras is a young and bright prospect and what a find by eagle eyed Mowbray. He's still learning his trade and he will make some errors,but what I've seen of him so far he has great vision and some of his passing looks too good for League One.I'm really excited that we've got him and let's allow him off days because he'll certainly do the business on his good ones !

Nick

Administrator
His accent still confuses me :( That first time I heard him speak messed with my brain.

Chipfat

Lamieras has had a good grounding at Tottenham. But is just starting out in experiencing the competitive side of the game. He still has lots to learn but his potential I believe is huge.

I believe he is potentially as big an asset to the club as Maddison. The qualities he has you can't really teach, but the weaker side of his game are the things that can be coached and learnt.

Possibly TMs best acquisition to date, because he is contracted to us and actually one of our own.

I agree with you Hobo,, he has the same attributes and has the same weaknesses as Maddison,, i just think if the club keep these two players for a couple of season's together the fans will no doubt be entertained..

SkyBlue_Bear83

He's clearly talented but I agree with those he goes missing at times. He will pop up and do a great piece of skill and then go quiet again for another 10-15 minutes.

He was linking up really well with Maddison and I think his performances have dropped since his injury. He needs players playing closer to him so he can play the deft 1-2 passes and link up which Maddison was doing, if you isolate Lamieras he isn't going to beat his full back 1v1 to the byline and get a cross in very often like Murphy would. Murphy will hug one touchline so is too far away to Lamieras to link up and JOB won't do that role either as he's bombing around everywhere so Lameiras can never be sure where JOB will be on the pitch.

With Maddison you always knew he would be occupying the 10 role so you could pop the ball into him and run off him without thinking about it too much. Now when he picks up the ball, you have to look and think where is JOB because you can never be sure where he will be. Ok JOB isn't a good position now where is Murphy, seems a little too far away to link up effectively and then by this time the defender is harrying you and you are forced back.

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

yeah, i really wanted him to sound portuguese lol
It reminds me when I was asking for directions once to Anfield in Liverpool and asked a bloke wearing a Liverpool scarf and bobble hat. Expecting a broad scouse accent I was met with a foreign accent and a blank expression on his face. You just never know what to expect anymore !

Evo1883

Just needs a full season under his belt , he will be a very good player for us

ccfc1234

He has technique and you just cannot buy that in L1, he also is young. I rate him highly. Full respect for TM we have added some skillful football players in the right areas.

Murphy---Lameries---Kent

----------Armstrong---------

Not many league 1 defenses want to see these young lads turn up for a game!!

skyblueinBaku

It reminds me when I was asking for directions once to Anfield in Liverpool and asked a bloke wearing a Liverpool scarf and bobble hat. Expecting a broad scouse accent I was met with a foreign accent and a blank expression on his face. You just never know what to expect anymore !

I was stopped in Moscow for a minor motoring offence. I tried the "sorry officer, I don't understand what you are saying" routine and he explained my misdemeanor in perfect 'BBC accented' English. I paid the on-the-spot fine without further ado.

M&B Stand

hes brillaint, such a skillfull player and a joy to watch

however he does go missing soemtimes or have a bad patch where everything he tries goes wrong, hes young though

lacks pace so when he does someone he cant get away from them,maybe that will improve as his body gets stronger.

as long as he dont get booed id say we dont need to worry,the fanbase like him

He's got something about him, looks a player. Interesting you pick up on his pace, I think he's very light on his feet and can be quick, such a good point about strength tho, people who have played even decent Sunday league level will know being able to run away from a player with the ball isn't just about how good a sprinter you are, it's also about leg power and core strength.
seen plenty of quick players left treading water when stronger lads pull away with ball.

H

Huckerby

My favourite player in the team at the moment. Really excited when he gets on the ball

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

skybluebeduff

Apart from some crap league in Sweden, this is his first ever season as a pro, even people like Connor Thomas to Ruben are experienced players, Ruben yet isn't.

He's had a great start for an inexperienced youth.

Users who are viewing this thread