Is it Unthinkable (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Nobody knows for certain but from comments banded about on articles - player meetings- EFL comments etc it is starting to look doubtful that the appetite for any football behind closed doors in League 1 & 2 is waning due to several reasons - Is it unthinkbalde we might start having to think that Football may not start till a vaccine is found and distributed which could be as long as 12 – 18 months – This potentially could be kicking off a new season August 2021? - Obviously many questions how many clubs could survive for that period ?– What happens about the existing promotion and relegation? In our own case if Cov were awarded promotion or were denied promotion will the owners like other football owners bank roll 17/18 months at a standstill -and of course new investment particularly if we did go up, not forgetting discussions on where we play -

OffenhamSkyBlue

Nobody knows for certain but from comments banded about on articles - player meetings- EFL comments etc it is starting to look doubtful that the appetite for any football behind closed doors in League 1 & 2 is waning due to several reasons - Is it unthinkbalde we might start having to think that Football may not start till a vaccine is found and distributed which could be as long as 12 – 18 months – This potentially could be kicking off a new season August 2021? - Obviously many questions how many clubs could survive for that period ?– What happens about the existing promotion and relegation? In our own case if Cov were awarded promotion or were denied promotion will the owners like other football owners bank roll 17/18 months at a standstill -and of course new investment particularly if we did go up, not forgetting discussions on where we play -
If we don't get promoted, by whatever means the EFL conjure up, any bets that SISU are the first to launch legal action???

Brylowes

From everything I’ve seen and heard, 12 - 18 months seems very optimistic for a vaccine
To be found and then there’s the difficultly of mass manufacturing and distribution.

BornSlippySkyBlue

From everything I’ve seen and heard, 12 - 18 months seems very optimistic for a vaccine
To be found and then there’s the difficultly of mass manufacturing and distribution.
A lot of very clever people are saying 12-18 months minimum for a viable vaccine, and then there’s the Oxford Uni team who have already gone into partnership with AstraZeneca to potentially manufacture “millions” of doses by this autumn if their (currently underway) trials are successful. Another unknown it seems.

The Philosopher

You watch, the only safe place to play for a few months will be China. I can see many clubs shipping players off there on loan to get match practice for a bit

RFC

Unfortunately you have to find the appropriate site first and I can assure you it won’t come under CCC

slyblue57

If we don't get promoted, by whatever means the EFL conjure up, any bets that SISU are the first to launch legal action???
The talk of legal action from us or anyone in league 1 or 2 is fanciful. Do nt think anyone could afford it unless it was some sought of joint action. I fear for the future of a lot of clubs ☹️ pusb

Legia Sky Blue

The talk of legal action from us or anyone in league 1 or 2 is fanciful. Do nt think anyone could afford it unless it was some sought of joint action. I fear for the future of a lot of clubs ☹️ pusb

Whatever makes you think our owners would shy away from legal action?

RegTheDonk

A lot of very clever people are saying 12-18 months minimum for a viable vaccine, and then there’s the Oxford Uni team who have already gone into partnership with AstraZeneca to potentially manufacture “millions” of doses by this autumn if their (currently underway) trials are successful. Another unknown it seems.
The Sky Supercompuer has Oxford winning the league, so don't bank on the Uni getting things done quickly ;)

singers_pore

A lot of clever people are making exaggerated claims in order to increase their funding and fame. I’ve worked as a university professor for 20+ years. I know how it works.

‘Best case scenario is a vaccine in 12 months. Worst case is no vaccine for decades.

BornSlippySkyBlue

A lot of clever people are making exaggerated claims in order to increase their funding and fame. I’ve worked as a university professor for 20+ years. I know how it works.

‘Best case scenario is a vaccine in 12 months. Worst case is no vaccine for decades.
I guess ultimately we’ll only know with the benefit of hindsight (I’m not saying they will do it incidentally). Let’s hope they have something of value sooner rather than later because a truly working vaccine will be a game-changer.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The Sky Supercompuer has Oxford winning the league, so don't bank on the Uni getting things done quickly ;)
There computer must have a big fault it predicts Oxford would drop just 6 points from their remaining 9 games ,Rotherham would drop only 10 from their 9 games and we would have a complete collapse dropping 19 from 10 games 1 extra game

Last edited:

steve cooper

There computer must have a big fault it predicts Oxford would drop just 6 points from their remaining 9 games ,Rotherham would drop only 10 from their 9 games and we would have a complete collapse dropping 19 from 10 games 1 extra game
Plus, it can't add up. It has us losing 2 and winning just 1 of the remaining 10 games, yet predicts 11 points. Not possible

Users who are viewing this thread