Is it time for Dunn to be no.1 (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Simple answer is no!!!
He was woeful pre season and we had a taster of how poor he is against southampton.

My mate living just outside northampton attended 5+ games last year and he said he was way below average in league 2!
He was brought in as a cheap 2/3rd choice!
IMO burge is better than dunn!!

Lord_Nampil

No, I like Murphy yes me made a mistake on sat but he has also kept us in games 2! Even if others have let him down later!

CovLis86

I think we have to stick with Murphy, but ive been dissapointed with him. Hes had big gloves to fill, but for me hes cost us more games than hes saved us in.
Approx 4 costs to 2 saves id say.

happybigjohn

YES YES YES. Murphy does not inspire confidence in the rest of the defence. He has pulled off some good saves over the last few months, but we have still lost most of the games. He has to have a rest and give Dunn a good run now. The sooner the better!

JHarding1987

YES. Murphy has cost us dearly. Palace & Reading away, Southampton at home. He is a League 1 'keeper, which is where he will be next season.

NO!!!

Murphy is relied upon far too much cus we're so shit, tbh the whole back five are.

He's prone to the odd mistake like most 'keepers (not seen many at home tho), but he's made some great saves lately. Not his fault we're bottom.

PVA

NO.

Murphy is a decent keeper at this level. yes he makes mistakes, all keepers do. We have been spoilt for the last 3 years but Murph is not a bad keeper.

Not sure why some people seem to think Dunn is the answer. He made a half decent save when he first came on against Derby, which some people way over rated and seemed to think that made him instantly better than Murphy. But was poor in pre season and dreadful against Saints.

rob9872

Glen you're a cock

pusbccfc

Where's ireland? Still injured?
Oggy said he could be a prem keeper in a couple years... Bit of a fail!

cov8791

Ireland has always been injured yet has been lorded as the next big thing because he is the "correct size".
Quirke was Sh.t on and let go,and he was a far superior keeper!
Thorn???

rob9872

I liked Quirke too but I'm sure they know what they were doing and Oggy would have had massive input so this one can't be pinned on Thorn too imo. Also odd that nobody has picked him up yet as I'm sure he could do a job at L2 level.

wingy

Had a trial at Yeovil a week or two back ,looked on their site yesterday but,no mention ,Re; ireland a contract extention last summer ,seems unecessary ,we have two as cover already ,bigger sicknote than Mcpake +Mcnammee.

cov8791

He was let down badly by city,the last i heard he needed operations on his knee!
I watched that group of players come through the acadamy,Clarke,Cameron,Jeffers,etc etc.
Quirke should have been kept!
Just my opinion!

cov8791

Let us not forget,unless we have some good kids that come through we really have no Heart!!
The pride of the City Badge and the football clubs that belong to the city are important!
Maybe we need to concentrate on what we have?

Pigeon

Lets face it, Murphy will never fill the painful void of Keiran Westwood who would regularly save our skins and as stated many times add about 10 points to the season. Murphy's not a bad keeper but makes some simple errors, he'd been on a decent run for the last couple of games before Reading but the general body language of the whole team around him is nervous when ever teams come at us on the attack so it's not surprising these simple errors happen. However, Dunn might not be the best replacement for him either.

skybluegod

For god sake the people saying yes must not have seen him against saints he was terrible and from what i hear not great in pre season he's not got good ratings from northampton fans and thats league two, murphy is class goalie his defence has been poor recently

mark82

Dunn was good in the second half against Derby earlier in the season but that is the only time I've seen him play.

Users who are viewing this thread