Is it really that bad? (1 Viewer)

gally9

Turn the results round, so a draw at Oldham and a win last night and all would be rosey in the kitchen.

A win against Bournemouth however is a minimum requirement.. A convincing win is the holy grail.

Mucca Mad Boys

we got hammered 1-1 though last night . that is the worry

Possession wise yes, but we created enough to win.

Fact is, the team underperformed, and still got a point against MK Dons, a team that will be 'up there', that's encouraging to some extent.

gally9

The only reason we didn't get 3 points though was due to our poor finishing and a lucky deflection.. Also the leg of god, how the actual fuck did that guy not score!!

Taking all this into account.. We will get there

skybluedaze

It is worrying, but the main thing is that somehow Cov have stopped losing, and haven't lost for the last 2 games. Cov have played better earlier in the season and got nothing for all the effort. Every club needs a little bit of luck sometimes to stop the rot. Hopefully those positive results will turn poor performances in to better ones in the not too distant future. If not, then it will be a long hard season. I personally think Robins will turn things around. It takes time to get you're confidence back when you've had so many knocks and we've had plenty. When the confidence does come back, all those missed opportunities in front of goal will be converted i'm sure.

Last edited:

ccfcway

not at all,

only in the drop zone in league one, only 17 points off the top spot after 10 games, despite signing an entire new team, sacking the manager after 3 games ,then getting in 4 more loans and getting 7 points from 10. We havent paid the rent since WW2 and we are now getting less than 10,000 fans in a 2/3 empty stadium. One of the highest wage bills in the league and 40 odd years of no top 6 finish in any league. The players look like they have never done one fitness session and most dont look that bothered.

:(

aodea

A few weeks ago it did not look like we were capable of getting 4 points from two games. Could it be better? Yes of course the performances can be better but at least they are showing some grit to dig out results. If we were too get an average of two points a game for the rest of the season we would make the play offs. (i think).

if robins can get some spirt together performances will get better.

gally9

not at all,

only in the drop zone in league one, only 17 points off the top spot after 10 games, despite signing an entire new team, sacking the manager after 3 games ,then getting in 4 more loans and getting 7 points from 10. We havent paid the rent since WW2 and we are now getting less than 10,000 fans in a 2/3 empty stadium. One of the highest wage bills in the league and 40 odd years of no top 6 finish in any league. The players look like they have never done one fitness session and most dont look that bothered.

:(

I'm guessing your a glass half full kinda guy, bet your a riot at parties ;)

gally9

A few weeks ago it did not look like we were capable of getting 4 points from two games. Could it be better? Yes of course the performances can be better but at least they are showing some grit to dig out results. If we were too get an average of two points a game for the rest of the season we would make the play offs. (i think).

if robins can get some spirt together performances will get better.

Exactly right

stupot07

The only reason we didn't get 3 points though was due to our poor finishing and a lucky deflection.. Also the leg of god, how the actual feck did that guy not score!!

Taking all this into account.. We will get there

What about all their poor finishing? Or does that not count when you've got your sky blue tinted glasses on?

gally9

What about all their poor finishing? Or does that not count when you've got your sky blue tinted glasses on?

Of course that counts, but we can only play what's put in front of us.. I'm not saying we played well. I'm saying we got a point and didn't play well. Besides, other than the passage of play where he had an eternity to score I honestly can't remember them testing is that much, it was pretty equal for me on chances created.

gally9

Every game is a 6 pointer for us now, the sooner we get out of this shit league the better we will be.. I genuinely think this team would be mid table in the championship.. We're just not streetwise enough for this division.

stupot07

Every game is a 6 pointer for us now, the sooner we get out of this shit league the better we will be.. I genuinely think this team would be mid table in the championship.. We're just not streetwise enough for this division.

I'm not sure what to say about that......

aodea

6 pointer on saturday :whistle:

Its not so much a six pointer as in if we lose we are too far adrift, however from a club point of view its absoultly massive. i said in another thread yesterday 4 points from 2 games at home would be a great return and i stand by that. I think if we had seven points from our last three games we could really look at this division and say hey we are more than capable. I belive that robins will have the team beliving today that last nioght was a result that was not easy to come by put they stuck with it and got a draw. MK dons by all account keep the ball very well and we could not match that, but we did not try Robins set them out to do a job and qa point while not brillant is very good.

covcity4life

new manager is changing us for the long term, short term we have picked up 4 pts in last 2 games and hope to remain unbeaton for a while now.

i still think this season is gonna be exciting for us,and in a good way.

what sort of drugs are you on ??

can i have some ??

mid table championship!! streetwise??

Robins said against oldam it was the worst football game he'd ever seen , we can't string passes together which correct me if i'm wrong is the whole point of team football ....not street knockabouts !!

and don't get me started about finishing and fitness....mid table champ classic statement made me proper laugh ...we are where we deserve to be until we play better end of. !:mad:

Diehard Si

It's frustrating because this is football and everyone is impatient and expects miracles.

We're improving. It's slow but we are improving. Yes last night was bad, really bad, but it's a step up from dire.

Early in the game we were all over them.

We can't expect too much too soon. We've been shipping goals all season, and now conceded 1 goal in 2 games.

The problems at this club go deep, they can't be just plastered over. To change a philosophy takes time. It won't come overnight.

Leamington Pete

new manager is changing us for the long term, short term we have picked up 4 pts in last 2 games and hope to remain unbeaton for a while now.

i still think this season is gonna be exciting for us,and in a good way.

Absolutely right. It takes time for any new manager to sort things out. Robins will slowly start to make his Mark (geddit?) and results will improve.

ebo67

I think I would've been happy with 4 points out the last two games..we just need to stop giving the ball away cheaply and we will improve

shy_tall_knight

Yes it is that bad, our senior professionals were shocking last nite
Wood - looked like a pub player
Sheffers - wouldn't get into many other teams in this division, slow and ineffectual
Baker - inability to control a ball turning a good chance into a half chance
Only murphy of the senior guys did ok

It was that bad that other players like Reckford went from being competent to being all over the place.

Nonleagueherewecome

What concerns me is that we've gone from a side maybe capable of playing well for 45 minutes to one that can maybe play well for 15 minutes. Ah well, at least over a fifth of the season hasn't gone by yet..oh crap. :(

Black6Osprey

Well its not very good is it. In some ways last night was worse than Saturday as we were the home side. I really don't like this 1 up front and 5 midfielders so deep they needed binoculars to see the striker. Until of course he got stuck out wide in the second half?? Moussa started brightly and then also got moved?? Wood, Macca and Barton shouldn't be in the side as far as I'm concerned. With Barton in the side its like having 10 men. Okay we've picked up points from the last 2 games but on another day we could have come away with nothing. We keep saying they are underperforming but its been said so many times now that you've got to wonder if this is actually it and the odd times we've played okay that's them playing out of their skin. I still think not but you've got to start to wonder.

CovfanDan

what sort of drugs are you on ??

can i have some ??

mid table championship!! streetwise??

Robins said against oldam it was the worst football game he'd ever seen , we can't string passes together which correct me if i'm wrong is the whole point of team football ....not street knockabouts !!

and don't get me started about finishing and fitness....mid table champ classic statement made me proper laugh ...we are where we deserve to be until we play better end of. !:mad:

True, but if we aren't playing well (last night and at Oldham), at least we are picking up points, which is much more important at the moment than style of play.

(Just noticed you are in Carmarthen, it must be you i've bumped into and had a chat with in pubs round town ages ago?)

Waldorf

I'm usually a defender of Murphy, but I'm getting sick of his inability to release the ball quickly, and to simple hoof it. The number of times MK simply collected the ball and came back at us I lost count of. When yo add the number of time Edge had to bail Wood out, you're close to a cricket score.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Positive I take is that we were better in defence yesterday, negatives we were awful in possession after 15 mins an the midfield and attack didn't press the opposition at all

Nonleagueherewecome

Edge does well against MK's: MK Dons, Marlon King..erm..Meer-Kats?

Users who are viewing this thread