Is it just me or ......................... (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Are there others that think this High Speed Train thing is a total waste of time and money? How many billions?
If people want to get to London half an hour quicker, get an earlier train FFS!!! Simples! Save the tax-payer a bleedin' fortune!

rob9872

Apparently it reduces the time from Birmingham to London by 30 minutes to 49 minutes - whoopee-doo! Most people eat, sleep or work and view the journey as their break so if you need to be somewhere 30 minutes sooner, then set off 30 minutes earlier. Honestly the money we waste particularly in times of recession amazes me. That money would have been better served imo updateing, cleaning and improving the current shoddy network which by the standards of the continent is embarrassing.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
What is wrong with the 'train' system we already have?? Should we not try and sort the faults with the existing rail network rather than having a similar system run along side it?

Will the HS2 not need line repairs causing delays? Will HS2 trains not have delays themselves? Who are they building the improved railway for?? Because your normal working person isnt going to be able to afford the moronic prices that will come with it!

Do we need to get to London any quicker? I dont see why the answer to that will be yes.

Users who are viewing this thread