Is it in our own hands? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

So the teams in and around are coming up on the fixtures. They are all home fixures except Ipswich.

Pompey on Tuesday then two away games before Rotherham at home.
Then it's Sunderland at home, Ipswich (the one away) A couple of easy games then Wycombe at home and Peterboro' at home.

This is the crucial run of games. The heat is on. Fresh legs needed and utilizing the squad. You would have to say its in our own hands surely?

stupot07

I dont know how you can say it's in our own hands. If we win every remaining game then we finish top regardless of what others do. However that's unrealistic and I think we've only won 3 league games on the bounce all season, therefore we need others to drop some points whilst trying to pick up 6 more points than them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hobo

So the teams in and around are coming up on the fixtures. They are all home fixures except Ipswich.

Then it's Sunderland at home, Ipswich (the one away) A couple of easy games then Wycombe at home and Peterboro' at home.

This is the crucial run of games. The heat is on. Fresh legs needed and utilizing the squad. You would have to say its in our own hands surely?

There will be no easy games. We will win some and lose some. So will the teams around us. There is a lot of football to be played this season.

shmmeee

I dont know how you can say it's in our own hands. If we win every remaining game then we finish top regardless of what others do. However that's unrealistic and I think we've only won 3 league games on the bounce all season, therefore we need others to drop some points whilst trying to pick up 6 more points than them.

We just have to do as well or nearly as well as the others and pick some points off them. No one is saying we are literally going to win all our remaining games, just that until the current situation changes we need to just take each game at a time and not worry about the others.

fernandopartridge

The meaning of "in our own hands" is not to win all remaining games. It certainly is in our own hands, if we win our games in hand we're top. That's in our hands, there is nothing other results can do about it

shmmeee

Pompey is a massive game Tuesday

Hope everyone at the club is treating it the same as the Brum game at least. Huge huge game, a win sets down a marker and puts us 2nd with a game in hand. A draw wouldn’t be the end of the world, I’d worry if we lost with the other games we’ve got coming up.

Evo1883

So it's in our hands then

shmmeee

Seen some of our Fans absolutely shitting it over Pompey Tuesday,

play to our strengths & at the level we can they won’t be a match for our style

Right here. I’m bricking it. Though I’ll be bricking it for the next 16 games.

Edit: Also:

Reactions: Joe

Evo1883

Seen some of our Fans absolutely shitting it over Pompey Tuesday,

play to our strengths & at the level we can they won’t be a match for our style

Problem is Alot of our fans including me aren't used to playing such important matches at the top end of the table lol.
We naturally fear the worst

BackRoomRummermill

Of course it is if we win all our games in hand we will win the league , are you thick ? It is in in our hands

stupot07

So it's in our hands then
Mathematically yes
In reality no

But all we can do is worry about winning our own games. Thay said, I'd rather have 5 points in the bag than 2 games in hand.

itsabuzzard

Hardly sticking your neck out saying so.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Grendel

It’s also in Rotherham and Portsmouth’s ken hands as well so it’s a bit silly and I’d guess Wycombe as well

ccfcway

There aren’t enough cliches on this thread. Let’s take one game at a time.

at the end of the day, the lads gave 100%. The fans were brilliant and are like a 12th man. We will put a lot of work in at the training ground and go again on Tuesday. It’s a 6 pointer and we will adopt the high press and need to ensure we have good game management. It’s not a must win, but we need to do our own thing and take one game at a time

Johnnythespider

Hope everyone at the club is treating it the same as the Brum game at least. Huge huge game, a win sets down a marker and puts us 2nd with a game in hand. A draw wouldn’t be the end of the world, I’d worry if we lost with the other games we’ve got coming up.
I think there is a full program Tuesday, so we will still have 2 games in hand

Mucca Mad Boys

We’re two points off 2nd place with 2 games in hand.

Yes, we’ve only won 3 on the bounce, but since we’ve only lost 3 games all season, and only once since October, we’re picking up points in 90% of our games.

Meanwhile, you’ve got P’boro who have lost 30% of their games, even Rotherham have lost 27% of their league games.

The teams around us will also drop points.

Magwitch

Win our games in hand we are top and stay there should we not lose to Rotherham, we won’t win them all nor will any of our rivals will either,

Users who are viewing this thread