Is Grendal really Whispering Bob Harris (1 Viewer)

jimmyhill

From my youth I seem to remember that Bob (the Old Grey Whistle Test supremo) was very opinionated and knew little about football. He was also in a fan-club of approximately 1 when it came to a love of all things Marillion. Surely this cannot just be a coincidence. Does anyone know if the demise of the OGWT coincided with the appearance Grendal on this forum? :thinking about:

Grendel

From my youth I seem to remember that Bob (the Old Grey Whistle Test supremo) was very opinionated and knew little about football. He was also in a fan-club of approximately 1 when it came to a love of all things Marillion. Surely this cannot just be a coincidence. Does anyone know if the demise of the OGWT coincided with the appearance Grendal on this forum? :thinking about:

Im not sure who grendal is. Where is he? Is he the one someone said yesterday made more sense than 90% of the idiots on here?

letsallsingtogether

:laugh::laugh: wasn't me was it :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Im not sure who grendal is. Where is he? Is he the one someone said yesterday made more sense than 90% of the idiots on here?

ajsccfc

Let's just forget football and have more threads talking about each other instead! We could gossip about the boys we like and stuff, yay.

covhead1

oh Marillion......you've gotta be on drugs to listen to them, Hmm yes that kinda fits in.

was'nt the singer called 'Fish'
interesting that. could he be related to our (not so) glorious leader(TF), or hey, maybe they are one and the same :eek:

feckin hell it all makes sense now, there is even the Scottish connection Fish & Pressley.

Coincidence... probably but WTF

Moff

Let's just forget football and have more threads talking about each other instead! We could gossip about the boys we like and stuff, yay.

Yay indeed ajsccfc. You seem like a good egg, and we share a common interest in CCFC, humour and stuff. Shall we start a thread on it? ;)

_brian_

Any chance we could turn this thread into a poll? I'd just be really interested in the results, guys! Thanks!!!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Whispering Bob was on 6 music with the gorgeous La La Laverne on Monday morning....

..Lauren Laverne is bloody lovely......If I wasn't married....I'd marry her.....I bet she likes Brie.

Nonleagueherewecome

Bob was being interviewed on R6 a few days ago. To mark the release of an Old Grey Whistle Test CD. They played "Refugee" by Tom Petty, a song I hadn't heard since I was a small child. Maaaaan did Bryan Adams rip it off for "Run To You".

Petty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ-bhM-xuec

Adams: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF5LaVkDhyk

Nonleagueherewecome

Whispering Bob was on 6 music with the gorgeous La La Laverne on Monday morning....

..Lauren Laverne is bloody lovely......If I wasn't married....I'd marry her.....I bet she likes Brie.

Snap.

Agreed on Lauren, although I'm going off her a bit now that she's so ubiquitous. Shockingly, I do own the Kenickie album, but it was a quid in Our Price in Rugby on tape when it came out. Worth it for "Come Out Tonight" alone.

I saw them at Glastonbury at least once too.

_brian_

Bob was being interviewed on R6 a few days ago. To mark the release of an Old Grey Whistle Test CD. They played "Refugee" by Tom Petty, a song I hadn't heard since I was a small child. Maaaaan did Bryan Adams rip it off for "Run To You".

Petty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ-bhM-xuec

Adams: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF5LaVkDhyk

What a petty* thing to get worked up about!!! LOL! Love it!!!

(*I've opted to highlight the word I'm using for this pun rather than explain what the joke is (which I often like to do to save any misunderstanding that can occur on threads due to reader's interpretations), as I thought it might save a few unnecessary characters (although I don't think there is a maximum, just a minimum, but people don't want to read a load of waffle! LOL!)

Users who are viewing this thread