Is David McGoldrick's signing essential? (1 Viewer)

psgm1

Banned
Listening to the CWR idiot that is Clive Eakin last night, he tries to make out that the team could do well without signing David McGoldrick.

Considering under Robins Coventry city have only won once when he hasn't scored, that is a totally ridiculous statement. DM has been at the heart of virtually every goal scoring opportunity this season, either scoring, or providing a telling cross to set up an attack.

If ever there was a definition of a one-man band cov right now are it! But then again this is the same Clive eakin who said a certain former manager was doing a good job this season - just before he was sacked!

I guess you don't need to know anything about football to be a football commentator with the beeb - Worse is Stuart Linnell

CovisGod

Yes,

Essential in my opinion. Lose him, heads will drop, loss of morale, lose a few games, back to square one.

We have to keep him, he wants to stay, the club want him to stay and Forest want rid, let's get it sorted.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yes it is if we want to get out of this league. I don't think we would be relegation battlers without him but I don't think we would be play off contenders either*

*I am not saying we are currently play off contenders currently with Mcgoldrick in the side but we could come into contention later on if we keep him, or most definitely next season if we sign Mcgoldrick

CovLis86

Weve always been missing a goalscorer, even when we sign "proven" ones they always dissapoint. So now weve found one who seems to have broken the coventry city striker curse, he is our goldust. Must keep at almost all costs

Sky Blue Pete

Robins will have something in mind. It is highly unlikely we will sign him but possible that we could keep him for season on loan

Brighton Sky Blue

If he doesn't want to go anywhere else then there's not much Forest can do about it-however, if another club comes in with a better offer (not unlikely), then there's not much we can do about it. Our best chance is of signing him on a pre-contract I'd say.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I think yes if the players see sisu getting there act together could very well give a even better boost to the team and who knows then!

AFCCOVENTRY

If we lose out to his signing to another L1 team I would be annoyed.... however if a Champ club comes in for him then good luck to him. He is Champ quality.

psgm1

Banned
It is no coincidence that McGoldrick has one of his less productive days and cov don't win! Sheffs had his best game of the entire season and was rightly given praise, but the team is still dependant upon McGoldrick either scoring or setting up goals. He hasn't got much left on his contract so should be relatively inexpensive (250k-300k would be top end for a lg1 player with 3-4 months left on contract.

It truly is put up or shut up time for SISU. Maybe cov could just scrape through without him, but surely it makes commercial sense to kepp the ONLY consistent scorer with the team! Sure sheffs had a good game, but it is 1 good performance in nearly 20 games! By any standard that is unacceptable - expecially for someone not long ago in a premiership squad!

Cov have now lost 21 points from winning positions. Put in context cov are 15 points off top of league!.

45 mins play is NOT good enough

Paxman II

Not this again!

What will be will be and I'm sure it won't be for want of trying so all tis speculating is bordering on the paranoid.

Let us not forget McGoldrick has had a sparkling run of form up until the last 4 games now where he has not scored a goal in open play. (just one from the spot) has his goal scoring prowess hit a wall? That's why you wait and see. If he was poor through january would you still be desperate to sign him?

Look all I'm saying is be mindful of the stats as they go. Like I said one penalty in 4 now. Good job others have been scoring which happens to coincide with our revival.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Let us not forget McGoldrick has had a sparkling run of form up until the last 4 games now where he has not scored a goal in open play. (just one from the spot) has his goal scoring prowess hit a wall? That's why you wait and see. If he was poor through january would you still be desperate to sign him?

Look all I'm saying is be mindful of the stats as they go. Like I said one penalty in 4 now. Good job others have been scoring which happens to coincide with our revival.
Must have imagined him scoring against Colchester from open play then :facepalm:

stupot07

Yes of course....first in 3. then nothing today. But you get my point...wait a see.

He also put the lovely through ball to Mcsheffrey for the moussa goal vs Colchester. His meet presence is creating space for others now that teams have come to the conclusion - stop McGoldrick stop Coventry.

D

Deleted member 4232

Aside from goal scoring, he is still one of our best players. He holds the ball well, finds safe passes and always gets himself in good positions.

ccfcway

anyway, McSheffrey is now in inspired form

1 in 1

or 1 in 23, which ever you care to believe

Grendel

Listening to the CWR idiot that is Clive Eakin last night, he tries to make out that the team could do well without signing David McGoldrick.

Considering under Robins Coventry city have only won once when he hasn't scored, that is a totally ridiculous statement. DM has been at the heart of virtually every goal scoring opportunity this season, either scoring, or providing a telling cross to set up an attack.

If ever there was a definition of a one-man band cov right now are it! But then again this is the same Clive eakin who said a certain former manager was doing a good job this season - just before he was sacked!

I guess you don't need to know anything about football to be a football commentator with the beeb - Worse is Stuart Linnell

Your off again.

Today we conceded a last minute goal through poor defending so actually the result is nothing to do with McGoldrick not scoring.

The reason we give away so many leads is simple -- the defenders are not of great quality and fail to concentrate for 90 minutes. They are rarely going to keep clean sheets so even if we score first we are likely to concede.

By the way last season one team got promoted from this division and had a player who scored almost 50% of their goals. I guess they also were a one man team but I doubt they complained too much.

Paxman II

You know this reminds me of what we all see and how we skillfully perceive it?

As I watched old harry on MOTD in the stand next to his old manager. Utd looked dreadful and QPR looked good. They took a lead and knocked it about. The owner stood cheering but Harry just sat there with an expression that said it all...."there's no way it will end like this, lets not get too excited"
Sure enough 3-1. QPR simply brushed aside when UTD woke up. Harry knew it and that's the difference.

Tank Top

Goldies, signing is just as vital as Marlon Kings was, the failure to sign marlon cost us a division, and thousands in lost toicket sales I think most Coventry Fans would agree that Goldie is vital to our success, Clive Eaken, talks out of his Poo Vent.

SkyblueBazza

You know this reminds me of what we all see and how we skillfully perceive it?

As I watched old harry on MOTD in the stand next to his old manager. Utd looked dreadful and QPR looked good. They took a lead and knocked it about. The owner stood cheering but Harry just sat there with an expression that said it all...."there's no way it will end like this, lets not get too excited"
Sure enough 3-1. QPR simply brushed aside when UTD woke up. Harry knew it and that's the difference.

No...you've lost me completely now. What has HR/QPR/Man U/Price of fish got to do with DM signing being essential?

ronan_cov

We would all love it if sisu got there wallet out and signed him but im sure other clubs are looking at him in his fine form and would he rather move?

covcity4life

i would say it is essential to promotion yes

im sure cody can score in this legaue but he wont help the team and inspire confidence like mcg does.

Users who are viewing this thread