Is cost of policing real reason for ticket mess? (1 Viewer)

SonOfSnoz

Only explanation! Northants Police were cheaper, but smaller stadium & less crowd.
Bet it will be solved on friday & tickets will be made avaible everywhere!
I do see the Sisu logic here!

letsallsingtogether

Same price as every other team in the Midlands would have to pay.

Can't see it being a high catogery game to be honest with what 200-300 Gills fans

coop

I think it's more down to they can't get enough stewards and other bodies in to cope with the numbers only my opinion

hutch1972

Football has been a cash cow for police forces over many years.
Out of interest do any other sports or festival organisations etc have to foot such a large portion of police costs.

D

Deleted member 2477

Probably not hutch but the other sports don't attract the arse holes that football does.
im sure there's lots of people on here who would be the first to complain if they got twated and there were no police about.

unfortunately the history of Agro at football and some of the current day idiots mean we have to have a police presence and I for one wouldn't want it any other way

theferret

Probably not hutch but the other sports don't attract the arse holes that football does.
im sure there's lots of people on here who would be the first to complain if they got twated and there were no police about.

unfortunately the history of Agro at football and some of the current day idiots mean we have to have a police presence and I for one wouldn't want it any other way

Most games this season will be police free I suspect, they certainly were during the last season at the Ricoh. Just a very minor police presence outside the ground in most cases.

bigfatronssba

Most games this season will be police free I suspect, they certainly were during the last season at the Ricoh. Just a very minor police presence outside the ground in most cases.

Exactly. Police presence at a football game isn't a legal requirement.

D

Deleted member 2477

Schmee don't be followed football violence is still there and goes on. It's just a lot more organised and happens outside the ground not in it due to CCTV, banning order etc.

im sure there are a few on here who know more than I do to do with fv but having been to several away games in the last few seasons where I've seen it kicking off with both city fans and others it most certainly hasn't gone away.
its also in several parties interests to not publicise what goes on any more

Users who are viewing this thread