Is anyone else scared of losing Robins? (1 Viewer)

CovInEssex

I feel like the whole house burns down if he goes?

Am I being paranoid?

Do I need to stop going the pub straight after work on a Friday?

clint van damme

I think it would be a huge loss.
If we carry on the way we're going though interest from other clubs is inevitable.

Covstu

Last time he left it did not exactly go well did it? He seems the perfect fit for us. Hope he sees it that way after leaving and getting burned elsewhere.
Or maybe Huddersfield was a poor match for him? The guy is quality and with fairly limited resources and a shit load of upheaval

Sick Boy

I’d like to think that after going last time he would stick around. It’s not like he has had such good records elsewhere, it seems we’re a good fit for each other.

If only we’d got him instead of Thorn when we were first interested. The fans got their way though, I guess.

covboy1987

Am I being paranoid?

I wouldn't worry too much as if we lose a few games many of the fans will turn on him as before with comments like 'Time to go robins' - I think the guy has done an incredible job faced with the issues he has around him - I would think he is quite happy at Cov as I wouldent be surprised if he is in the top 3 paid managers in the league (if not the top paid) and probably better paid than half of the championship managers- He also seems to have been given quite a free reign on bringing lots of players through the door and extremely important to him is now playing on a home pitch which is like a dream for him with his brand of football - I would say surprisingly one of the biggest issues with keeping him if we went back to the Ricoh is the pitch

stay_up_skyblues

I think it would have to be a big club/contract to tempt him. For example, not sure he’d jump at a chance at say Preston (no disrespect intended) for another £3,000 -£5,000 a week. But if West Brom, Forest or Derby came in with another £10,000+ he’d be off like a shot. And who would blame him. Unlikely though.

Cue Sunderland poaching him when they inevitably sack Jack Ross (touches the nearest piece of wood).

lord_garrincha

Not at all... Bring back Pressley for 'The Coventry Way 2... This Time, It's Personal'... and we will be in the Champions League in no time!

Reactions: vow

Covstu

I think it would have to be a big club/contract to tempt him. For example, not sure he’d jump at a chance at say Preston (no disrespect intended) for another £3,000 -£5,000 a week. But if West Brom, Forest or Derby came in with another £10,000+ he’d be off like a shot. And who would blame him. Unlikely though.

Cue Sunderland poaching him when they inevitably sack Jack Ross (touches the nearest piece of wood).
I could actually see the latter happening

Covstu

I wouldn't worry too much as if we lose a few games many of the fans will turn on him as before with comments like 'Time to go robins' - I think the guy has done an incredible job faced with the issues he has around him - I would think he is quite happy at Cov as I wouldent be surprised if he is in the top 3 paid managers in the league (if not the top paid) and probably better paid than half of the championship managers- He also seems to have been given quite a free reign on bringing lots of players through the door and extremely important to him is now playing on a home pitch which is like a dream for him with his brand of football - I would say surprisingly one of the biggest issues with keeping him if we went back to the Ricoh is the pitch
Yep the taxi for robins thread will be back up at Christmas time

mark_ccfc

He hasn't said the immortal words "If you cut me it would bleed sky blue" yet. Until I hear them I'm OK.

Samo

Am I being paranoid?

Get a grip, there are loads of good managers out there

cooperskyblue

Robins is the best fit for us and we are ans have been the best fit for him.

He knows and can see the potential and is on the verge of becoming an absolute legend!

Samo

And he'll probably stink the place up! There are certain managers who only seem to succeed at certain clubs. MR has had his explorations and it wasn't great, if he has any sense he'll stick around this time,

SlowerThanPlatt

Get a grip, there are loads of good managers out there

But them good managers who had better reputations than Robins at the time were hardly a roaring success for us. If he was to leave, I think we’d struggle to get a better or equal replacement

Marty

It's a fairly easy job here, If it goes well, you're a hero, if it goes tits up, it's all down to Sisu and the problems we face.

He has his limitations but we're a great match and seem to suit each other well, hes well backed by management and is given the freedom and time to run the club as he see's fit.

I'll be honest, I wanted him gone towards the back end of the league 2 season, I didn't think he would be good enough to progress us long term, I was wrong and year on year we continue to improve.

TTG

I think of he goes as manager he'll still be at the club but as a technical director of something of running and transfer with another manager managing the team (doyler)
Blood is blue without oxygen (cov)
It's red with oxygen (sunderland)

robbiekeane

Or maybe Huddersfield was a poor match for him? The guy is quality and with fairly limited resources and a shit load of upheaval
Where does this stuff come from about having “fairly limited resources”?

We are rumoured go have spent 750k on a striker. When was the last time we spent a higher fee than that on a single player? Genuine question

I’d hazard a guess that we have a top five budget in this league and we did in league two as well.

ccfc1234

Very negative thread. I think he will stay and try and get us up this season. Should that not happen and were looking like we will not progress I could see him going. Until then I don't see it. The man is smart enough to know the grass is not always greener and he could be unemployed if the new club move was not an instant success.

ccfcway

It's a fairly easy job here, If it goes well, you're a hero, if it goes tits up, it's all down to Sisu and the problems we face..

That true ?. I think you will be hard pressed to suggest that slade, thorn, Mowbray et al were without the majorly of fans suggesting they should go

harvey098

When was the last time we had a manager that lasted 3 full seasons? I'm Guessing not since Strachan.

Genuinely is (just checked).. the next longest serving was Chris Coleman (or did it just feel like that) but he only actually did one full season from start to finish.

shmmeee

Absolutely terrified of losing Robins. He’s the perfect man for the job. To the level where I’d rather spend the transfer budget on his wages if it came to it.

Whether he’ll make it in the Championship is a different question because it’s a whole different ballgame, but definitely the man to turn the club around and get us back there.

And when he does I want a statue of him in town, because he’ll have elevated himself to the levels of Hill and Sillett. (Still think he’s already ahead of Sillett)

SlowerThanPlatt

Genuinely is (just checked).. the next longest serving was Chris Coleman (or did it just feel like that) but he only actually did one full season from start to finish.

Fairly sure Coleman was here for two full seasons? He was dismissed after the horrific 4-0 final day defeat against Watford I think

Users who are viewing this thread