Is anyone else more looking forward to the league games? (1 Viewer)

skybluesteve76

I can't get excited about the Spurs game, in my mind it just seems a waste of time.
I am however excited about Saturday and Stevenage and taking 1500+ to MK!
Anyone else struggling to get enthusiastic about Spurs? And more interested in the league?

ccfcway

not about Spurs, but I am about the JPT, I want to see CCFC in the final of something, perhaps even win a trophy...

skybluegod

I'm excited about the league yes. I'm excited about the Jpt yes. I'm excited at what the spurs game could do as if we win/ or play well even get a draw ( pull of an upset) then the fans that just went to the spurs match because its a big team might come to more matches.

ricohman

Its ironic that most fans wanna go to the Spurs game and recieve a tanking, than go to the jpt matches where we actually have a chance of wembley

covcity4life

I'm excited by all bit spurs is also bottom of my wish list so to speak

League and jpt are the ones I look forward too

Im going to Shrewsbury and Preston in first week of Jan, spurs I'll listen on radio

ccfc92

Jpt, league, then spurs. Spurs is just a day out. Never been to WHL, so its something new to me. The league, I hope we do well, but don't expect. Whereas the jpt, I want to go to Wembley and watch cov, so that's what I want the most :)

Tonylinc

I don't understand all the excitement over this tie. They will clearly beat us....I just hope not too badly (which could dent our confidence). Our main priority has to be the league and the JPT.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don't understand all the excitement over this tie. They will clearly beat us....I just hope not too badly (which could dent our confidence). Our main priority has to be the league and the JPT.

... Because it's a big team, at their place and the chance of an upset - if Bradford can beat Arsenal...

I don't think we'll win, maybe a draw, all I hope is that we score first.

Baginton

It wasnt particularly a bad performance V Arsenal. It was just the difference between players on 2k per week, and 50k+ per week :(

Interesting stat from the Bradford v Arsenal game, Bradfords starting XI cost £7,500 pounds, Arsenal's £65 million :facepalm:

I bet Bradford don't have their own burger paper :whistle:

Black6Osprey

I've still got no motivation over either cups but I can't wait for each league game at the moment. I did go to the last JPT game but I havent been to any other cup games and wont go to the JPT final if we make it. By all accounts we would fill our end 10 times over so I don't think I'll be missed.

Paxman II

I remind you it was after our spanking at Arsenal we started to get our league form under control. It was a great experience for the players and a reminder of what could be for them. Since then they look like they want it.

It's a big few weeks for us in the league right now and the first of those we passed with flying colours. If we can continue that form we may be on to something.

Interestingly players are now talking about promotion and believing we are better than most teams in this league. Think about that for a moment? Since the Robin's conditioning and results gathering pace for the first time in ages they are playing with genuine belief and that includes a big turnaround from McSheffrey who seems to be making runs and creating space for McGoldrick at will.

Just hope they continue to believe and not suddenly hit a bad patch. I actually think they will keep moving up steadily as they will win more than they lose and draw. A big useful squad and the winter setting in. We are well positioned to take advantage and my prediction way back that we could still make the playoffs and be in there or abouts come January looks worth a bet from where I'm standing.

Crucially McGoldricks presence is helping the team not just with goals but confident performances. SISU really must try to sign him up. We could still do it without him but something tells me we would be far better off with him?

hill83

Always look forward to the league games more. Far more important. Cup games are a vegetarian meal, whilst league games are a mixed grill.

skyblue19

Must admit was disappointed when the draw was made, but would have been interesting if we could fill the Ricoh had it been at home.

Ashdown1

The Spurs game is all about a day out in London, a new ground for some of the younger fans and some good cash for the club....................I'm a bit concerned the result may damage confidence when we have been believing in ourselves again.

shmmeee

If I was Robins I'd be using the Spurs game to tell the players "lets see how much progress we've made and how far we still have to go". Then if we are tanked its a nice reminder that their recent form means nothing in the long run and a hell of a lot more work is required.

covcity4life

Always look forward to the league games more. Far more important. Cup games are a vegetarian meal, whilst league games are a mixed grill.

are you the sort of fan that would want us to play reserves in C1C/FA Cup if we made it back to prem? or even worse reserves in europa league were we ever fortunate enough to get there.

just asking.

hill83

are you the sort of fan that would want us to play reserves in C1C/FA Cup if we made it back to prem? or even worse reserves in europa league were we ever fortunate enough to get there.

just asking.

No. I just prefer league games.

sky_blue_up_north

JPT number one, great chance of actually winning something, League yes with our current form we could get to the play off. Did not think that was possible even a month ago. Spurs great day, yes we will lose, but it also offers the club some valuable income. I will be going to all the JPT games, all the home league games, and most away. And to top it all I'm going to Spurs, just for a day out in London, we'll lose...

Users who are viewing this thread