Is anyone else feeling the pressure? (1 Viewer)

Cov kid 55

Of watching City twice a week on the TV/ iPad etc? Living near Newcastle in the North East, I would usually get to ten to a dozen games a season, and maybe see a couple on the box. I know I must be a snowflake, but now twice a week, I go through a couple of hours of white knuckled ride, waiting for City to cock up! (think 97th minute at Forest 🤬) Last night, I spent the whole second half waiting for us to do something daft and concede, never been so pleased to hear the final whistle!

I’ve always found it difficult watching on the box, so much better sharing the pain, or the rush, with like minded fans, rather than with my dear wife and dog, who are both behind the settee, waiting for me to explode and throw the laptop through the TV screen. Is there anyone else suffering like me? Oh, and by the way, I’ve missed one game this season - Rotherham at home.... 🙁😂

Last edited:

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I know what you mean block16, I've always thought being at the game gives you a much clearer overall view of the game and how result will end up and less stressful. Yes a pint or two can help too . I've not seen any of this season games and followed on internet only, this is even more stressful , especially when some people use code words in wrong context. Lets try and be clear on etiquette for this forum, 'FFS' means goal conceded and 'Get In' means goal scored ( I think adding the F word in for a goal scored should be avoided but totally understandable!!)

Its also seems a given that Shipley looks tired and the ref is terrible. Can we just be told about this it when not true, Shipley looking fresh, ref is wonderful/fair etc Maybe the same applies for subs, just let everyone know if we should keep the same players on.

Talking about non substitutes, incidentally the worst ever piece of management I saw was when Strachan refused to make a substituation when Magnus Hedman was injured back in 98/99 v Middlesboro even with crowd chanting to take him off, said a lot about Strachen that day.

Last edited:

superskyblue

I've been watching majority of games on iFollow via VPN since League 2 so I'm quite used to it. I absolutely love it. I've never lived close to Coventry so often haven't been able to get to all games. Have had a season ticket a few seasons on and off when I've lived closer but to be able to watch every game home and away has given me more affinity to the squads we've had than ever before. Nothing can replace going to the games for me, but I really hope that if fans are allowed back in normal numbers there is still an iFollow option. I would pay more than £10 a game for the privilege too.

LincolnNick

Yes I agree it is very stressful watching on the ifollow. I have even taken my Fitbit off during the games as it was registering very high heart rates !
I now live a 2 hr drive from Coventry and get to about 12 games a season after I moved from Cov and stopped renewing my season ticket. It is so great to be able to see the games live and in a small way I can contribute to the Clubs finances. There is nothing like watching my team live but on the laptop at least you are not hanging on the live texts preying we don’t concede a late goal.
I never understand why, I believe, you can not listen to live CWR commentary on the internet In the uk. If this was available I would actually pay for this as I can’t get CWR here.
As an aside I find Oggies commentary and insights excellent and the fact you can see the game and have your own view adds to the experience.

kg82

I know what you mean. Used to go to games all the time, but I live abroad now, so I’m watching on ifollow. Literally always nervous watching on ifollow, and think I’ve only missed half a game so far (decent, considering a lot of them have been at 3:45am), so I’ve been nervous a lot! Never felt like that at games.

Gibbo

This is the sort of reason why I have no desire to be back in the Prem. I got fed up after decades of every game being just 'Anxiety Central', and I have quite enjoyed giving the likes of Tranmere Rovers a bit of a tonking away from home. But obviously you either go up or down.... This season is fun because it is first time back. If we are doing this still in 5 seasons time, I am not so sure.

What has always encouraged me in the Robins era is that usually there is a clear sense of direction, things being done for a purpose. I havn't felt that since heaven knows when. And knowing that makes the anxiety a bit easier to bear. There is a player aquisition strategy; the team changes do make sense (usually); he does not chop and change; He is quite good at making a silk purse out of a sow's ear - because he has no money; I sense he has learned from his past errors in management and we have benefited from that. Robins teams' are pragmatic and not pretty - but get results. This is Neil Warnock/Tony Pulis territory. That is fine by me.

All those who endlessly call for a real attacking strategy are a) going to be perennially disappointed as it is not the Robins way b) urging a suicidal strategy upon us. You know who you are!! Survival is a load of goalless draws and nicking the odd 1-0 win. It will likely remain that way unless the ownership position changes.

DannyThomas_1981

The stress of watching on I-Follow pales in comparison to the stress of hearing only the radio commentary......

Clive goes absolutely mental whenever the oppo crosses the half way line and given the tone of his voice I always assumed that the oppo was clean through and a goal was inevitable.....

Now that was really stressful pre the I-Follow days; still a little stressful even as I'm watching on I-Follow with Clive screaming in pain as the oppo plays a couple of sideways passes on half way.....

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The stress of watching on I-Follow pales in comparison to the stress of hearing only the radio commentary......

Clive goes absolutely mental whenever the oppo crosses the half way line and given the tone of his voice I always assumed that the oppo was clean through and a goal was inevitable.....

Now that was really stressful pre the I-Follow days; still a little stressful even as I'm watching on I-Follow with Clive screaming in pain as the oppo plays a couple of sideways passes on half way.....
I remember that.... used to fear corners. I also hated the last ditch opposition defender tackles when CCFC ventured towards goals

once during a game I put the radio commentary on whilst watching and discovered that the last ditch tackle wasn’t that - Clive was getting excited that we had passed the half Way line but forgot to mention the entire opposition back four was still there to be beaten

kg82

You know what, I think that’s what it is for me! Clive stresses me out! But at least when I’m listening to him I get to mumble to myself “that’s not Walker, it’s O’Hare”

Mucca Mad Boys

Personally, I love it.

I play rugby most Saturdays in the non-COVID world so having my Saturdays to watch football is great.

I wonder how many home games I’ll actually get to see with my season ticket this season!

shmmeee

You know what, I think that’s what it is for me! Clive stresses me out! But at least when I’m listening to him I get to mumble to myself “that’s not Walker, it’s O’Hare”

Oggy started it last night with Hamer and O’Hare. I hope Clive isn’t contagious!

Speedies_Chips

Yes I agree it is very stressful watching on the ifollow. I have even taken my Fitbit off during the games as it was registering very high heart rates !
I now live a 2 hr drive from Coventry and get to about 12 games a season after I moved from Cov and stopped renewing my season ticket. It is so great to be able to see the games live and in a small way I can contribute to the Clubs finances. There is nothing like watching my team live but on the laptop at least you are not hanging on the live texts preying we don’t concede a late goal.
I never understand why, I believe, you can not listen to live CWR commentary on the internet In the uk. If this was available I would actually pay for this as I can’t get CWR here.
As an aside I find Oggies commentary and insights excellent and the fact you can see the game and have your own view adds to the experience.
Funny you should say that about your heart rate. Mine goes through the roof when I’m watching City on IFollow. It’s ridiculous as I don’t get like that when I’m at the games. I don’t even watch the last 5 minutes and just go into the kitchen to kill the time then come back and check the score. Bonkers really as it’s only a game!

hill83

The precise reason I stopped listening on the radio about 15 years ago.

Jamesimus

Of watching City twice a week on the TV/ iPad etc? Living near Newcastle in the North East, I would usually get to ten to a dozen games a season, and maybe see a couple on the box. I know I must be a snowflake, but now twice a week, I go through a couple of hours of white knuckled ride, waiting for City to cock up! (think 97th minute at Forest 🤬) Last night, I spent the whole second half waiting for us to do something daft and concede, never been so pleased to hear the final whistle!

I’ve always found it difficult watching on the box, so much better sharing the pain, or the rush, with like minded fans, rather than with my dear wife and dog, who are both behind the settee, waiting for me to explode and throw the laptop through the TV screen. Is there anyone else suffering like me? Oh, and by the way, I’ve missed one game this season - Rotherham at home.... 🙁😂

Newcastle upon Tyne here too mate. Had to watch most of the League One season on ifollow 😢

I don't drink often but if it's our commentary with Clive, I make sure I select an appropriately high-strength beer so I don't launch the iPad across the room.

robbiethemole

Just had a quick scan around the fans forums and it seems we are not alone!! surprise,surprise.

Weds, Luton, Rovrum and Trees are all despondent after a quarter of the season has gone, I'm quietly confident that we'll improve further and get away from the drop zone. Who would have thought we'd be 6 unbeaten before Christmas after the start we had??

Now all our rivals down here have to play them so it evens out, but the top teams are firing every game so harder to get points from.
We just need to get on with it and I hope to feck MR never looks at this board with all the doom and gloom merchants on here. PUSB

Terry Gibson's perm

I enjoy being able to see the away games on iFollow and hope they will keep showing them as away aren’t going to be allowed for a long time it seems.

I have two damaged discs in my back but forgot that when Gus Hamer scored at Derby and jumpers out of my chair but did regret it later.

Johnnythespider

Clive is a lot less stressful to listen to when you can see what he's getting over excited about, i started the season stressed but this unbeaten run has calmed me down.

Liquid Gold

I've been a season ticket holder for a decent number of years now but living away and having ifollow is a blessing. I feel like my season ticket is my annual subscription to the club that means I can go to games but ifollow means if I have to work late or my car is fucked or I'm skint I can still see the game. Love it.

Hertsccfc

Or that's not Shrewsbury Town it's Luton!

tokyojim

I know exactly what cov kid means. The Rotherham match is the only one I've been able to watch all the way through, and all the losses early on were tough going. A bit less stressful since they tightened up but the opposition hasn't been of the same level. Also, they look flat every Tuesday. We don't have the squad for a two-day gap between matches.

I have no idea why it says I'm a new member.

Covstu

I hate it but it’s better than the radio. i was really enjoying the Friday night games when we could go to the pub and order pint after pint on the app!

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread