Ironies (1 Viewer)

CCFC88

Big Sam to the rescue maybe?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Im amazed that Villa haven't pulled the trigger and got Sam in. Even at this point he'd give them the extra 20% required to get them safe

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Peps a gonner, didn't wait till the end of the season after all

I wonder who they’ll get?

Birmingham have had 7 managers in 3 and half years so the only manger who would be interested in that job is sum one who is out of work and are desperate for a job.

Magwitch

Think Birmingham have a bit of a basket case owner, I’m sure he made it so his office overlooked the training area.

Tommo1993

Same as us. Flirt with relegation for so long, it catches you sooner or later. Won’t get away with it forever.

better days

This fit and proper person situation needs to be seriously looked at by the EFL.
Football finances are so crazy probably a third of clubs are owned by people who are dodgy in some way
Look at Wigan
The owner ran them quite well for a while after buying out Dave Whelan
Then sold it to another company he controlled and it went bust in 4 weeks
How can any fit and proper rules prevent that?

Legia Sky Blue

This fit and proper person situation needs to be seriously looked at by the EFL.

While accepting the EFL are a flawed organisation, I do have some sympathy with them dealing with the 'fit and proper' ownership conundrum. I imagine a lot of financial documentation has to be taken at face value, particularly from abroad, with much of the information nigh on impossible to verify. They also have to tread very carefully, as I imagine labelling someone as not 'fit and proper' without cast iron evidence could end up in costly legal action. It is also the case that at most clubs, supporters are in favour of take overs and would be up in arms if they were denied by the governing body. The criticism of the EFL tends to come retrospectively when things eventually go wrong.

In terms of Wigan particularly, while I sympathise to a degree with their fans I don't see why they should not be docked a points penalty like others (including ourselves) have faced previously. By definition the fact they have gone into Administration means they have spent more than they can afford, gaining them an unfair competitive edge on their rivals. Would they have been a Championship club without that? Since Leicester pulled a fast one, everyone now knows there will be points penalty's for doing this, and for consistency purposes this needs to apply to Wigan like everyone else. At the end of the process Wigan fans will still have their club to support, but maybe at a more realistic level, with players paid more akin to their means.

Users who are viewing this thread