Match Thread Ipswich Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 2nd Dec (4 Viewers)

shepardo01

So.
How bad was that?....
Stats even.
Worldie second goal just before HT for 2-0.
Godden misses pen...

Would a draw have been an accurate reflection of the game.... Or not.....

Genuine question..... (Wasn't at game)

napolimp

2-1 Makes it sound better than it was. We were gash, and you know you're in trouble when you end up with a central midfield of a left back and a Centreback.

We were well beaten today, should have been 3-0 at half time.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

No secret we need an extra holding midfielder.

SkyblueTexan

If only Godden scored that pen!!
Missed vs Watford and again now. Taken him off penalty kick duty and strip his arm band off. Play Wright and Siimms together.

BlueSkiesForever

If I was a betting man, which I am unfortunately (bastard Bet365), then I’d be going for both teams to score and Ipswich to score from outside the box, not sure which way the result will go but I’d be amazed if Ipswich don’t score at least 1 goal. They take on a lot of long-range shots and are good at it, something our defence hasn’t faced yet. A lot of the opposition we’ve faced has been poor at long-range shooting so it’ll be an interesting game for sure. Just hope we can take our chances this game, I personally think we’ll need to be scoring at least 2-3 goals to win this.

The one positive is my bet builder finally came in! 😂

Skyblue_CP

Shame we didn’t get goal back to set up exciting finale but this isn’t the game we needed/expected to win. Brum on Friday far more important for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Says it all when you have spent 20 odd million in the summer, I don’t think Doug would have been looking at Ipswich as a not needed/expected to win.

SeaSeeEffCee

I remember when people rated DaCosta because he looked good for 45 minutes away at Forest when we were already losing.

Looking ‘ok’ after already going to 2-0 down is hardly something to write home about.

Chris1987

With five minutes left, I’ll be the first to say - it’s absolutely justified to be angry and annoyed at that first half and questions have to be (but won’t) be asked of MR i.e. why did you temporarily lose the plot.

But, there’s absolutely no need for any bed wetting nonsense again.

We aren’t going down - nowhere near. And I still expect a strong second half of the season with a few necessary additions in Jan and MR not losing the plot again.
What's the excuse for an experienced manager losing the plot?

Sky Blue Pete

2-1 Makes it sound better than it was. We were gash, and you know you're in trouble when you end up with a central midfield of a left back and a Centreback.

No point on here tonight
You’re so negative and pessimistic and yet you whinge at robins for being negative and pessimistic

CV22SBA

After the first 20 mins we were by far the better team. The issue is we can’t fucking shoot on target. 15 shots and hit the target once.

Johnnythespider

This is excruciating.
People will focus on the starting formation and personnel, and rightly so, but our passing has been abject, both halves, pre and post substitutions, its been awful.
I think it's a lack of belief Clint, I know where I think the responsibility for that lies, what's Graham Potter up to these days.

napolimp

Ipswich pretty much level on points with Leicester, and no one really complained when we lost 2-1 there. Did we actually play that bad, or is it a case of wrong tactics (easy fix)?

Grendel

No point on here tonight
You’re so negative and pessimistic and yet you whinge at robins for being negative and pessimistic

Oggy said the score line hugely flattered us

Skyblue_CP

I've a feeling Brighton have had a whisper about Ayaris playing time
Doesn’t and shouldn’t happen, we don’t owe them anything, if they did say anything about his playing time then I hope our answer back was f*ck off or have him back.

ptr

Godden 20% pass completion

Couldn’t pass wind never mind a football.

Another opposition defence that have gone in laughing because they got to mark him and not our two expensive and powerful forwards.

Users who are viewing this thread