Match Thread Ipswich Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 2nd Dec (4 Viewers)

MaySixth

Couldn't believe that line-up you put out lads but we still had to win.
I think you must have had an off day because we were all expecting way better.
Good luck for the rest of the season and look forward to going to Cov again later this season.

Matt smith

Good luck for the rest of the season and look forward to going to Cov again later this season.
We didn’t have an off day mate we’re just not very good

re the line up neither could we

fair play to you lot having a superb season

Chris1987

Sums it up perfectly. We couldn't believe the team put out today. Bet you were delighted Sakamoto didn't start. Good luck for your season. You're a good watch

Rugby Sky Blue

I expected Ipswich to outclass us today, and they did—no big shock. Onwards to Birmingham now. It is a bit of shame that the game was virtually over in the first half. I Don't think Ipswich took the foot off the gas. They just tried to manage the play differently.

Calista

Collins is a step up on Wilson , not sure he could do a lot with either goal today
He stayed back and left way too much of the net (both sides of him) to shoot at for the first. At least make it as difficult as possible for the striker.

alexccfc99

Ayari isn’t working and probably won’t - this loan has probably come a couple years too soon for him

Silly as it sounds it wouldn’t shock me if he went elsewhere and was shit hot

alexccfc99

Anyway, didn’t expect much today and we should have nicked something, much better second half

revert to 4-3-3 on Friday and we will do the Brummies

Brighton Sky Blue

Make sure you seal the deal or it’ll be you next season.

MaySixth

Make sure you seal the deal or it’ll be you next season.
Play-offs a huge bonus for us this season and tbh I am expecting us to fall away.
The one thing we don't have like Leeds, Leicester and Southampton is the massive expectation.
Plus a brilliant manager.
Anyway, good luck - great numbers from your mob today

Brighton Sky Blue

Play-offs a huge bonus for us this season and tbh I am expecting us to fall away.
The one thing we don't have like Leeds, Leicester and Southampton is the massive expectation.
Plus a brilliant manager.
Anyway, good luck - great numbers from your mob today
That manager and squad will not stay intact unless promoted. Pity that Hamer timed his big money move to a doomed club when he did really.

Sick Boy

Wilson
Latabadieure McFadzean Binks Bidwell
Sheaf Eccles
Sakamoto Allen Wright
Simms

Honestly think McFadzean will be fine in a back 4 and do think we need his leadership. Sheaf clearly struggled being captain today. I think Binks is better than Kitching and for me MVE has been disappointing so far given the hype he came with. Collins was at fault for the first goal as well as Kitching as he was out of position and Wilson was harshly dropped imho.
Thomas i think is coming on though and will be the Fadz successor.
Unless Collins is injured I doubt Wilson will play again this season.

skyblue_55

Ipswich were far superior to the Skyblues today . Quick mentally & physically, with an appetite to win the game , that made us look stupid & naïve throughout.
Poor selections & the same old rhetoric coming from Robins .
December & it must be time to ask serious questions regarding recruitment, coaching/systems of play , as we are a shadow of a team …… if you can call us that !

wingy

I reckon this was holiday fixture ahead of a run.

Hincha

As soon as you saw the line up you knew that we were going to lose.

Robins treated this game like a free hit. Did the same at Norwich away last year when he dropped Gyok for Walker (among other changes)

Wants to keep it tight and bring on starters on at 60 to try and win. Problem is we are usually 2 down by half time.

Nuskyblue

Oggy said the score line hugely flattered us
Not wrong.

We were no where near it, did OK for the first 2 minutes with a nice passing move that was based up by a poor pass that was 5-10 yards behind whoever it was meant for.

Comical defending for their first, more comical defending for what should have been their 2nd. If that goes in we'd have been hit for 5, we were all over the shop.

We could barely get out of our half as they harried us from our goal kicks time after time and almost caught us dithering. We were so indecisive on the ball, taking 3 or 4 touches when 1 or 2 would have been better, shying away from simple forward balls to play it back. Some of the passing was abysmal, basic passes going astray, we looked like rabbits in the headlights.

Fair play for their second, Chaplins vision to find their left back with that (was it first time) cross field ball was exceptional which had us stretched but the lack of defending to allow that lad to walk into the box was laughable. Fuck me that was some finish tho.

Ipswich are a good team, well drilled. No fucking about, they worked the ball well and got forward at pace when they had the chance. They were the best I've seen this season I think.

Users who are viewing this thread