Ipswich prices... (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

...are very expensive. This got me thinking, are English football fans in general too soft? I mean, I would love for us to unveil a banner protesting Ipswich's outrageous prices. I've seen on Facebook that a German team (might have been Union Berlin) had 8000 fans boycotting all because of their game was moved to Monday for TV. The fans over their seem a lot more 'unionised' if you will. Whereas, here in England we just seem to take it.

SAJ

We get ripped of completely in this country. You can get a season ticket at Bayern Munich from £140.

The Great Eastern

Went to an Ipswich away game, midweek, over 10 years ago in the Championship. Prices then were over £30 each for away fans. Possibly £32 which was an almighty kick in the bollocks. No idea why Pisswich think they can get away with outrageous prices for this division. Is there any other L1 club charging this sort of amount ?

Kingokings204

It’s a tough one because yes it’s expensive on the one hand but if lots of fans go and sell out our end then they are justified in that decision for me. If only 100 fans turn up then they will lower prices.
It’s a simply supply and demand equation here.
It’s the same process as when teams get through in Europe and all the flights go up in prices double or treble well yeah because the demand has increased.
I am not trying to justify it as I personally think 30-32 is very steep but if fans want to go then they will pay 23 or 29 or 31 quid in my opinion.

Sky Blue Harry H

Although less than Ipswich, I think the Bristol Rovers prices were the biggest rip-off. £26 for seating to sit under a gazebo and portaloo toilets, or £24 for standing, with no roof and no terracing, just a level lump of concrete where you can't see much and portaloos.

upload_2020-2-25_13-6-37.jpeg Worth it for the portaloos - stylish, and when I pressed the flush button it took me back to 1987 - had a great time!

W

westcountry_skyblue

Although less than Ipswich, I think the Bristol Rovers prices were the biggest rip-off. £26 for seating to sit under a gazebo and portaloo toilets, or £24 for standing, with no roof and no terracing, just a level lump of concrete where you can't see much and portaloos.
Yes Rovers is a disgrace I’ve been to better non league grounds 40 years ago!!!

rob9872

I think it should all be fixed pricing then there's no hassle. £13 at Leamington is ridiculous.

Imo max charges for standard (non-hospitality/corporate) should be £10 for non league, £15 for L2, £20 for L1, £25 for Championship and £30 for Premiership. Affordable for all, but also fair for clubs and their budgets/levels they're at.

Nick

Administrator
It's pointless comparing to the Premier League sometimes. Ticket money for a League 1 team is much more vital to them then it is to a PL team.

Look at Bournemouth!

JWC

...are very expensive. This got me thinking, are English football fans in general too soft? I mean, I would love for us to unveil a banner protesting Ipswich's outrageous prices. I've seen on Facebook that a German team (might have been Union Berlin) had 8000 fans boycotting all because of their game was moved to Monday for TV. The fans over their seem a lot more 'unionised' if you will. Whereas, here in England we just seem to take it.
It was Eintracht Frankfurt for their Monday night game against Union Berlin. I read that Monday night games won't be happening now in Germany, not sure if that's true or not though.

German fans seem pretty good at getting their point across with boycotts and protests. I'm reading a book about FC St Pauli at the moment who have loads of successful examples of fans making their voices heard. Interesting read.

Users who are viewing this thread