Ipswich or Ipswich? (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

If you had to choose between:
a) Win the cup game and lose the league game (3rd round payday?)
b) Lose the cup and win the league game (Onward and Upward)
c) Two draws (Keep the cup dream alive and a credible point against one of the favorites)

Which and why?

Joe

League for me although the prospect of a 3rd round payday against a prem club is exciting, the league has to be the priority for me.

hill83

Anyone who says Cup needs their head testing. I'll never understand how this can even be a question unless the league was already decided.

Liquid Gold

Would normally always go league but a big 3rd round away day could give us soon room to improve in January and end up making a bigger difference come May.

block16

Would take a 7-0 defeat in the cup if it meant a 1-0 league win. However we should and will be aiming to win both games as they’re at home. The FA Cup 3rd round would be fun but anyone prioritising that is crazy

CanadianCCFC

If you had to choose between:
a) Win the cup game and lose the league game (3rd round payday?)
b) Lose the cup and win the league game (Onward and Upward)
c) Two draws (Keep the cup dream alive and a credible point against one of the favorites)

Which and why?
Yes

Magwitch

Both, get Man United away in the third round, out of the million quid gate money Sepalla might lets us have £100k.

fatso

Kick lumps out of them in the cup, giving them major injury problems.
Then beat them in the league.

Sky Blue Harry H

Kick lumps out of them in the cup, giving them major injury problems.
Then beat them in the league.

They might do that to us if they play their second string on Sunday and we play more regulars. Hopefully Wycombe will nail a few of their players tonight (hopes the partisan side of me!)

Gint11

This question is a non event. League all day. Points or a chance to scream at the tele?!?

M&B Stand

This question is a non event. League all day. Points or a chance to scream at the tele?!?

these type of questions are odd, like the winning both isn’t an option.
Like when arsenal fans or whoever get asked finish 4th or win the FA cup as if they’re mutually exclusive

Colesy55

They might do that to us if they play their second string on Sunday and we play more regulars. Hopefully Wycombe will nail a few of their players tonight (hopes the partisan side of me!)
Mass changes for Ipswich I would imagine for the cup game a match we should really expect to win!!

Tommo1993

Think we’ll lose both anyway.

giphy.gif

Reactions: vow

hill83

Unless you knew it was Liverpool or Man City in the 3rd Round

Even then. How would an absolute pasting help us?
And I wouldn’t be in a rush to go. Genuinely wouldn’t care.

Unless I could manufacture some sort of all dayer out of it.

Otis

Even then. How would an absolute pasting help us?
And I wouldn’t be in a rush to go. Genuinely wouldn’t care.

Unless I could manufacture some sort of all dayer out of it.
Yup. Much prefer a winnable game against slightly less illustrious opposition, than the half and half scarf big boy games.

Ricketts

Anyone who says Cup needs their head testing. I'll never understand how this can even be a question unless the league was already decided.

Except, get drawn away to Tottenham, I would enjoy that. Another ground off the list.

The cup match is first, so saying league you are giving them a "free defeat"

Sky Blue Harry H

Just read that James Norwood (Ipswich) got booked for protesting a disallowed goal against Wycombe and so misses the league game against us a week on Saturday (also means they are more likely to start him in the FA Cup game). Sooner it was that way round if I'm honest.

covboy1987

Depends on the circumstances - I would rather go as far as we can in the cup in our current situation with some trips to the bigger names - getting promotion is obviously a target but in our circumstances is unrealistic with no ground and unsure of what type of budget we would have for the championship - I certainly would not like to be beaten 5-0 every week as there is a big jump from League 1 to Championship as Luton and Barnsley are finding out

Cov kid 55

I understand what you’re saying, but that viewpoint from fans and football managers is helping drive the drip drip reduction in status of the FA Cup. A great shame.

Users who are viewing this thread