Match Thread Ipswich Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Otis

Simms and Wright weren’t fatigued against Hull so they should have started that game - it’s nonsense
And you know that how?

Didn't know you had inside knowledge at the club. 🤔

Otis

It's crazy isn't it? None of us are saying anything other than we shouldn't play players who aren't fit to play. I have never thought this could be a controversial opinion.
Seemingly is and you watch the shit hit the fan on here if the team looks weak tonight.

All this talk of medical knowledge is nonsense. We are going off what Robins has said and now Saddlebrains has confirmed it.

Yet you have posters on here saying certain players are NOT fatigued.

How the hell would any of us know that?

It's nuts.🤷

JSL

Anyone know if Binks is fit enough for tonight? I feel for him as he's been patient for most of the season for his chance and when it comes he gets injured. I was hoping he would do well in the last few games on loan for us. I like his style of play from when he has played

Hertsccfc

Exactly.

Very disrespectful to declare someone is not fatigued when you have zero facts to back that up

It's all guesswork. I leave the facts to the management team
But we don't trust experts these day do we? Surely some guy on here who has no involvement with the players on a day to day basis knows much more than qualified medical professionals who work with them every day.

torchomatic

Obviously, I want us to win tonight, but hope we don't risk players who are carrying injuries. Can't see us winning this, but hope we at least put on a performance.

Ipswich are an excellent team and they have done fantastically well this year. Hope they go up behind Leicester. I want Leeds out of the way for next season too, so hopefully they'll triumph in the playoffs.

torchomatic

Otis

Obviously, I want us to win tonight, but hope we don't risk players who are carrying injuries. Can't see us winning this, but hope we at least put on a performance.

Ipswich are an excellent team and they have done fantastically well this year. Hope they go up behind Leicester. I want Leeds out of the way for next season too, so hopefully they'll triumph in the playoffs.
Totally agree, Torch. And pretty much no-one is saying play the kids tonight. The overwhelming, sensible thinking is we might have to.

Basically through having no other choice.

For some reason and I don't quite know what that reason is, some posters are completely ignoring what Saddlebrains has said.

I am not saying it IS true, but if it is, it would be madness to risk some players tonight.

"The fatigue in the squad is horrendous"

You play seriously fatigued players, you are risking them to further injury.

Saddlebrains isn't always right, but it backs up what Robins has said and it's a weird thing to come out with, the player data, isn't it. Which leads me to believe he is telling the truth.

Screenshot_2024-04-30-14-34-01-09_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Otis

Guessing Bell, Lusala, Dausch, Andrews likely to be on the bench at the very least again.

Academy line up this afternoon:

View attachment 35425

Yeah, you could be right. Thought Stretton might have found his way on to the bench tonight, simply based on him being part of the first team squad on occasion.

skybluegod

We will get tonked tonight. Not just injuries but the fatigue in general in the squad is horrendous

The numbers being shown at both games and training from the player data is showing that and of the few who arent injured they could easily join that list

We could do with the season already being over tbh

If I was Robins I'd be throwing some kids at this. Wouldn't be fair to throw too many at it. But the likes of Lusala and Andrew's if we want to protect maybe Wright and Milan. Maybe even Godden for Simms. I want to win games, but I also want to have the players in fit for pre season so we don't start behind the curve again. Sunderland fan at work always goes on about how shit we start seasons and if we started better we'd be pushing for automatics, and he isn't wrong.

Otis

If I was Robins I'd be throwing some kids at this. Wouldn't be fair to throw too many at it. But the likes of Lusala and Andrew's if we want to protect maybe Wright and Milan. Maybe even Godden for Simms. I want to win games, but I also want to have the players in fit for pre season so we don't start behind the curve again. Sunderland fan at work always goes on about how shit we start seasons and if we started better we'd be pushing for automatics, and he isn't wrong.
I reckon Godden and Kelly WILL play.

Hoping Torp will be fit and hoping either Sheaf or Eccles aren't too fatigued. 🤞

torchomatic

I'd be happy with a battling draw tonight. Even if Ipswich do score a few I can always see Simms and Wright getting goals, so it might be a high scoring affair tonight. Just hopefully not too one-sided for the away team!

Hertsccfc

Unless we are forced to I would only play young players who we think have a chance of making it, and even then preferably from the bench. Reality is though, unless Grendel pronounces them fit, we may have many senior players missing.

robbiethemole

Let’s get behind Godden and Kelly and give them the send off they deserve
Also my last game of the season....................off to Mauritius on Thursday night, I love my holibobs, me!!

Keep in touch in the summer, but ffs , lets not have so much doom and gloom

hamertime

Everything's relative - and it is live on SKY, so hardly a surprise. We'll still hit a 25k average attendance for the season, which is phenomenal.
That is all great I agree, but it feels like the same old story with cov fans not turning up when the team now have nothing to give us. 36k manged to turn up at Wembley where will that missing 16k be tonight.

Grendel

Exactly.

Very disrespectful to declare someone is not fatigued when you have zero facts to back that up

It's all guesswork. I leave the facts to the management team

So they needed a rest for the first 45 minutes but recovered for the second half

makes sense

Grendel

It’s a good job we lost the semi final I guess

Otis

95% of players are carrying a knock all season. We may be fatigued yes, unavailable due to injury… no.
95% of players are carrying a knock? You know this how? You talking nationally in general?

I am glad.you are not the manager either.

So you admit players may be carrying an injury and are fatigued, but you would risk playing them tonight in a game that has no consequence to us in terms of promotion or playoffs and risk them getting injured further, possibly badly and leaving them out of action for months?

Okay.

Anyone who knows anything about football will tell you if you play while you are injured and also are exhausted or fatigued, you risk worsening the injury. Common sense will tell you that.

If a player is fatigued and carrying an injury, it would be quite sensible to leave them out of the team. I think most rational people would agree with that

If it was a playoff game, then I am sure the players themselves would be willing to take that risk, but this isn't .

Whatever team Robins puts out tonight, will I am sure be because that's all he's got to work with..

Major Tom

Ipswich looked good at the weekend and not expecting anything different tonight, so any result bar a loss will be an achievement.
Are they any better that us on paper is debatable but its one hell of a feat they have pulled off this season and fair play to them if they get promoted.
Plus it will mess up Leeds or Southampton's bounce straight back to the Prem' ambitions

skyblueelephant76

Ipswich looked good at the weekend and not expecting anything different tonight, so any result bar a loss will be an achievement.
Are they any better that us on paper is debatable but its one hell of a feat that have pulled off this season and fair play to them if they get promoted.
Plus it will mess up Leeds or Southampton's bounce straight back to the Prem' ambitions
They've just come off the back of a two week break, our cup run has been a big benefit for them

Otis

So they needed a rest for the first 45 minutes but recovered for the second half

makes sense
No. This has been explained by many posters. Robins obviously thought it best to try and win the game without certain players, hoping they wouldn't have to come on unless really needed to.

Made perfect sense to me. He knew they couldn't last the full game and believed he had enough in the team to get a result. He would only bring the players on the bench on if it was going wrong.

We were responsible for all 3 Hull goals after all weren't we. Gifted.

Users who are viewing this thread