Match Thread Ipswich Match Thread (5 Viewers)

Otis

Because I want our team to win , because it protects the integrity of the game , because people are paying their money to watch ?

Strongest available team
So glad you aren't our manager, Evo. 😂

Medical team: I wouldn't play these three, boss, they are already carrying injuries and are exhausted and are at real risk of serious injury if they play.

Robins: F*ck em. They're playing.

I know you say strongest team, but if players are carrying knocks and only operating at 70% fitness, they are no longer playing to their full potential and therefore do not in any way contribute to a strong lineup

We have to look at who's fit. I really don't think we should be playing anyone carrying an injury unless absolutely essential. Latibeaudiere is one case in point there, because if looks like he is playing with an injury and having injections.

We are so short at the back it makes sense. Doesn't make any sense at all if we were to play Simms and Wright if they were carrying injuries or were totally fatigued.

If we have to play Godden, we have to play Godden. Simple as that.

If players get bad injuries tonight, that could leave them sidelined for months, that could be so counter productive, especially in a game that is pretty meaningless to us.

Evo1883

Medical team: I wouldn't play these three, boss, they are already carrying injuries and are exhausted and are at real risk of serious injury if they play.

I know you say strongest team, but if players are carrying knocks and only operating at 70% fitness, they are no longer playing to their full potential and therefore do not in any way contribute to a strong lineup

We have to look at who's fit. I really don't think we should be playing anyone carrying an injury unless absolutely essential. Latibeaudiere is one case in point there, because if looks like he is playing with an injury and having injections.

We are so short at the back it makes sense. Doesn't make any sense at all if we were to play Simms and Wright if they were carrying injuries or were totally fatigued.

If players get bad injuries tonight, that could leave them sidelined for months, that could be so counter productive, especially in a game that is pretty meaningless to us.
Play strongest team available is all I've said

Otis

Play strongest team available is all I've said
Yes, but we won't know what that is tonight will we.

We will invariably get the Robins doesn't know what he's doing and has lost the plot, when the team is announced (not saying you necessarily)

If Saddlebrains is right, we are going to struggle to even put a half decent team out tonight.

I think if anyone is playing at a much reduced capacity, they shouldn't play tonight unless it is absolutely necessary and there is no other option.

I am guessing that Kelly and Godden will be in. Maybe a couple of kids. But all out of necessity

Last edited:

shmmeee

Because I want our team to win , because it protects the integrity of the game , because people are paying their money to watch ?

Strongest available team

And if our strongest available team has Godden and Andrew’s and Dausch playing? Will you accept that’s our strongest team or will you complain we aren’t giving it a go?

We aren’t resting players for lols. They’re fucked and likely to get injured if we overplay them. Where’s the integrity of the league in starting next season without Wright for example because we prioritised a dead rubber in April?

Evo1883

And if our strongest available team has Godden and Andrew’s and Dausch playing? Will you accept that’s our strongest team or will you complain we aren’t giving it a go?

We aren’t resting players for lols. They’re fucked and likely to get injured if we overplay them. Where’s the integrity of the league in starting next season without Wright for example because we prioritised a dead rubber in April?
We play our best team available, full stop

Our fans need to stop talking like they are part of our fucking medical team Jesus christ it's weird

Evo1883

Yes, but we won't know what that is tonight will we.

We will invariably get the Robins doesn't know what he's doing and has lost the plot, when the team is announced (so saying you necessarily)

If Saddlebrains is right, we are going to struggle to even put a half decent team out tonight.

I think if anyone is playing at a much reduced capacity, they shouldn't play tonight unless it is absolutely necessary and there is no other option.

I am guessing that Kelly and Godden will be in. Maybe a couple of kids. But all out of necessity

Sure

Hertsccfc

That apostrophe in Andrews again!

SkyBlueSoul

Couldn't really be arsed driving down tonight but I know how much I'll miss it over the summer so soaking it in while I still can. As much as the play-offs would have been great, it's nice to go with no expectations now.

3-1 loss and some much needed midweek catharsis from yelling obscenities at professional athletes.

shmmeee

I'm literally at Ryton arguing with the boss now ..

I think we need to get real with regatds to the fitness of these footballers

No manager ever has rested a player ever when the player could play - shmeeee 2024

“Could” is a wide word. Bert Trautmann could keep playing with a broken neck, he probably shouldn’t though. I’d stick O’Hare out there cos fuck him, even if he’s knackered, but is he going to then produce more than a kid and is that in our benefit as a club long term? If the answer is no then I’m not sure how you’re preserving the integrity of the league by not doing what’s best for your club.

shmmeee

We aren’t talking about throwing a game because we want that outcome. We’re talking about making a judgement call on whether rest/experience is best for the long term development of our team.

Evo1883

We aren’t talking about throwing a game because we want that outcome. We’re talking about making a judgement call on whether rest/experience is best for the long term development of our team.

What absolute shite

PVA

Collins

Thomas - Lati - Bidwell

MVE - Eccles - Kelly - Dasilva

Palmer

Simms - Wright

0-2 loss

mmttww

Sorry bit rude tbh , it's all opinion shouldn't get so ratty .. I just disagree

the it crowd maurice moss GIF

Otis

We play our best team available, full stop

Our fans need to stop talking like they are part of our fucking medical team Jesus christ it's weird
We're not being weird at all.

Robins has said they are knackered and has said many are carrying knocks and injuries. Saddlebrains has said the same.

We don't need to be part of any medical team because we are getting it from the horses mouth..

Will you cut Robins some slack and not judge tonight when you see the team sheet and at least consider that it's the way it is because that's all we've got to pick from?

Will you at least give it some consideration?

Grendel

Bad injuries occur at any time and frankly we’d be majorly fucked off if we were vying for promotion and the opposition decided to play an inadequate team as the manager thinks they can go on the beach early

Otis

Makeshift yes, but Bidwell has played CB before, and Eccles can work at RB. Kelly should be sharper too (he will be key tonight).
Yeah, Eccles might well have been a good choice for RB, but if Sheaf is out and Torp is out , I think he has to play in midfield.

Bidwell at CB I think would be fine. He's done it before hasn't he, so I wouldn't have any qualms there

Otis

Bad injuries occur at any time and frankly we’d be majorly fucked off if we were vying for promotion and the opposition decided to play an inadequate team as the manager thinks they can go on the beach early
That's not what people are saying at all. What is being said is if they are at risk of further injury, or just simply are not fit enough, they shouldn't play.

It's not deciding to play an inadequate team, it's saying we might HAVE to play an inadequate team.

edgy

I think we need to play smart tonight. Less of playing out from the back, more % balls into forward areas. Tired minds make mistakes and I'd rather the mistakes happen around their box than ours. If we piss about between Collins, Thomas and Lati for too long, Ipswich will catch us out.

Grendel

That's not what people are saying at all. What is being said is if they are at risk of further injury, or just simply are not fit enough, they shouldn't play.

It's not deciding to play an inadequate team, it's saying we might HAVE to play an inadequate team.

Simms and Wright weren’t fatigued against Hull so they should have started that game - it’s nonsense

alexccfc99

An absolute ding dong 4-3 to Ipswich also would not surprise me one bit

One of those matches of which the rerun is shown on Sky at like 2am in a few years time billed as ‘EFL Gold’

standupforcity

We are obliged to put out or strongest team, and with that in mind, I'm looking forward to the game tonight, with nothing at stake for us, and lots at stake for them. And I trust the integrity of all involved...

edgy

I'm hoping Simms & Wright will have the bit between the teeth to reach that 20 goals milestone. That's an easy pep-talk from Robins for those two. Let's see if they have that desire in them.

OldBedrocker

We’ve all how much of a confidence player Simms is. To get his 20th would be brilliant for him and his belief so unless he’s carrying a knock then he should play.

Hertsccfc

It's crazy isn't it? None of us are saying anything other than we shouldn't play players who aren't fit to play. I have never thought this could be a controversial opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread