Match Thread Ipswich Match Thread (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

Form guide says "no", but wouldn't surprise me if we beat them.

form.jpg

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

First things first, do not play anyone carrying any sort of injury. No point risking them and make sure they're going to be fit for pre-season training.

2nd, don't play anyone that won't be here next year. Kelly, Godden and O'Hare etc. can say their goodbyes against QPR.

3. Give the youngsters who will be here next year a place on the bench. Not sure about Lusala, but probably Stretton and Andrews. Get Kain Ryan in there too, and maybe the likes of Dausch, Perry and Betjemann, possibly Siddall if they're going to get pro deals. Not really expecting anything from them, but might as well give them some matchday experience and an incentive to work on their development.

Given those constraints picking a team in nigh on impossible, though I'll go 2-1 Ipswich scoreline.

skybluecam

First things first, do not play anyone carrying any sort of injury. No point risking them and make sure they're going to be fit for pre-season training.

2nd, don't play anyone that won't be here next year. Kelly, Godden and O'Hare etc. can say their goodbyes against QPR.

3. Give the youngsters who will be here next year a place on the bench. Not sure about Lusala, but probably Stretton and Andrews. Get Kain Ryan in there too, and maybe the likes of Dausch, Perry and Betjemann, possibly Siddall if they're going to get pro deals. Not really expecting anything from them, but might as well give them some matchday experience and an incentive to work on their development.

Given those constraints picking a team in nigh on impossible, though I'll go 2-1 Ipswich scoreline.
I’d start the players leaving in these last two. I’m quite worried about one of our key players getting a nasty injury.

Plus I would like to celebrate one last Matty Godden goal in sky blue, if the rumours are true.

Boicey

Think it's a combination of the FA Cup semi final and small squad. Was definitely an element of taking our eye off the ball prior to the semi. Following the semi injuries (and now suspension) have left us playing players who haven't had a look-in in months.
Definitely some truth in this. But the defence has got increasingly poor despite no significant injuries. It needs some more first team quality.

shmmeee

Collins needs a decent game, Dasilva is playing well, the rest of the defence picks itself as the only fit players. Ditto Kelly and Eccles in the middle. I’d go full rest everyone and player O’Hare Allen and Palmer behind Godden or 4222 with Godden and Simms if Simms wants his 20. Wright I’d rest as he’ll likely be playing internationals over the summer. Maybe find a way to rest MvE for half a game.

torchomatic

Collins needs a decent game, Dasilva is playing well, the rest of the defence picks itself as the only fit players. Ditto Kelly and Eccles in the middle. I’d go full rest everyone and player O’Hare Allen and Palmer behind Godden or 4222 with Godden and Simms if Simms wants his 20. Wright I’d rest as he’ll likely be playing internationals over the summer. Maybe find a way to rest MvE for half a game.
He had a decent game on Saturday, TBF.

Hertsccfc

Can’t rest anyone for this game on telly they can rest when seasons done

I’d run a few kids out on Saturday
Why? There is nothing hanging on this game for us in terms if this season.

Obviously play a relatively strong team but not anyone who needs a rest and it's an opportunity to try things out and give some experience any youngsters we think might be good enough long term. Preparation for next season should start now.

Users who are viewing this thread