Ipswich fans planning to be in the South Stand (1 Viewer)

MalcSB

Yes. Fans were turfed out when we had season tickets in block 10. Why not?
Was that a league match or cup. Totally wrong if for a league match, STs quite clear that don’t include cup matches. Saying that, I would be fuming if I got moved to somewhere random in the north stand with sun in my eyes all game.

MTK

I’d rather Leeds went up thinking of competition for promotion next year. Less likely that Ipswich will be battling for the automatic spots again than Leeds.v and that where I want City to be next season. That said I’ll be there just to give Ipswich a cheer if they go up.

Happy_Martian

Don’t you need a record of buying tickets at cov , so 4,000 in our end your having a laugh

Goes back to my original point of paying on the gate in the South Stand. 4K Ipswich could easily get in there as there are no checks other than CBS Stadium stewards. And I'll doubt they'll refuse access to someone just because of a Norfolk accent.

They'll stop our bottles with tops but away fans in that home end.......

Happy_Martian

Cash turnstiles are not in place, tickets only available from the ticket office and to those with a purchase history.

Genuine question: I've been a fan for 50+ years, had a season ticket for 15+ in the 80s and 90s. But haven't gone to a game home or away in 20 yrs. If I wanted to go to one now, with no ticket history in the club's acceptable time period, how would I or any new fan get a ticket to a game ? Is it ticket purchase history or any purchase history (eg a mug or shirt) ?

I'm an advocate of home fans in home areas but are we reaching a point where a block should be held back for new fans, neutrals and any overflow of away ? Would mean more stewards and policing but would keep everyone happy.

Bad Boy

Genuine question: I've been a fan for 50+ years, had a season ticket for 15+ in the 80s and 90s. But haven't gone to a game home or away in 20 yrs. If I wanted to go to one now, with no ticket history in the club's acceptable time period, how would I or any new fan get a ticket to a game ? Is it ticket purchase history or any purchase history (eg a mug or shirt) ?

I'm an advocate of home fans in home areas but are we reaching a point where a block should be held back for new fans, neutrals and any overflow of away ? Would mean more stewards and policing but would keep everyone happy.
That’s a very very good question H_M, I’ve often wondered that myself.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Goes back to my original point of paying on the gate in the South Stand. 4K Ipswich could easily get in there as there are no checks other than CBS Stadium stewards. And I'll doubt they'll refuse access to someone just because of a Norfolk accent.

They'll stop our bottles with tops but away fans in that home end.......
Norfolk accent ?

Happy_Martian

Norfolk accent ?

Norfolk/Suffolk/East Anglia. Whereever, my geography is crap. But it's certainly recognisable compared to our own accent which is "exceedingly rare", according to our song ;)

David O'Day

it's basically how far the records on the computer system goes back

the club have said it is about 2016 but people say they have accounts that were recognised that hadn't brought since before then

Joy Division

You'd sign up for a supporter account online and buy a ticket. However, it's this game with the potential of away fans being in the home areas being an issue.

You can buy a ticket for the QPR game without having any purchase history.

Happy_Martian

You'd sign up for a supporter account online and buy a ticket. However, it's this game with the potential of away fans being in the home areas being an issue.

You can buy a ticket for the QPR game without having any purchase history.
Appreciate the explanation.

pusbccfc

Should have given them the whole end. Looks dreadful on TV

Joy Division

You could barely buy a ticket in the North stand online yet must be a couple of thousand empty seats in there

CV22SBA

It’s only when they believe away fans might try to buy tickets in the home end. 99% of the games you don’t need previous purchase history.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Norfolk/Suffolk/East Anglia. Whereever, my geography is crap. But it's certainly recognisable compared to our own accent which is "exceedingly rare", according to our song ;)

When I've gone on Holiday, Cov Born and Bred, people say where you from," they say I don't have a accent," and when I tell them I'm from Cov, they can't understand why I don't sound like a Brummie.

So if we don't have a accent, how can it be "Exceedingly Rare" 🤔

MalcSB

When I've gone on Holiday, Cov Born and Bred, people say where you from," they say I don't have a accent," and when I tell them I'm from Cov, they can't understand why I don't sound like a Brummie.

It wasn’t originally our song, was it?

shmmeee

How can you not have an accent? 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread