Ipswich Fan In Peace (1 Viewer)

baldy

No football fan wants rubbish football and losing every week but much more preferable to having "non-home" games. A quite absurd and extreme hypothetical example but to answer it, yes I would rather see that at Ricoh Arena. Sure seasons 2000/01, 2011/12 and 2016/17 were very disappointing but that's nature of football . A whole lot better than 2013/14 (part of 14/15) and 2019/20. Don't get me wrong delighted to be promoted and get back to a level more appropriate to the Coventry City but not going to home games was a big downer.

Those earlier seasons better than the one we've just 'finished'? A season where we've been crowned champions & playing better football than all of those seasons combined? Behave

Warwickhunt

really ?. west ham cant get a sponsor for the olympic stadium, but they are queuing up for championship coventry playing at wasps stadium ?

no doubt we can get a sponsor at their stadium, but not convinced they are queuing up
Dont think a spomsorship of the Ricoh will be as expensive as the City of London Stadium! but yes agree not queuing up exactly but will have a better chance of securing a deal with City being there.

oscillatewildly

I think wasps are on their arse they know it makes sense for us to be back there my worry is sisu wanting too much ruining a deal
We've been assuming this for a long time - It's fair to say the 'dream move' has not quite reaped the rewards that were anticipated but with the RFU recently slashing funding for anything outside of Prem and England National side and allegedly wanting to ring fence the rugby Premiership (No relegation) I think there will be adequate funds and reason to at least safeguard their membership of the 'elite' 12.

Users who are viewing this thread