Investors (1 Viewer)

ccfchandsy

So with all this talk of liquidation do you think any investors will be waiting and watching ready to pounce when the time is right

Otis

Yes, let's cross our fingers and all our toes and buy a rabbit foot and some lucky heather.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Gary Hoffmans got a shiny pound coin, some magic beans & a mouth piece in Richard "bang it" Keys.....

...who else do we need.....it'll all be alright....:facepalm:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Unless ACL give up the match day revenue we will never be a viable club so don't expect a queue....

why do they have to give it up (i assume that means free)...........

It can be bought, leased, earned out, ........... in total or in part................ but that has always been the case since CCFC moved into the Ricoh, who is to say a new owner couldnt achieve that? It will take more than the car park and F&Bs to make CCFC viable ..............

skyblueelephant

It can be bought, leased, earned out, ........... in total or in part................ but that has always been the case since CCFC moved into the Ricoh, who is to say a new owner couldnt achieve that? It will take more than the car park and F&Bs to make CCFC viable ..............

Correct me if I'm wrong but the rights were originally sold for £6m and ACL now want £24m to sell them in full - I don't see that as an attractive deal for a new investor (or an existing one).

chiefdave

I'm sure there's plenty of other clubs that could be taken over where they wouldn't have to pay to access those revenues and would own their own ground. CCFC doesn't look a very attractive proposition if you don't have an emotional tie to the club, there would seem to be a lot of better options if you want to own a football club.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I'm sure there's plenty of other clubs that could be taken over where they wouldn't have to pay to access those revenues and would own their own ground. CCFC doesn't look a very attractive proposition if you don't have an emotional tie to the club, there would seem to be a lot of better options if you want to own a football club.

wouldnt disagree, but there might be reasons why an investor wants to........ depends on the price and structure of the deal. You could for example do an earn out on the other streams so there is no up front costs, that might leave more to back the team on the pitch, increase FFP income, then as club succeeds the club earns more, tie in to a defined period and it might be more attractive. If you are looking at other L1 clubs then we have potential to be better without massive investment....... plenty of clubs that you couldnt say that about.

Think to some degree it is investing in potential and thinking outside the norm

Gint11

We need a promotion so badly. Not only for our long suffering fans but also the cash injection a promotion would give us would surely help the club with all this financial off field situation.

Danceswithhorses

Unless ACL give up the match day revenue we will never be a viable club so don't expect a queue....
Even if ACL did give SISU the match day revenue for free, we would still not be a viable club, and we'd continue to make losses.
Our wage bill is way too high-that is the big problem, and that is 100% under SISU's control.

dadgad

Even if ACL did give SISU the match day revenue for free, we would still not be a viable club, and we'd continue to make losses.
Our wage bill is way too high-that is the big problem, and that is 100% under SISU's control.

Yes, but it's "CCC and ACL" that are "killing" this club.:facepalm:

The sisu afficianadoes who think that a bit of F&B and car parking can justify a three year contract for Bell or even 3.5 years for Pressley.??
There is a disturbing illogicality about these folk .....you just have to hope they dont have dependents.

The club has to start over. There is no other way through the impasse. This has been the case for years and years.
The sooner we acknowledge the truth the better.
Trying to make a dead man walk is not a plan for the future.

stupot07

But isn't it about striking the balance - increasing income and driving down costs?

The wage bill this season is lower than last seasons which was lower than the season before that. And I expect the wage bill will be lower still next season.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just a thought ........ but as well as a barely veiled ultimatum to ACL but was the TF Guardian article an advert to a wider financial audience that SISU want out of a distressed company and are willing to listen to offers? :thinking about:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Correct me if I'm wrong but the rights were originally sold for £6m and ACL now want £24m to sell them in full - I don't see that as an attractive deal for a new investor (or an existing one).

ok i will correct you :) ............ Both TF and ACL have both confirmed that the £24m is spurious and formed no part in any negotiations. ACL are not looking to sell the catering rights for the whole site.

What was sold was 47 years worth of profits from matchday Hospitality, F&B's for £6m

torchomatic

And yet people moan when we sell people to reduce the wage bill. Look at the hysteria following Bigi's departure. Lose-lose situation all round.

torchomatic

Mary_Mungo_Midge

And yet people moan when we sell people to reduce the wage bill. Look at the hysteria following Bigi's departure. Lose-lose situation all round.

Bigi would have been on a pittance. Wages were not the issue there. Selling the family silver at the expense of maintaining a cohesive unit of young talent capable of a promotion push was

ashbyjan

You are right in as much there will have to be some reeducation among football fans in general but the sale of Bigi would have had little impact on the wage bill - the players we need to shift on are Wood, Murphy, Bell and McShefferey - these four account for half our wage bill. Are any of them irreplaceable? Onl one who comes close to justifying a decent wage is Murphy, the others can be adequately replaced by players earning a fraction of what they earn. Problem only Wood goes at end of season and who is going to come in and offer Bell similar money than he earns here? he is happy to sit tight for the next 2 1/2 years and pick up his wages and who can blame him.

TheRoyalScam

Bigi would have been on a pittance. Wages were not the issue there. Selling the family silver at the expense of maintaining a cohesive unit of young talent capable of a promotion push was

Same with Conor Thomas - SHITSU saw the £££s signs and tried to sell him to Liverpool, even when the player didn't want to go.

That's the same SHITSU that gave Bell a 3 year contract extension, yet sold Jutkiewicz to 'Boro virtually ensuring our relegation.

torchomatic

I rest my case.

Same with Conor Thomas - SHITSU saw the £££s signs and tried to sell him to Liverpool, even when the player didn't want to go.

That's the same SHITSU that gave Bell a 3 year contract extension, yet sold Jutkiewicz to 'Boro virtually ensuring our relegation.

Grendel

Hilarious to try and believe a club of coventrys standing would be in any position to turn an offer down for a player who still has not established himself in the first team.

We accumulated more points when Juke left the club.

Never mind you got SHITSU I'm twice so I am sure or made you proud.

Grendel

Last season he was dropped and never really forced his way back in. If you had your way the key maker of that decision would still be here.

You are sounded as deluded as Royal Scam which takes some doing.

stupot07

We have always sold he family silver. And do you think Bigi would have wanted to stay once Newcastle came in for him?

torchomatic

Exactly, the first ones I remember were Wallace and Gillespie. We have always been a "feeder".

We have always sold he family silver. And do you think Bigi would have wanted to stay once Newcastle came in for him?

dadgad

Exactly, the first ones I remember were Wallace and Gillespie. We have always been a "feeder".

Not even close to being applicable. Wallace became an established striker at the club.....we got the best out of him and then sold him for good money (Forest) where he flopped.
Gillespie too was an established first teamer here and we got decent money. Admittedly he did go on to play more after he left us but, nevertheless, it is not even barely comparable.
At no time was Bigi a nailed on regular with us. He's still a kid, learning his game. The point is if we had any acumen we would have broiught these players on and got much more.
The same applies to Juke, Turner, Gunnar, Westwood, King. So many examples of the club failing to capitalise on the value that these players had.
So many examples of why sisu are fucking hopeless at running a club.

Colonel Mustard

As much as we all liked Bigi, it makes plenty of sense to sell a 17 year old kid for the kind of fee that can bring in three or four contributors at this level.

Users who are viewing this thread