Introduction (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
What sort of time is the 3PM kick off on for you fellas?

Don't fancy the creepy crawlies, do like the look of Australia but never been.

Brylowes

I thought I'd introduce myself as I've just started posting, but have been reading the forums for around 2 weeks. So thought I'd give a background as it doesn't take long here to get tagged as taking sides. Born in Coventry 1968, my parents dragged me to Melbourne, Australia in 74. Followed the Sky Blues via Our ABC radio station who'd give the scores of every English & Scottish Division from 6pm on Sunday night. I was lucky enough to come for a holiday, got to see 3 home games, 1 of which I've been told is one of the best ever in the clubs history, city v spurs, boxing day 86.
I follow everything via the Internet & digital radio. When I discovered this forum I was stoked. I gotta say you're all very passionate, it's a shame what's happening is pitting us against each other. I'm sure I'll make a lot of friends & enemas along the way. PUSB!!!
(& no, I won't be buying a membership next year, lol)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Hi al,
I don't mind being your friend, but if you don't mind 'I'd like to rule myself out of the
Running to become your Enema.;)

AL13N

What sort of time is the 3PM kick off on for you fellas?

Don't fancy the creepy crawlies, do like the look of Australia but never been.
G'day Nick, 3pm kick off = 2am Sunday morning. Better during non day light savings = 12am. Creepy crawlies aren't that bad, I've never been bitten. I have hit a kangaroo on the way to work though , that was fun.

RedSalmon

Hello Al and welcome. I don't usually post and tend only to come on here to see who Grendal is winding up.
Been to Melbs many times and have to say wandering around Fitzroy on a sunny afternoon sinking a few cold ones has got to be one of the most pleasurable experiences life can give a man. Also the Belguin beer garden off the St Kilda road is an experience that should not be missed if in Melbs.

AL13N

Hi al,
I don't mind being your friend, but if you don't mind 'I'd like to rule myself out of the
Running to become your Enema.;)
Thanks Bry, happy to have a friend, Melbourne isn't exactly swarming with Sky Blue fans to be friends with. All f*cking Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal.

AL13N

Hello Al and welcome. I don't usually post and tend only to come on here to see who Grendal is winding up.
Been to Melbs many times and have to say wandering around Fitzroy on a sunny afternoon sinking a few cold ones has got to be one of the most pleasurable experiences life can give a man. Also the Belguin beer garden off the St Kilda road is an experience that should not be missed if in Melbs.
Thanks Red, it's not a bad place. Funny you should mention Grendal. I'll get ridiculed for this, but I don't mind what he posts, but he sure has some haters.

Nick

Administrator
G'day Nick, 3pm kick off = 2am Sunday morning. Better during non day light savings = 12am. Creepy crawlies aren't that bad, I've never been bitten. I have hit a kangaroo on the way to work though , that was fun.

What about the night games, I guess the 7.45 ones are more manageable it just means getting up early that day!

Whats the kangaroo meat like over there? :)

Oh, and is where you live just like on the TV? Always think Australia looks really nice, but thats mainly based on Neighbours so didnt know if there were dodgy council estates there too!

AL13N

What about the night games, I guess the 7.45 ones are more manageable it just means getting up early that day!

Oh, and is where you live just like on the TV? Always think Australia looks really nice, but thats mainly based on Neighbours so didnt know if there were dodgy council estates there too!
7:45 ones are great, I'm usually up & work, so I follow live updates. Kangaroo meat is nice, especially satayed. High in protein apparently. I've tried Crocodile, meh, it does taste like chicken.
I live in a dodgy area, but the majority of suburbs look similar to neighbours. That neighbours Street is about 15 minutes from where I am right now.

Brylowes

What are ya, a fuckin Bouncer.:)

Nick

Administrator
7:45 ones are great, I'm usually up & work, so I follow live updates. Kangaroo meat is nice, especially satayed. High in protein apparently. I've tried Crocodile, meh, it does taste like chicken.
I live in a dodgy area, but the majority of suburbs look similar to neighbours. That neighbours Street is about 15 minutes from where I am right now.

Had some of the meat over here but they stopped doing it :(

Still, there is :

P1190681.jpg

Compared to:

22415_1979_IMG_00_0000.jpg

AL13N

Had some of the meat over here but they stopped doing it :(

Still, there is :

P1190681.jpg

Compared to:

22415_1979_IMG_00_0000.jpg
Lol, mine is like the 2nd photo...but worse. My mum & dads is like 1st. How Aussie is this - mum & dad live (where I grew up) in a place called Upper Ferntree Gully.

Brylowes

Nick your like the yanks who think all the English live in Kensington & Chelsea, and
All Scots live in castles.

AL13N

Nick your like the yanks who think all the English live in Kensington & Chelsea, and
All Scots live in castles.
Lol, I get the impression the year in Scotland is 1974, everyone lives in a dump, are always fighting & they don't know what fruit is. This impression courtesy of Mock the Week.

Captain Dart

Brylowes

English people only drink tea and have bad teeth.

At least im honest that I always imagine it to be like neighbours as you never really see shitholes.
But the last time I watched neighbors (admittedly years ago) it was inhabited by,
A doctor,Architect, builder (own business), lawyer, rich spinster and a megalomaniac
Hotel owner, so it's hardly their "Corrie" ;)

smouch1975

Morning again.
Most games for me are 11pm until we man up on daylight savings

You will have more joy following our timmy than this timmy mate

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Kiwifirst

I am in the Western Bulldogs heartland.

As a Cov, SD Chargers, SD Padres fan, haven't had anything to cheer about for a while. So certainly became an instant Doggies fan this year. My neighbors 8 year old just told me; "I am a Leicester Foxes fan". His brother is a Manchester Devils fan. I laugh when Aussie Rules kids pick English football teams.

AL13N

I am in the Western Bulldogs heartland.

As a Cov, SD Chargers, SD Padres fan, haven't had anything to cheer about for a while. So certainly became an instant Doggies fan this year. My neighbors 8 year old just told me; "I am a Leicester Foxes fan". His brother is a Manchester Devils fan. I laugh when Aussie Rules kids pick English football teams.
I'm in Dandenong, logistically it's perfect. I go for Carlton, the Blues were as close to Sky blues I could get. I've had nothing to cheer about for a loooong time, lol.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Welcome Al. Never been to Aus myself but hoping to get over to watch us get whitewashed in the Ashes this time next year.

Enjoy SBT and the increasingly rare, football-related posts that now come with it!

AL13N

Welcome Al. Never been to Aus myself but hoping to get over to watch us get whitewashed in the Ashes this time next year.

Enjoy SBT and the increasingly rare, football-related posts that now come with it!
Cheers Dimi. It won't be a whitewash, the Aussies aren't great at the moment. Come over, you'll love it, I don't think there's a SISU here.

Users who are viewing this thread