Video Interview with Dave Boddy (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Great shout out to mmj!!

Mark and I were really surprised by his honesty and nuggets of information like the james Collins comment and the £150k figure. He’s a bloody good liar if he is not being honest about the stadium and the budget for this and last season.

11th largest budget and won the league.

What an interview - can you imagine about ceo and club that would allow that kind of access

Grendel

Great shout out to mmj!!

Mark and I were really surprised by his honesty and nuggets of information like the james Collins comment and the £150k figure. He’s a bloody good liar if he is not being honest about the stadium and the budget for this and last season.

11th largest budget and won the league.

What an interview - can you imagine about ceo and club that would allow that kind of access

Well I hate to be cynical but the budget position has no relation to actual expenditure

Grendel

You’re always cynical but what do you mean?

A budget means nothing. The expenditure could be 10% of the budget - looking at our total wage bill I’d be amazed if 10 other clubs were higher. Also we don’t have a FFP system as such in the league

Id be very interested to know how much Sepella plans to take back in interest payments from the championship windfall and is that deferred interest so the debt remains the same. I’d be surprised also if he gave any view on the impact of the “budget“ if the club returned to coventry - it would be substantial so I’d assume that’s the biggest priority

skyblueelephant76

A budget means nothing. The expenditure could be 10% of the budget - looking at our total wage bill I’d be amazed if 10 other clubs were higher. Also we don’t have a FFP system as such in the league

Id be very interested to know how much Sepella plans to take back in interest payments from the championship windfall and is that deferred interest so the debt remains the same. I’d be surprised also if he gave any view on the impact of the “budget“ if the club returned to coventry - it would be substantial so I’d assume that’s the biggest priority
Having the 11th biggest budget means that 10 other clubs could have spent more than us if they wanted to (and we don't know that they didn't).

Grendel

Having the 11th biggest budget means that 10 other clubs could have spent more than us if they wanted to (and we don't know that they didn't).

It’s a meaningless statement.

Sky Blue Pete

Me too and I don’t mean cynical negatively at all. Apart from where burge is concerned.

Grendel

"Meaningless" in what sense. The words make sense. What bit do you disagree with?

Because in theory the team with the highest budget could have the lowest spend. Also aren’t these “budgets” reviewed in interval periods?

capel & collindridge

Because in theory the team with the highest budget could have the lowest spend. Also aren’t these “budgets” reviewed in interval periods?
Fair point. I made my comment before you started to explain in your previous post. I find you sometimes say something dismissive but don't explain why. But here you did. So, thanks.

Grendel

They could also have the highest spend which is far more likely.

No it isn’t. Bournemouth ignored it on their climb as an example. We spent £750,000 on a striker - not many did and some with higher budgets had Wages already contracted which means no ability to spend

skyblueelephant76

No it isn’t. Bournemouth ignored it on their climb as an example. We spent £750,000 on a striker - not many did and some with higher budgets had Wages already contracted which means no ability to spend
I agree there are a number of factors involved but spend isn't just about transfer fees. Sunderland didn't sign anyone for fee last season but they had a £10m wage bill. Whilst that was a partly a legacy of where they had come from, they still effectively spent more than us and a team with a £10m wage bill should be better than one with a £2.5m wage bill.

Kilclines curly mullet

Great from Boddy and some good relevant questions - I hope Clive Eakin and co watch and learn something.

ill expect a barrage of abuse here but the shine somewhat taken off it by hearing at the end that the guys were pleased to have benefited from the season ticket fund (free season ticket) as this allowed expenditure on shirts and away days etc.

For me, that’s not what the season ticket fund is for.

SeaSeeEffCee

Glad he confirmed that we’re looking to bring at least one striker in, although he made it sound like we’re looking at potentially bringing in multiple.

Nick

Administrator
Great from Boddy and some good relevant questions - I hope Clive Eakin and co watch and learn something.

ill expect a barrage of abuse here but the shine somewhat taken off it by hearing at the end that the guys were pleased to have benefited from the season ticket fund (free season ticket) as this allowed expenditure on shirts and away days etc.

The young lad is disabled so it's not a simple case of just going to games, I get what you mean but if helping him get to home games every week meant he could get to a few away games and get a shirt I don't think it's that much of an issue.

better days

Think you're maybe being a bit harsh there KCM
It sounds like the family finances are pretty tight so if they had to pay for the tickets they couldn't afford to buy the lad shirts etc
It's all part of the experience of belonging and feeling part of things

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams

Not at all, I’ve always said we want to be fair and that people feel that they helped some on in need.
We had one guy who has said on Twitter so hope he is ok for me to say but had lost his job and sacrificed his usual season tickets for him and his lad, he later found work after we had purchased but we cannot take the ticket back or wouldn’t want to, he has donated to this years fund helping someone else out.
With Clive and his lad, his circumstances at the time didn’t make it possible as a family, we helped, his son has found a new found love of the vlogs and club and has made a donation to this years fund as well with what he has spare.
Someones circumstances at the time can differ to later in the season but you are right to comment and express to make sure we do get this as right as possible.

better days

Not at all, I’ve always said we want to be fair and that people feel that they helped some on in need.
We had one guy who has said on Twitter so hope he is ok for me to say but had lost his job and sacrificed his usual season tickets for him and his lad, he later found work after we had purchased but we cannot take the ticket back or wouldn’t want to, he has donated to this years fund helping someone else out.
With Clive and his lad, his circumstances at the time didn’t make it possible as a family, we helped, his son has found a new found love of the vlogs and club and has made a donation to this years fund as well with what he has spare.
Someones circumstances at the time can differ to later in the season but you are right to comment and express to make sure we do get this as right as possible.
Brilliant

TTG

YOOOOOOOO WHATSS GOINGGG ING EVERYBODDDY TTG BACKKK WITH ANOTHER AMMMAZIIIING POSSSSSST

Actually I genuinely enjoyed that. It's great to see that Dave and other players are willing to engage with people like him - must really give THE BOY//VOLCANIC ENHANCED confidence to keep doing what he's doing! Players would never of even gone onto nii lamptey in the slade era!

Intro and Name may need some work though

mark82

Quite. This is exactly why we do this in fairness, to allow kids like this to fall in love with the club and maintain that passion. Yes, we want to help people in need (and as I've said a million times recently, you don't always see the full picture from people's public comments), but it's also about building and maintaining a future fan base for the club.

Kilclines curly mullet

I think it’s great that the guys in the video have such great affection for the club and I appreciate all comments that we don’t always know an individuals circumstances.
I do stand by my point though,
It’s like allowing somebody to pay for your weekly food shop only for you to then go out at the end of the week for a meal in a nice restaurant.
Just doesn’t sit right with me and I apologise in advance if that offends anyone.

Sky Blue Pete

What was said about James Collins?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
One of the players we’ve missed out on of the targets we had for the league 2 season. He thinks Luton paid £500k, we offered £150k all we could afford at the time

THE-BOY-CCFC

We are very grateful for the season tickets we got, at the time as a family we was going through a very hard time which made it impossible for us to get to season ticket . When THE BOYs granddad seen some of his vlogs he got us the away tickets just so we could make memories. With the shirts we had to saved really hard to buy them so we could give the club something back to say thanks.

We know how lucky we was to get tickets and for that we thank everyone who donated to it , THE BOY has donated to it this year . He has all so given the family zone his sky blue signed set of wheelchair trims signed by league two winning team , and this season he will give them his two tone set sign by the league 1 champions, to help them raise money to carry on the great work they do. (these sets are one of a kind no one else has them)
Please don't think we took advantage of the help we got as that was not the case.

Users who are viewing this thread