International sky blue managers (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

It’s been suggested to me by someone both Jesse Carver and Walter Harris. They recall reading somewhere that Carver had the Holland job. Also that Harris managed us in the very early days and there are very sketchy reports from back then that he managed both France and Spain for a few games after he left us.

Grendel

It’s been suggested to me by someone both Jesse Carver and Walter Harris. They recall reading somewhere that Carver had the Holland job. Also that Harris managed us in the very early days and there are very sketchy reports from back then that he managed both France and Spain for a few games after he left us.

Jess carver was manager of Holland prior to ccfc and I think was head hunted from us by an Italian team

Walter Harris I can only see as an assistant in France

Irish Sky Blue

When Alladyce was England’s manager, Starachen managed Scotland, Coleman Wales and O’Neil Northern Ireland. Even Martin O’Neill, RoI manager, nearly joined us in the seventies in a swap with Mick Ferguson that Clough pulled the plug on. Had he joined, that would have been all 5 home nation managers with CCFC connections.

CJ_covblaze

Jess carver was manager of Holland prior to ccfc and I think was head hunted from us by an Italian team

Walter Harris I can only see as an assistant in France

Ah ok. That rules out Carver then. The Harris one is not as clear. Spain became a member of FIFA before the RFEF were even formed. Very little is known from those few years. A journo looked into it and wrote a book. In there it says that it’s thought Harris managed a few games and maybe even played at one point!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Guam not a nation I'm afraid.
Still seems an impressive number, 8 so far of Coventry / international managers although many of the managers themselves are not that impressive

It was just a joke m8.
Guam not a nation I'm afraid.
Still seems an impressive number, 8 so far of Coventry / international managers although many of the managers themselves are not that impressive

As much as my post was a joke... They are actually recognised.

Member Association - Guam - FIFA.com

Grendel

Well if FIFA recognise Guam they should allow Gibraltar and maybe Cornwall. Probably ranked above Scotland to be fair.

Gilbralter play in the Euros

JimmyHillsbeard

When Alladyce was England’s manager, Starachen managed Scotland, Coleman Wales and O’Neil Northern Ireland. Even Martin O’Neill, RoI manager, nearly joined us in the seventies in a swap with Mick Ferguson that Clough pulled the plug on. Had he joined, that would have been all 5 home nation managers with CCFC connections.

And the best manager of the four was the one with the loosest of SkyBlue connections - Michael O’Neill played a handful of games usually being subbed before the hour mark.

oscillatewildly

Even MSP changed the lyrics from 'Everything must go' to 'Bobby Gould must go' during live shows around the time of his tenure.
I'm sure Gordon Milne had some decent success in Turkey at club level but did he manage any international side?

Grendel

Even MSP changed the lyrics from 'Everything must go' to 'Bobby Gould must go' during live shows around the time of his tenure.
I'm sure Gordon Milne had some decent success in Turkey at club level but did he manage any international side?

No he didn’t

Users who are viewing this thread