International Duty (1 Viewer)

napolimp

Assume only Vik is away on international duty? And will be down the pecking order?

I've read Ibrahimovic has been called up at the age of 41.

Dom Hyam has also been called up for Scotland.

sotvtoday

Assume only Vik is away on international duty? And will be down the pecking order?

Presumably we're due additional fees then? :ROFLMAO:

Londonccfcfan

Yeah a matter of time before Hyam was going to be called up. Fair play.

Scottish football team is shocking mind. When you see Lyndon Dykes called up time and again.

hill83

But CoventryLive can reveal for the first time since the hugely unpopular sale, that the initial fee was, in fact, closer to £2.5m with add-ons. It’s understood that City have already received an additional payment based on Hyam completing 25 appearances for Rovers – which he did in January – and are now in line to receive another cash boost to the tune of around £100,000 if he makes his full debut for Scotland over the international break

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Interesting.

Firstly who has provided them with those figures?

Why would they provide them with those figures?

Are those figures accurate?

Good deal if true though I guess, I imagine it would cost similar to sign McNally

It could be true of course, there were just a few things about that sale that didn't really add up. Comments from their side, comments from our side, Coventry Live's input, the accounts being released. Someone wasn't telling the truth somewhere.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Don’t let truth get in the way of esb and others narrative

What narrative?

Rovers’ Director of Football, Gregg Broughton, said: “Our initial approach to Coventry City in July was met with a clear message that he was not for sale, however when it became apparent this week that their stance had changed, we had no hesitation in making Dom our third permanent signing of this window."

You'll have to forgive me for not expecting a well thought out deal when the the sale was as unprofessional as that.

SBT

I thought the deal was handled badly by our side in terms of the timing and subsequent use of the money, but if those numbers are accurate (no obvious reason to believe they’re not) then we got a good price for him, for sure. It’s just a shame that didn’t translate into us strengthening the squad later on in the season.

Grendel

Interesting.

Firstly who has provided them with those figures?

Why would they provide them with those figures?

Are those figures accurate?

Good deal if true though I guess, I imagine it would cost similar to sign McNally

The accounts show sales post the last accounts period were worth £2.2m - only Hyam and Shipley were sold I think in that period so it’s not exactly a huge scoop

Grendel

You said Hyam wasn’t worth money didn’t you?

He’s rubbish - the real issue surrounding his sale was the fact Boddy lies to your group when he said that the sale was nothing to do with the clubs financial situation but part of a strategy - and that robins approved all sales.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Nations League: Scotland gain promotion to League A, but England and Wales are relegated to League B​

:sneaky:

Tin pot competition and managers complain that players are tired 😩

SBT

He’s rubbish - the real issue surrounding his sale was the fact Boddy lies to your group when he said that the sale was nothing to do with the clubs financial situation but part of a strategy - and that robins approved all sales.
Getting £2m+ for a player you believe to be rubbish surely makes it more likely that the deal was strategic after all rather than a fire sale?

Hobo

It could be true of course, there were just a few things about that sale that didn't really add up. Comments from their side, comments from our side, Coventry Live's input, the accounts being released. Someone wasn't telling the truth somewhere.

It is business. There are all sorts of reasons why either side would be woolly about it.

As much as you would like it, where is the obligation to be 100 per cent truthful?

Skybluemichael

The accounts show sales post the last accounts period were worth £2.2m - only Hyam and Shipley were sold I think in that period so it’s not exactly a huge scoop
2521A8F1-EFAC-4C7E-B7C0-001DF1E0E8FA.png
is this what you’re talking about? The £2.09m would include the fee we paid for kasey palmer?

Briles

He may have been "rubbish" but at the time he was our best defender. Which made the sale weird

The Philosopher

I remember SkyBlueBeliever suggesting Hyam should be called up for Scotland.

Users who are viewing this thread