International Breaks (1 Viewer)

How do you want it?

• I like big breaks and I cannot lie

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Little and often

Votes: 29 64.4%

• Total voters

AOM

They are bullshit but i've said previously i think this one will serve us quite well. We could well come back with a fully fit squad.

Yep, this one does seem to have come at a good time squad depth wise.
O'Hare looks to be back in normal training as far I can tell, so gets him a week closer to making the bench as well

napolimp

I would like friendly matches to be arranged for the weekend, so we have something to attend during the international break. Would give players a chance to build match fitness, keep them sharp, and could even raise a little revenue. Would be especially interesting if they could be organised against unusual opposition, say a club from abroad. For clubs like us, especially, the break doesn't really affect us as we have hardly any internationals.

shmmeee

They are bullshit but i've said previously i think this one will serve us quite well. We could well come back with a fully fit squad.

Yeah but if it was four weeks imagine how fit our squad would be!

And we’ve been hit by stop start seasons before. Personally I thought I was better last year to have one break than loads.

shmmeee

England are always boring. It’s got to be getting on for 30 years since I was last genuinely exited to watch and England game, and that might have been because I was a teenager discovering beer and football.

CV22SBA

In my younger years i followed England all over the World so loved them. Now i'm older i wish they weren't a thing. Why are England so boring to watch though, i rarely make the second half these days. Some of the best players in the World too.

Paul Anthony

I always worry with international breaks that we'll struggle to get going after them, especially when we've got a few good results beforehand. Still, at least it's not quite as bad as the World Cup last season.

Mcbean

The worry is injuries to any of our players - but the return of Sheaf , Palmer ? And soon enough OHare will be a big filip for MR - Kelly not supposed to be as bad as first thought

Saddlebrains

I would like friendly matches to be arranged for the weekend, so we have something to attend during the international break. Would give players a chance to build match fitness, keep them sharp, and could even raise a little revenue. Would be especially interesting if they could be organised against unusual opposition, say a club from abroad. For clubs like us, especially, the break doesn't really affect us as we have hardly any internationals.

We are looking at a behind closed doors game apparently, Sheaf, O'Hare, Tavares, Palmer + MVE to get time IF we can get one

napolimp

We are looking at a behind closed doors game apparently, Sheaf, O'Hare, Tavares, Palmer + MVE to get time IF we can get one

That's great news, but a shame behind closed door - I could have done with a bit of football this weekend. Guess there's always lower leagues.

TomRad85

Yeah but if it was four weeks imagine how fit our squad would be!

And we’ve been hit by stop start seasons before. Personally I thought I was better last year to have one break than loads.
Oh right i see what you're asking. Yes i preferred it too but i doubt me and you can make it a goer unfortunately.

Skyblueweeman

Try being from N.Ireland. Bar a few years between 2014-2018, it's pretty bleak!

Cov and N.Ireland. I defo did something wrong in a past life.

Terry Gibson's perm

Players play to many games always tired at the end of the season, chance for a few days of before a qualifying game let’s play Australia.

Ian1779

It’s a tough one because if you are flying beforehand then you don’t want it (see us last season at the World Cup break) but then if you are having a shit run of form or hammered with injuries then it’s a welcome chance to reset.

Bad Boy

England are always boring. It’s got to be getting on for 30 years since I was last genuinely exited to watch and England game, and that might have been because I was a teenager discovering beer and football.
Discovering sex and Smirnoff is better.

blunted

Really miss football on Saturdays and midweek too during these breaks. My wife loves it when City play, as she says gives her a break, so she doesn't like them either. Used to love England and the Home Countries games but have lost interest. May be my imagination, but do we get more injuries when we are not playing? Appears this break should be good for us. Injured players more recovery time and the defence need to go through repeat routines to stop the stupid goals we are conceding. Time for the training staff to correct some of our poor decision making in the final third. If O'Hare and Sheaf can come back firing, it will be time well spent.

Warwickhunt

use the break to sign COH up on a longer contract! We need to get it sorted.

CJ_covblaze

Shit ain’t they?

Would you rather they condensed them all into say a month in the middle of the season (Early Jan maybe) rather than having four or five spread around the season?
Nope. Love them.

Users who are viewing this thread