Interesting... (1 Viewer)

Knowledge

I'm told that we attempted to sign Simon Cox on loan from WBA last week. Has anyone else heard this? Might have been a pre-empt for a move for Di Matteo which wont be happening anyway....

Nick

Administrator
Isn't he the striker? Was it an emergency loan?

Could be just to get us past the injury stages.

What came of it?

Knowledge

Emergency loan I understand for 4 weeks, due to King's suspension. I'm told we weren't prepared to pay the proportion of wages quoted, thus refused point blank. Apparently zero other moves made for players since a late bid for Lonegran on deadline day, which we then pulled as Westwood stayed.

sky_blue_up_north

Lonegran is a top keeper, I doubt if would end up here, did Cox not play with Juxy and Swindon?

ashbyjan

Shame as Cox is a player I have always rated - not quite good enough for Prem but certainly a reliable goal scorer at this level and that is certainly something we need Marlon or no Marlon. Hope RR isn't sitting there in June planning the season ahead in the First Division wishing he had shelled out a few quid now. Operation Championship starts today......

SkyBlueScottie

LOnergan is going to Everton and is currently indeed training with them before returning to sit on the bench for Preston for match days, Turner apparently another target of ours is going to Preston to replace him.

Users who are viewing this thread