Interesting Trust Action (1 Viewer)

AStonesThrow

So I’ve been looking for a new job (if anyone knows of any going!) and I came across this on Indeed. Strange thing to do right? Seems pretty desperate to me

Attachments

• A4A84A61-1D7E-4FF3-A519-788D11C8F507.png
    A4A84A61-1D7E-4FF3-A519-788D11C8F507.png
    228.6 KB · Views: 379

shepardo01

- AGM open to attend, good start! - see pic,
- FSA looking to get involved...(last para)
Sky Blue Trust rep.... thought he'd resigned? (See pic)
Same old trust, same old people behind the scenes??? Who knows??
It is however, yet another chance for them to get back onside with the fan base! Come on guys, can't be that hard to do......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200627-104323_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200627-104323_Samsung Internet.jpg
    461.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 20200627_104802.jpg
    20200627_104802.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 20200627_104740.jpg
    20200627_104740.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 77

ccfctommy

They are looking for new board members. Why not someone on here give it a go? Didn't Grendel decide nominate himself?

CJ_covblaze

Might as well try it. Nothing to lose. Needs new blood and there hasn’t been a queue of candidates despite the repeated requests for people to put themselves forward.

mark82

Might as well try it. Nothing to lose. Needs new blood and there hasn’t been a queue of candidates despite the repeated requests for people to put themselves forward.

Am I right in saying the Trust will fold if they don't have enough board members? Guessing this is why the advert has been placed.

wince

Am I right in saying the Trust will fold if they don't have enough board members? Guessing this is why the advert has been placed.
ill nominate and support you , will be good to have someone from this form on the board

Grendel

I would think it has to have a certain number of board members - if so it should die

Grendel

Bad move. Needs fresh faces, new ideas and reformation. Most teams have a supporters trust.

It would be better to let it die and reform it when the deadwood like Ellis and Lionel have long left the building

Woolly68

Bad move. Needs fresh faces, new ideas and reformation. Most teams have a supporters trust.
Indeed, and in the case of Exeter City the Trust are the majority shareholders (53%) and the Trust Board also have 50% representation on the Club board. For a Club that averages 4500-5000 they have a little under 3500 Trust members, who elect their Trustees.
The Club don’t have a SISU so rely on members donations, fundraising, volunteering and good sound marketing and commercial activity from the Club to keep it going.
Whether this model could ever sustain a Club (successfully) above League 1 is not known. It would be difficult unless you had a much larger fan base, in my opinion, but you never know.
The supporters really do own their Football Club. The relationship between Trust and Club works, most of the time and communication between Supporters, Trust and Club is very good.
Coventry need a Trust that truly represents the majority of the fan base and need to get closer engagement with the Club. Ultimately the Trust need that representation on the Club board. If you can get that I’m sure we could get a lot more members. The Trust needs to firstly represent the fans for the benefit of the Club and the wider community of Coventry.

Frostie

Indeed, and in the case of Exeter City the Trust are the majority shareholders (53%) and the Trust Board also have 50% representation on the Club board. For a Club that averages 4500-5000 they have a little under 3500 Trust members, who elect their Trustees.
The Club don’t have a SISU so rely on members donations, fundraising, volunteering and good sound marketing and commercial activity from the Club to keep it going.
Whether this model could ever sustain a Club (successfully) above League 1 is not known. It would be difficult unless you had a much larger fan base, in my opinion, but you never know.
The supporters really do own their Football Club. The relationship between Trust and Club works, most of the time and communication between Supporters, Trust and Club is very good.
Coventry need a Trust that truly represents the majority of the fan base and need to get closer engagement with the Club. Ultimately the Trust need that representation on the Club board. If you can get that I’m sure we could get a lot more members. The Trust needs to firstly represent the fans for the benefit of the Club and the wider community of Coventry.

The club will not (completely understandably) engage with a Trust which has sought to undermine them, actively worked against them & tried to force a takeover.
As others have said, some of those people are still involved - Lionel Bird, Roger Ellis etc. They should disband & start again with ALL new faces.

Woolly68

The club will not (completely understandably) engage with a Trust which has sought to undermine them, actively worked against them & tried to force a takeover.
As others have said, some of those people are still involved - Lionel Bird, Roger Ellis etc. They should disband & start again with ALL new faces.
But who will step up to the plate? They need to be good communicators, Intelligent individuals who have the right skill set to be able to work with and represent supporters. They need to be City Supporters and be known and trusted by the fan base. They need to be able to make difficult decisions at times when things are not going well. They need to represent all ages, genders and BAME supporters.
Within the Exeter City Trustees they have male and females representation as well as a young representatives (under 21) to represent the younger fans, Voted for by the Trust members.

JimmyHillsbeard

Trust-owned Exeter City served notice on manager Paul Tisdale when the club were going through a poor patch of form. The notice was 18 months iirc. It came to a conclusion after their form had transformed remarkably and Tisdale’s stock was high. His final game in charge was the play-off final against us. It meant he walked away from Exeter after that game and the club got no compensation from MK Dons.

Irish Sky Blue

Tisdale had a long stint at Exeter. Ultimately their board's decision to serve him notice was probably a mistake. Tisdale, I believe was given the opportunity to stay, but chose to go to MK where, after 18 months, he was given the sack. Like Robins at Coventry, Tisdale and Exeter seemed to be a good fit. However, to say that a partially Trust lead board made a mistake so therefore Trust lead boards are bad is perhaps ignoring the countless poor appointments or bad sackings made by the vast majority of football club owners.
Despite Tisdale's departure, Exeter have remained at the right end of League Two and will hopefully finally go up this year.
I think supporter involvement in at board level can only be a good thing.

JimmyHillsbeard

Tisdale had a long stint at Exeter. Ultimately their board's decision to serve him notice was probably a mistake. Tisdale, I believe was given the opportunity to stay, but chose to go to MK where, after 18 months, he was given the sack. Like Robins at Coventry, Tisdale and Exeter seemed to be a good fit. However, to say that a partially Trust lead board made a mistake so therefore Trust lead boards are bad is perhaps ignoring the countless poor appointments or bad sackings made by the vast majority of football club owners.
Despite Tisdale's departure, Exeter have remained at the right end of League Two and will hopefully finally go up this year.

I agree and wasn’t trying to suggest trust involvement in a board is a bad thing or inevitably so. That was just lazy on my part. Apologies.

mind you whenever I hear about fan-led clubs I think of Peter Risdale at Leeds let his supporter instincts ruj rampant until the Club became his vanity project with disastrous consequences.

skyblueinBaku

Woolly68

That’s right. Exeter appointed well by getting Matt Taylor, who worked as part of the background team when Tisdale was there. He very much believes in the Club and Trust ethos. In just 2 seasons they have performed well and the football has generally been good to watch. Crowds have increased in the last 2 seasons with increases in revenue. Tisdale did some great things for the club and will always be remembered with appreciation for that, but it was time for a change. The Trust and Club are always looking for ways to improve engagement with the local community and get more people to SJP and it seems to be working well over the last few years. They don’t have a choice. They have to constantly work hard and develop new opportunities to get The Club on a better footing and hope that the goal of one day getting to the Championship can be realised.

Last edited:

Woolly68

Exeter Trust working for and with the Club.
Massive difference to that of the Sky Blues Trust.
But it could work well, with some fresh faces and maybe revisiting the SBT constitution, whatever that is currently. Best position Coventry have had in a few years to get the Trust model right and get a positive working relationship with the Club.

CJ_covblaze

There needs to be between 6 and 16 on the board. The remaining board members are either putting themselves up for re-election or not continuing. There has never been a better time for new people to get involved.

CJ_covblaze

Users who are viewing this thread