Interesting Article offering hope (1 Viewer)

Terry_dactyl

I would have loved a city centre location for a ground. Cardiff’s Millenium stadium is an example of how it can be done really well. Their rugby team also has one in the centre...and the bluebirds ground is hardly a million miles away.

Sussex Boy

I don't know all the ins and outs of Coventry's predicament, but I think the comparisons between City and Brighton are less to do with Tony Bloom and the Amex, and more to do with the Gillingham/Withdean years for the Albion. Once we'd managed to oust Archer/Bellotti from the club, in a couple of years we were at Withdean with Dick Knight as our chairman. He didn't have a lot of money at all, and as you might remember Withdean was less than glamorous, but the club was back in the hands of fans again, even if we were in Div 3 without two pennies to rub together. The comparison is more to give Coventry fans hope that even if it means playing somewhere like Butts Park for x amount of years, it can all be worth it in the long run as long as the fans are back in control of the club and SISU are out.

Nick

Administrator
I don't know all the ins and outs of Coventry's predicament, but I think the comparisons between City and Brighton are less to do with Tony Bloom and the Amex, and more to do with the Gillingham/Withdean years for the Albion. Once we'd managed to oust Archer/Bellotti from the club, in a couple of years we were at Withdean with Dick Knight as our chairman. He didn't have a lot of money at all, and as you might remember Withdean was less than glamorous, but the club was back in the hands of fans again, even if we were in Div 3 without two pennies to rub together. The comparison is more to give Coventry fans hope that even if it means playing somewhere like Butts Park for x amount of years, it can all be worth it in the long run as long as the fans are back in control of the club and SISU are out.

How though?

I am still not sure what we are meant to be hoping for by looking at Brighton aside from a mega rich owner giving his money away and not wanting it back?

Gosford Green

We had a purpose built stadium, our current owners announced they did not want it then the owners of the stadium sold it at a bargain price to a rugby club from the outskirts of London.

While the Butts is a handy location, if we are to have hope and let alone ambition we need to at the Ricoh on a long term deal with an owner than wants to own and run CCFC as a football club not a investment venture that has gone horribly wrong for them.

We are down the bare bones as far as home fans go now with just superfans and the deluded left.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Come on "Rattles" I not sitting on your knee at games there is hardly room to get a pitch in there. As for parking problems traffic in general would be gridlocked.

bringbackrattles

Come on "Rattles" I not sitting on your knee at games there is hardly room to get a pitch in there. As for parking problems traffic in general would be gridlocked.
I had another look last week as I had a few beers in the Squirrel pub which is next door to the building. Yes far too small and confined,but really I was more commenting on location.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Really think and said at the time that's what CCC should have done when we were away.
Every ST holder/Trust member automatically own the ground, never to be sold or financed on.
Or as much as I’m against the councils actions, they should have handed control over to the club - income and expenditure, and charge a peppercorn rent £1 a year

Stays in the city’s hands and no dodgy owner can sell it off,

Users who are viewing this thread