Interesting article of Trevor Francis (3 Viewers)

clint van damme

Blimey, that's a long time to hold a grudge. Are you sure you're not a Sunderland fan? :)

it is, and there were people I didn't like back then who I now have a lot of time for, unfortunately francis has done nothing to redeem himself!

Grendel

IIRC our bid for Francis was cash plus 3 players. I think that 2 of them were Harry Roberts and Jim Hagan, but that may be my memory playing tricks.

Wow. I’m amazed they didn’t snatch our hands off

oscillatewildly

Blimey, that's a long time to hold a grudge. Are you sure you're not a Sunderland fan? :)
I'm with Clint on this one - grudges run deep. I still find it hard to warm to Ian wright, not over what he said about us - that was laughable but that time at Highbury when he deliberately put his knee into Oggy's face in a goal mouth scramble. It was yards in front of us, no question of his intention.
Don't get me started on Nicky Summerbee..... And there was that time Charlie Austin, playing for Burnley shouted at one of our ball boys.

NortonSkyBlue

I'm with Clint on this one - grudges run deep. I still find it hard to warm to Ian wright, not over what he said about us - that was laughable but that time at Highbury when he deliberately put his knee into Oggy's face in a goal mouth scramble. It was yards in front of us, no question of his intention.
Don't get me started on Nicky Summerbee..... And there was that time Charlie Austin, playing for Burnley shouted at one of our ball boys.
Get over it. Childish crap. I can understand those players holding a grudge, especially Frogatt, but supporters?

clint van damme

Get over it. Childish crap. I can understand those players holding a grudge, especially Frogatt, but supporters?

What the hell are you waffling about?
Football is no different to any other form of entertainment, there will always be heros and villains.
It's what gives people release from having to be sensible and considered in the way they conduct their life the other 90% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread