Inter Milan and Conte (1 Viewer)

RingoCCFC

Am I the only person completely baffled by how Inter Milan have the audacity to say ‘we’ll decide contes fate depending on his Europa performence’

Even if the guys getting a hefty paycheque he’s took them from being Birmingham on steroids to a top team since he arrived, all be it with good footballing additions but people wrote of Sanchez and Lakaku etc and look at the impact they’ve had there compared to Utd!

I’d be fuming if I was him, they seem ungrateful after the fact they’ve not even done anything in ten years and it’s clear since then their leagues evolved slightly alike that of the introduction to big money Man City but in the form of Juventus! I’d be happy to finish second, what’s with all these clubs these days expecting the best results over night, I understand if you’re reputable and fighting relegation but to be ‘sassy’ over not finishing first and coming second to me just seems mad!

RingoCCFC

Very true that, watching Arsenal win the FA cup was like they’d just won a Fiat Punto for them all to share! Looked like they weren’t overly thrilled and it’s the FA cup!

I find the CL such an odd competition as teams flop that domestically are unreal! Man City have dropped their quality and skill from what they were a season or two ago but they were by far the best team I’d seen in ages and they couldn’t ever make the cut! I reckon they’ll flop to Lyon!

Talking about Conti... even Sarri despite as you mentioned having so much support and disgustingly expensive players is getting slammed to resign! Just shows that fans of these ‘super league’ clubs and their owners do care more for that than the league. Baffles me but makes me wonder if we will one day see a super league with all these changes to the game recently!

Brighton Sky Blue

Not surprised, was reading the La Gazzetta Dello Sport last week and there was an opinion piece about how badly he’d failed, crazy.

They crawled over the finish line in Serie A and with the kind of advantage they have over the rest I can see why they binned him off.

no_loyalty

Pirlo appointed as the new Juventus manager on a two year deal.

RingoCCFC

Pirlo appointed as the new Juventus manager on a two year deal.

I can’t rate Sarri he didn’t do to bad at Napoli, but I can’t see how Pirlo is going to be their knight in shining armour.

Fair to the comment made that they scrambled across the finishing line with them players but Inter Milan also did really well... I don’t get how clubs expect managers to do well when they don’t give them time to even settle in and develop a team of players that work for them.

Ronaldo’s goal was unreal but he’s an old cocky prick for footballing standards I can see him going at into his late 30’s like an Akifenwa but I wouldn’t personally want him for the money he costs... could get a few more impacting youngsters all for the price of him and his OTT attitude.

Sick Boy

I’ve also read over here that there was issues with Ronaldo and Sarri that caused disruption.
Inter have also done excellently the last. couple of years.

RingoCCFC

I’ve also read over here that there was issues with Ronaldo and Sarri that caused disruption.

Yeah I did see that, Sarri doesn’t seem like the guy that really would let Ronaldo play his big boy bossy role as he seems quite stern with players he manages but albeit at the expense of them not liking him.

The Pochettino rumour would be a smart one for them long term, not sure he’d be the sort of guy that’d really have ideally wanted someone like Ronaldo but I can see his managerial style doing well there.

Covstu

Yep I bet Ronaldo has a lot of sway in decision making over there

RingoCCFC

Yep I bet Ronaldo has a lot of sway in decision making over there

He’s a good player but he’s a twat, should have just stayed at Real Madrid! Now this PSG speculation going around I could actually see that happening maybe one day as he’s such an attention seeker.

I’d hate to manage a club with him in if you can just tell and see that he thinks he’s the manager and has little respect for them.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I can’t rate Sarri he didn’t do to bad at Napoli, but I can’t see how Pirlo is going to be their knight in shining armour.

Fair to the comment made that they scrambled across the finishing line with them players but Inter Milan also did really well... I don’t get how clubs expect managers to do well when they don’t give them time to even settle in and develop a team of players that work for them.

Ronaldo’s goal was unreal but he’s an old cocky prick for footballing standards I can see him going at into his late 30’s like an Akifenwa but I wouldn’t personally want him for the money he costs... could get a few more impacting youngsters all for the price of him and his OTT attitude.

Never thought i'd see Cristiano Ronaldo and Akinfenwa mentioned together, what a partnership that could have been! :LOL:

I really hope someone can break Juve's grip on Serie A next season, Inter look most likely but it's still a big gap to bridge.

Covstu

He’s a good player but he’s a twat, should have just stayed at Real Madrid! Now this PSG speculation going around I could actually see that happening maybe one day as he’s such an attention seeker.

I’d hate to manage a club with him in if you can just tell and see that he thinks he’s the manager and has little respect for them.
He’s an awesome player who has tested himself at every level. He moved from Madrid at the right time, would love to see him back at United even for a season

RingoCCFC

I'll never understand why people negatively judge Ronaldo the player based on Ronaldo the man.

I don’t disagree he’s a good player but there’s a level of professional courtesy you’d expect a professional to have at times surrounding how the teams managed I know it’s common in football for the big boys to make their stance known as even Messi does that!

He does win trophies that’s true! That’s why I hate that so many people compare Zidane as being one of the best managers in the world as he’s not really had to prove himself in my eyes really due to the players and the money at his disposal.

Man Utd and PSG would be the only teams that could afford to and would willingly want to pay that money for someone of his age. Think if he was to ever move again though it’d be to PSG!

Never thought i'd see Cristiano Ronaldo and Akinfenwa mentioned together, what a partnership that could have been! :LOL:

I really hope someone can break Juve's grip on Serie A next season, Inter look most likely but it's still a big gap to bridge.

Haha well I meant solely based on their age and still playing, that duo would be amusing to see in the championship! 🤣

Me too, I think Inter will improve if they don’t fire a Conte, honestly they’d be stupid to even considerdoing it... with retaining the lads they’ve got and bringing in reinforcements I think they’ll stand a good chance... I mean 1pt off is super unlucky and I do think this season Inter were by far the better team overall! I honestly when he got Young and Lakaku and Sanchez I was like ‘this’ll be a flop!’ But I’m very left surprised!

I do think they’ll win the Europa, Sevilla and Wolves could surprise though! Will be an interesting game today!

covcity4life

Inter are my Italian team to follow and they have not said europa performance will decide conte fate

They said will sit down to talk after europa to talk a bout his rant. Just to focus for now thats all.

I too would be dissapointed of he goes as clearly everything is falling into place for them now. But not wrong with parking the awkward conversation for a few weeks

Thry went ahead and made Sanchez permanent a d he is a conte request so i think he will stay but he needs go reign in his club attacks a little

Travs

Atlanta and Lazio are same level as Inter Milan. But i also think the main challenge is likely to come from Inter, i think they have the potential to be consistent enough.

Lazio always got calamity potential, and Atlalanta (my team) play stunning football but usually at the expense of solidarity in defence.

Users who are viewing this thread