Insomnia (1 Viewer)

robbiekeane

Struggling with sleep atm badly. Obviously linked to some stress at work but sometimes even when I haven’t had a stressful day I just can’t sleep.

Sometimes wake up in the middle of the night when I need to pee and then can take an hour to get to sleep if I can at all. Tried to put the phone away at least an hour before bed but end up just watching tv. I do read but unrealistic to assume I’ll do that every single night. Tried calm, headspace, doesn’t seem to work.

Driving me crazy

CCFCSteve

Struggling with sleep atm badly. Obviously linked to some stress at work but sometimes even when I haven’t had a stressful day I just can’t sleep.

Sometimes wake up in the middle of the night when I need to pee and then can take an hour to get to sleep if I can at all. Tried to put the phone away at least an hour before bed but end up just watching tv. I do read but unrealistic to assume I’ll do that every single night. Tried calm, headspace, doesn’t seem to work.

Driving me crazy

From speaking to mates I think a few people are really struggling with sleep at the moment. I’m the same with the waking up during the night for toilet stop and then not getting back off again for a while (one or two hours)

Sounds like you’re trying the usual stuff already, only other suggestion which works for some and not others, is CBD oil. Can sometimes help dull a busy mind a bit (similarly in the summer I have my standard hayfever tablet before bed, probably placebo effect but 🤷‍♂️). Try not to become reliant on anything though

Hope it improves soon

LastGarrison

I’ve been waking up pretty regularly (couple of times a week) for the last few months about 4ish and not getting back to sleep so go on my phone for an hour or so but then find myself dropping off and that that next hour/hour and half sleep is the best sleep I have.

All joking aside here RK but sometimes when I struggle to sleep a good old fashioned wank seems to help!

larry_david

Had this last night. Not sure if it's jab related though but ached like fuck and just couldn't sleep, last time I checked it was 4am. Typically at 7 when alarm goes off I could sleep within a second though

CCFCSteve

Always put a podcast on my phone when going to sleep.

Yeah, a mate does that. I just have some documentary or something on tv and usually nod off no probs. It’s the middle of the night wake ups that I gave the odd issue with....may try podcast for that as don’t really want to be sticking tv on at 3am

Sbarcher

I have a small flat pillow speaker which I sleep to R5 to all night. Doesn’t disturb the wife and it certainly seems to help having a low background noise. They are only a few quid

AOM

Have heard Calm is meant to be pretty good from others who struggle with sleep, but guess it doesn't work for everyone.
My sleep hasn't been great this week, but probably because of the hot weather

Knackering yourself out with exercise can help too

chiefdave

I used the Headspace app for a bit but there's less than 2 weeks worth of sleep casts on there that I use (don't like having a bloke talking me to sleep!) so it get repetitive fast. Tried podcasts but I end up listening to them rather than sleeping.

So its back to music. I really need to spend some time putting together some sleep playlist as having a sudden blast of Metallica or Maiden isn't helping!

rob9872

Is it a new Peter Andre release?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

This is pretty good, also the rainforest ones where it pisses it down for ten hours can usually help a bit.

I’ve always been someone who takes a while getting to sleep and have got a newborn so every second is now precious (hence why I’m posting at 3.33am), so needed something to send me off as quickly as possible once she’d dozed off. There’s some rain forest stuff on Spotify which works an absolute charm. Literally just called “rain on tent”. It’s always been probably my most peaceful sound so I’m out like a light. Would recommend trying it to see if it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

I’ve always struggled with sleep and tend to wake up around 2 to 4 and don’t get back to sleep for a couple of hours. Now if I’m awake up at 5 I just get up and start working.
I take melatonin which helps to a certain extent and seem to sleep deeper, which is something
@GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee I woke up at 5 today and found that on Spotify and before I knew it, it was 7:30 - nice one!

wingy

Seem over the worst of mine , probably run on for ten years of more .
Still do have difficulties at times.
Problem was mostly actually getting off to sleep in the first place

Grendel

Just read a few of the Tonester or PVA’s oh so earnest posts on the politic threads. Rigor Mortis is an inevitable consequence

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Spliff and a wank gets me off
Depends on who's giving me the wank. Try resting heavily on one arm then use that for a wank. Your arm will go numb and it feels like someone else is doing it! Doesn't help me sleep but it puts a smile on my face!

shmmeee

Depends on who's giving me the wank. Try resting heavily on one arm then use that for a wank. Your arm will go numb and it feels like someone else is doing it! Doesn't help me sleep but it puts a smile on my face!

Surely you sacrifice all grip and control there though?

robbiekeane

I’ve always been someone who takes a while getting to sleep and have got a newborn so every second is now precious (hence why I’m posting at 3.33am), so needed something to send me off as quickly as possible once she’d dozed off. There’s some rain forest stuff on Spotify which works an absolute charm. Literally just called “rain on tent”. It’s always been probably my most peaceful sound so I’m out like a light. Would recommend trying it to see if it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which one bud?

Attachments

• 9A056579-6EB4-4686-9D98-8FAA2B59A569.jpeg
    9A056579-6EB4-4686-9D98-8FAA2B59A569.jpeg
    800.9 KB · Views: 25

wingy

I love a bit of noise to help me sleep, last few days the fan has done the trick.
Yes probably last year I may benifited without realising tbf.
Last night was a problem for me.
Eventually got back up just after midnight, and found the little hiss I was hearing was a slightly open hot tap on the bath. 🙁

Hutch11

Sounds a bit daft but try looking at the back of your eyelids , it takes a lot of concentration which means you don't have a 1000 and 1 other things to think about
It actually works

robbiekeane

People who sit on the fucking balcony at 10 o clock at night having a massive natter dead loud like inconsiderate cunts when it’s well hot and everyone has their windows open. Fuck right off.

Am I an old man?

Users who are viewing this thread