Injuries (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Are they getting beasted at ryton? A fair few injuries so far and not many are impact injuries bar andreu. It makes it worse that he didn't need to over stretch for the ball :(

Kingokings204

Are they getting beasted at ryton? A fair few injuries so far and not many are impact injuries bar andreu. It makes it worse that he didn't need to over stretch for the ball :(

That's football Nick. All teams get them and it's bad luck also. That's life.

It's how you react to it as a team and it gives someone a chance to step up into a winning team. We win tonight without him quite comfortably.

Oh yea and also league 2 is fucking dog rough to play in.

skybluegod

Think nazon's might just be down to the fact he hasn't played a lot of football at this intensity, and may not be used to it.
McNulty just unlucky along with Andreu

Covstu

I think they need to be pushed more at training. Last year we were lack lustre and gutless. Just a shame it could cost us bodies during the season or just plain bad luck?

Paul Anthony

I know injuries are part and parcel of the game, but we always seem to have such rotten luck with them. Wasn't it a couple of seasons ago where it seemed every CB we had was out injured at some point? I don't know, it just seems like our record with injuries is pretty rotten.

steve82

Biamou Looked a different player tonight, tough and committed!

Apologies but I didn't see it. Baring the nice run through on goal and tidy finish I wasn't massively impressed.
Thought he lacked any decent movement to put himself into good positions other than the goal and lacked any urgency to do something.
Still the goal was very welcome and set us on our way.
Just my take on him tonight.

* my error... misread for nazon.

Last edited:

Si80

Apologies but I didn't see it. Baring the nice run through on goal and tidy finish I wasn't massively impressed.
Thought he lacked any decent movement to put himself into good positions other than the goal and lacked any urgency to do something.
Err you're talking about Nazon, not Biamou.

But I agree with your thoughts on Nazon.

Greggs

We talking about the same bloke?

JimmyHillsbeard

Or indeed your take on someone completely different? The quote is abt Biamou, Nazon scored the goal.

Cov kid 55

I know injuries are part and parcel of the game, but we always seem to have such rotten luck with them. Wasn't it a couple of seasons ago where it seemed every CB we had was out injured at some point? I don't know, it just seems like our record with injuries is pretty rotten.
You're right, I don't think we get a lot of luck in this respect. Just have to hope we have the strength in depth to cope.

chiefdave

Hopefully its just bad luck. Given that most of them seem to have happened in home games the last thing we need is for it to turn out its something to do with the pitch. There's been problems in the past with hybrid pitches leading to things like twisted knees but the technology has moved on massively since those days so shouldn't be an issue.

no_loyalty

Kyel Reid is injured and has returned to City for assessment

skybluegod

Kyel Reid is injured and has returned to City for assessment

I have never understood why the parent club looks after the injured player? Surely Colchester have a Medical department, so why do we pick up the bill when he was injured playing for them?

Users who are viewing this thread