Injuries (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I was wondering how this lockdown would be affecting the injuries to the likes of Jodi and Jobello?

The extra time for them to get fit before resuming (which is looking very, very unlikely now anyway) would be a help but with the restrictions their rehab could be being badly affected and things tightening up as they can't get as much exercise etc putting them further behind. I assume they can't see the physio or go in for work either so are having to do whatever they can at home.

chiefdave

I was wondering how this lockdown would be affecting the injuries to the likes of Jodi and Jobello?

The extra time for them to get fit before resuming (which is looking very, very unlikely now anyway) would be a help but with the restrictions their rehab could be being badly affected and things tightening up as they can't get as much exercise etc putting them further behind. I assume they can't see the physio or go in for work either so are having to do whatever they can at home.
The players will have individual plans which will be fine for general fitness. I guess in some ways it could help Jones catch up if the rest of the squad is going to need a mini pre-season he will be able to join in and will be closer to everyone else's level. Think Jobello is still a couple of months away and only doing fitness stuff anyway so won't make much difference to him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The reason I'm worried about Jones is that the nature of his injury I imagine he was doing a lot of strengthening work around his knee to protect it and if he can't have that monitored at training I fear it may create a weakness that could aggravate the injury (or even worse make it reoccur) when they go back. Obviously he will be monitored when they get back and he'll be following a fitness plan at home but I just fear that the intensive rehabilitaion he would have been receiving for it has been disrupted and make it more likely to re-occur.

cc84cov

The reason I'm worried about Jones is that the nature of his injury I imagine he was doing a lot of strengthening work around his knee to protect it and if he can't have that monitored at training I fear it may create a weakness that could aggravate the injury (or even worse make it reoccur) when they go back. Obviously he will be monitored when they get back and he'll be following a fitness plan at home but I just fear that the intensive rehabilitaion he would have been receiving for it has been disrupted and make it more likely to re-occur.
He will still be doing stuff to work on it mate the extra time off is not a bad thing in his case

covboy1987

You would always be tempted to push someone like Jodi forward as he woiuld have been chomping at the bit to be involved - The extra unplanned break will have a player that should be 100% over his injury - That extra few months might make all the diffrence

covboy1987

You would always be tempted to push someone like Jodi forward as he woiuld have been chomping at the bit to be involved - The extra unplanned break will have a player that should be 100% over his injury - That extra few months might make all the diffrence
Also don’t forget we have altogether 4 players out with similar injuries all due back shortly - Jodi Jones - Dan Bartlett - Wesley Jobello- Reise Allassani - They will all be chomping at the bit to be involved as we haven’t see the best of any of them

cc84cov

Also don’t forget we have altogether 4 players out with similar injuries all due back shortly - Jodi Jones - Dan Bartlett - Wesley Jobello- Reise Allassani - They will all be chomping at the bit to be involved as we haven’t see the best of any of them
Jones is due back shortly the rest not so

Legia Sky Blue

Alassani has played his last game for the club. Unlucky with injuries but ridiculously overrated by some on here.

stevefloyd

Unlike Kasta who will be chomping on anything

Skybluefaz

Alassani has played his last game for the club. Unlucky with injuries but ridiculously overrated by some on here.
I watched him in an under 23 game with Chaplin and Baka playing and he looked the best player on the pitch. I just would have liked to see him given a bit more time off the bench for the first team or feature in cup games. No drama though, I trust Robins.

Reactions: AOM

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I’d actually forgot about Allaisani and Bartlett. Like forgot about them, not just their injury!

Wow how times have changed! If I was still commentating I’d be a proper ‘Clive’ for getting players names so just calling them the first thing that comes into my head!

CovUpNorth

I see Jodi Jones pretty much everyday training I.e. running etc. I’ve seen him with someone whom looks like a personal trainer, doing shuttle sprints, distance running etc , he looks fit as a fiddle to me.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I’d actually forgot about Allaisani and Bartlett. Like forgot about them, not just their injury!

Wow how times have changed! If I was still commentating I’d be a proper ‘Clive’ for getting players names so just calling them the first thing that comes into my head!

Agree, East 17.

Users who are viewing this thread