Indemnity and all that (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Our match day revenues shouldn't end up in their pockets anyway.

Which again is an issue. Also an issue will be the amount of rent paid - Wasps will only really profit in our rental payments

Sky Blue Pete

The NDA doesn't make any difference to the local media. It's out there as a fact that it's a sticking point so they can still do an article on it.
I think that’s absolutely right and if the replies form wasps and Sisu are no comment that’s fine and they should be included. I’ve often wondered who insisted on the nda and who it helps. I have a number of opinions now but I’m still no closer to the reasons why and who it helps. Bizarre that cwr or local press don’t want to push it though and cover the issue that appears to be why ccfc are playing away from coventry isn’t it?

Grendel

The NDA doesn't make any difference to the local media. It's out there as a fact that it's a sticking point so they can still do an article on it.

Regarding the indemnity it’s a smokescreen

Grendel

I think that’s absolutely right and if the replies form wasps and Sisu are no comment that’s fine and they should be included. I’ve often wondered who insisted on the nda and who it helps. I have a number of opinions now but I’m still no closer to the reasons why and who it helps. Bizarre that looks cwr or press don’t want to push it though

I don’t think an NDA would have been signed AFTER the statements made regarding the indemnity - I simply don’t believe it

Grendel

From what I'm seeing here 'Neil White' has a doctorate in it

CJ is at it again - saying statement needs Sisu to drop future action against all potentially impacted parties and not just Wasps - knowing full well that’s something they will not agree to

Grendel

Neils interesting. Context is always key but what on earth did he mean by saying it’s not the role of the trust to support the club!!!!

He means the actual club in terms of its owners

Nick

Administrator
I think that’s absolutely right and if the replies form wasps and Sisu are no comment that’s fine and they should be included. I’ve often wondered who insisted on the nda and who it helps. I have a number of opinions now but I’m still no closer to the reasons why and who it helps. Bizarre that cwr or local press don’t want to push it though and cover the issue that appears to be why ccfc are playing away from coventry isn’t it?

Exactly.

Put out the questions asked if Wasps refuse to answer then tell everybody they refuse to answer them. Instead they just stay quiet and claim they have pressured them about it.

Sky Blue Pete

Exactly.

Put out the questions asked if Wasps refuse to answer then tell everybody they refuse to answer them. Instead they just stay quiet and claim they have pressured them about it.
Whilst conversations are taking place with those involved I do think pressure on cwr and local media should continue. No one needs to go over the top but one caller each phone in asking about why the story hasn’t been covered would do it. Maybe tweeting Simon Gilbert is a good idea.

Grendel

I think the outcome here will be very predictable

Terry Gibson's perm

This is what Wasps think of it all:

"Any and all profit gets creamed off and sent to a tax haven. They add nothing to the city. They are a cancer, taking and taking and taking until there’s nothing left."

"Wasps have bent over backwards to accommodate the football club only to have it continually thrown back in their face. Don't understand the constant stream of people connected to CCFC who just say they want to be back at the Ricoh as if they had no idea why the current situation arose."

Ignorance is the first enemy here.

Is the first statement about wasps themselves?

Nick

Administrator
I think the outcome here will be very predictable

You mean the same as every other time?

"We will listen"
"We are working on something"
"FUCKING SISU RAR RAR RAR, wasps please help"
"We told Wasps and pressured them in our statement - look, it says Wasps"

Ring Of Steel

Well the one thing that stands out to me is that there is too much jargon, too many intricate details & subplots, the Trust seem to get off on being 'in the know', while the huge glaring, immediate issue- the indemnity- is getting no exposure at all, apart from a few people from here doing their utmost to try to get people who could do something to do something. In terms of next steps for raising awareness, if we wait for something to happen then all that will transpire is people will obfuscate (my new word for the day) more, and wait for this loophole or that loophole to be resolved before anything constructive happens.

I'd suggest that waiting around isn't going to achieve anything- if an update is due in March then that would give a bit of time to come up with something. And whatever it is, while courteous and professional, it is made 100% clear that the issue is not going to be swept under the carpet, we are being treated like idiots, it will not be allowed to be swept under the carpet and a huge, glittering free national advertisement is just around the corner.

Sky Blue Pete

Well the one thing that stands out to me is that there is too much jargon, too many intricate details & subplots, the Trust seem to get off on being 'in the know', while the huge glaring, immediate issue- the indemnity- is getting no exposure at all, apart from a few people from here doing their utmost to try to get people who could do something to do something. In terms of next steps for raising awareness, if we wait for something to happen then all that will transpire is people will obfuscate (my new word for the day) more, and wait for this loophole or that loophole to be resolved before anything constructive happens.

I'd suggest that waiting around isn't going to achieve anything- if an update is due in March then that would give a bit of time to come up with something. And whatever it is, while courteous and professional, it is made 100% clear that the issue is not going to be swept under the carpet, we are being treated like idiots, it will not be allowed to be swept under the carpet and a huge, glittering free national advertisement is just around the corner.
I’ve only said March cause I think that’s fair to allow parties to be aware that if things are happening saying so publicly would be useful and if not then it’s only fair to wait for so long before saying come on what’s happening sky Blue pete

Last edited:

tisza

CJ is at it again - saying statement needs Sisu to drop future action against all potentially impacted parties and not just Wasps - knowing full well that’s something they will not agree to
Stupid. If CCC are found to be in the wrong then they've cost the club a lot of money. Club shouldn't give up it's ability to recoup those damages if they have resulted from illegal actions.
These people are the same ones bitching about player sales to cover losses.
Ofc the judgment goes in favour of council then the pressure is back on SISU.

Reactions: vow

Ring Of Steel

Stupid. If CCC are found to be in the wrong then they've cost the club a lot of money. Club shouldn't give up it's ability to recoup those damages if they have resulted from illegal actions.

Thats a very interesting point. I don't think our owners are particularly noted for their warm & fuzzy relationship with the council. If CCC are found in the wrong then there is redress to be considered.

Grendel

The statement will say it’s a trade off to drop an indemnity if the clubs owners drop future action against all parties. It knows this will be rejected by the owners and they will say wasps have done all they could and now it’s target Sisu only

Ring Of Steel

Exactly.

Yep. I think a fair few people would make up their own minds when they refused to answer.

It doesn't even need to be a long winded question, in fact the simpler the better.

"Is it true that you would like Coventry City to be liable for any costs arising from a transaction which was solely connected to Coventry City Council and Wasps?"

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Yep. I think a fair few people would make up their own minds when they refused to answer.

Yet the Trust failed to mention that part until I asked CJ about 20 times and refused to take his bullshit as an answer.

It was all SISU, SISU, SISU.

Some people seem very desperate to not have things discussed or certain parties to look bad.

Liquid Gold

Yet the Trust failed to mention that part until I asked CJ about 20 times and refused to take his bullshit as an answer.

It was all SISU, SISU, SISU.

Some people seem very desperate to not have things discussed or certain parties to look bad.
Should ask CJ who posts using the account. I bet the answer will be "a few people have the password, not sure who's using at at the mo, I'l check"

Ring Of Steel

Here's another snippet from the Wasps forum, lovely bunch they are:

"Perhaps the football club might like to try developing the Ikea site once the big blue and yellow box closes down.
13.gif
"

Grendel

Should ask CJ who posts using the account. I bet the answer will be "a few people have the password, not sure who's using at at the mo, I'l check"

He will probably express surprise the account even exists

Nick

Administrator

The same person he had to beg to tweet about the Season Ticket fundraiser....
The same person who seems to have a thing for Blackpool fans...

Sky Blue Pete

Why walk away then?
Who walked away?

I know we’ve assumed Sisu are financially pressuring wasps by leaving so why aren’t wasps saying this publicly or is everyone playing who has the biggest knob

Grendel

Why walk away then?
Who walked away?

I know we’ve assumed Sisu are financially pressuring wasps by leaving so why aren’t wasps saying this publicly or is everyone playing who has the biggest knob

We have very little impact on the wasps finances in reality

Skyblueweeman

As a side note, we should be continuing to try and address the whole point of the trust. We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that they really need a shakedown, top to bottom.

Reactions: vow

tisza

Why walk away then?
Who walked away?

We don't have much of an impact on Wasps finances atm. Knock-on effect of promotions would improve their finances if we were tenants.
Wasps have their own financial issues. Significant parts of the income streams projected for their bond scheme haven't come to fruition. This new external investment in Premier Rugby has been a shot in the arm but is only a short term fix.
Behind all this it needs to be remembered there was a commercial deal in place acceptable to both sides for the short term. Indemnity scuppered the deal., not the finances etc.
Cynic in me thinks SISU also moved to increase the damages they would look to recoup if CCC lose.
The other point often overlooked is that SISU may genuinely believe they have been screwed. The relationship with ACL was toxic before Wasps came along. ACL releasing a statement telling them to pack their bags and get out of the city (around the Sixfields debacle).
Still a lot of info that is hidden behind NDAs that predate this latest situation.
Still obvious that all sides are prepared to treat CCFC fans as collateral damage in order to "win".

eastwoodsdustman

Personally, I think that now we have alerted the various media outlets about our plight, we'd be better off doing something a bit more high profile and maybe attending a wasps game 'en masse' to highlight the situation, Maybe even trying to get hold of Eastwood to discuss the matter too if we could. They have a home game on Friday 21st Feb which could be the one to attend. They'd certainly not want to see Local news camera's there and CWR will be there already to report on the game.
You can forget about the telegraph, they're a waste of time and in the council/wasps pockets but if local and national media attended then they might just decide to move a bit more. We all know how afraid of adverse publicity they are, its just a shame that the local paper is so complicit in their line of defence.

Users who are viewing this thread