Incoming - Tyler Walker (2 Viewers)

The Reverend Skyblue

I have a feeling that these latest investments are coming out of the proposed Wilson move to Spurs which I hear is very close to being rubber stamped.

Briles

Great news, Now just a new goalkeeper 2 cbs a left back attacking and defensive mid plus another striker and our fans will be happy 👍

Gibbo

This is very much Robins' choice, like Chaplin was. Robins gets his man - eventually.

1. Surely Max is on his way
2. Walker is similar to Godden (so not like, say Chaplin) if you look at the clips. Looks very mobile.
3. Defensive midfielder to come in and we're ready to go.
4. Maybe some younger ones out on loans (Bapaga, Young for instance).

robbiethemole

giphy.gif
Kelly’s meat?

Happy_Martian

I'd been worried that while we'd strengthened in some places, we were still playing with the team that got promoted. And that would have put us in the bottom teams of the Championship (in my opinion, yours may vary). This signing is bringing me around to consider we may just surprise some people, including ourselves.

#RobinsIsTheNewMessiah

#NoHesNotHesAVeryNaughtyBoy :)

Gibbo

Assuming we play the familiar 3-4-3 with Allen & O'Hare on the flanks in the front third, who gets the nod in the centre, Godden or Walker?

If it is Walker it will mean for various reasons, and for the fourth season in a row, the previous season's top scorer will not feature - Thomas - sold, NcNulty - sold, Hiwula - dropped and eventually offloaded, Godden - replaced?

Who needs continuity?

Terry Gibson's perm

A Friday signing very nice. Another one through the door without any rumours appearing in the local papers it’s as if the club throw them a few names and then sign somebody else.

I can’t remember what I said when he didn’t sign before but happy he has now.

Evo1883

Assuming we play the familiar 3-4-3 with Allen & O'Hare on the flanks in the front third, who gets the nod in the centre, Godden or Walker?

If it is Walker it will mean for various reasons, and for the fourth season in a row, the previous season's top scorer will not feature - Thomas - sold, NcNulty - sold, Hiwula - dropped and eventually offloaded, Godden - replaced?

Who needs continuity?

Godden is 28/29 walker is 23... The future is bright, healthy competition and at times in pre season we've switched to a 3412, they will play together alot this season I'd assume

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Surprised it was on a perm. Didn't think we'd have the cash for that but if the money from the Sheaf deal is back in the coffers + potential unexpected windfalls from JCH and Wilson we've pushed the boat out.

This signing makes the Chaplin one look positively quick.

On a similar note I remember last year the 'scouting' said he wasn't the biggest and worked best as a pairing, like Chaplin, so wonder if we're seeing a change in formation?

Happy with that though. Team building probably nearly done now apart from maybe a loan for CDM and RWB.

Somerset Sky Blue

We must remember that this season is compacted, many weeks will involve midweek and Saturday games, so having two 'first choice' strikers with backups such as Max and Baka (or one might go), would probably be a sound idea. Injuries, suspensions or freshening the side up will all play a part here, as would possibly playing two up front (though some suggest they might be too similar for this).
Overall, I'm very pleased with this signing!

skyblueelephant76

Surprised it was on a perm. Didn't think we'd have the cash for that but if the money from the Sheaf deal is back in the coffers + potential unexpected windfalls from JCH and Wilson we've pushed the boat out.

This signing makes the Chaplin one look positively quick.

On a similar note I remember last year the 'scouting' said he wasn't the biggest and worked best as a pairing, like Chaplin, so wonder if we're seeing a change in formation?

Happy with that though. Team building probably nearly done now apart from maybe a loan for CDM and RWB.
He's 6ft 1in and mostly played as a lone striker for Lincoln

RegTheDonk

Was happy as a pig in s*it at the end of the season but worried about the step up. Getting to feel more confient that we're strengthening where needed. Great stuff, should give us more options.

Mucca Mad Boys

which lets be honest, we were never going to get, this is the next best thing and he did score against Leeds last seaosn.

Clubs like ourselves need to sign players who have the ability to step up.

Realistically, we probably cannot compete with other Championship teams for proven Championship strikers.

I really like this signing, despite rejecting us last season. In L2, he scored 22 in 44. Season after, scored 14 in 29 for an average Lincoln team. Whilst he probably wasn’t ready for Nottingham's first team, he seems to be ready for the next step up.

Personally, I can see Gooden having a good season too because he’s got good, natural finishing ability.

Good job recruitment team. Just as we were getting concerned!

Users who are viewing this thread