Transfer Rumour Incoming - Callum O'Hare - Season Loan (1 Viewer)

Mr Panda

No one has said he isn’t.

If you play a 4-3-3 and one of those middle three is a CAM that isn’t expected to track back etc then the midfield will be over-run. If you play a 4-3-3 in this league the middle 3 need to work forward and back (types like Allen, Kelly, Westbrooke, Shipley). O’Hare might be able to play that role but it’s not a CAM which is apparently what he is.

Formations are a little more fluid than that. I don't think anyone defends with a 4-3-3...It'll probably be a change between 4-5-1 whilst on the defense and 4-2-3-1 once we move into attack.

I have been interested in football since about the age of 13, played very little actual football but spent whole days of my life on Football Manager.

Reactions: vow

shmmeee

Ahh, I did get there, but used an alternative route.

Captain America - Winter Solider - In winter sometimes planes are diverted from Chicago. Chicago's main airport is O'Hare. O'Hare - a man called Callum once caught a plane - Callum O'Hare.

Piece of piss.

A picture of Chicago airport was my original thought but it was too obvious.

torchomatic

SkyblueTexan

Excited by this loan move (for the rest of the season too!!). Seems to have a great engine and covers loads of space. Think he can go straight into Saturday's match with Gillingham. Would give us a huge lift as well.

Cov kid 55

That Sheffield Utd game still bugs me, we were on a long unbeaten run by that point and it wasn't long after that we had the vital Walsall and Burton home games where we only took a point and the wheels fell off the season.
This game was a nightmare, after the sending off that never was, we scored, ball well over the line, but the linesman missed it, we’d have been 1 up. We outplayed them for most of the match, their winner came from a corner, when the ball ricocheted onto Billy Sharpe’s back and into the net. One of the unluckiest games I’ve seen.

letsallsingtogether

Villa fan at work said he is quality said the same about all their new signings so must be shit;)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Just nipped on their forum to see what they are saying and most seem to think that we are still in league two.
I think if anything sums up our 'rivalry' perfectly it's this. They literally don't care about us in the slightest. In fact, most my mates who are Villa fans actively want us to do well as more of a sympathy thing than anything else. Anyone the right side of 30 basically won't remember us playing them, but we still sing 'Shit on the Villa' every game.

shmmeee

I think if anything sums up our 'rivalry' perfectly it's this. They literally don't care about us in the slightest. In fact, most my mates who are Villa fans actively want us to do well as more of a sympathy thing than anything else. Anyone the right side of 30 basically won't remember us playing them, but we still sing 'Shit on the Villa' every game.

Since when was under 30 the right side?? :p

block16

Spot on, I find it so embarrassing. Literally not a rivalry at all makes us looks tinpot

ccfc1234

Spot on, I find it so embarrassing. Literally not a rivalry at all makes us looks tinpot
Not a rivalry atm but I remember them coming to highfield road when I was young and there is something that makes this the real local derby I want to play every week. Sh@t on the villa is still sung often and rightly so.
Appreciate the loan of what looks like a decent player

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It was more of a rivalry around the 1990's becuase it was often just us and Villa in the top flight. Birmingham, Wolves and West Brom were in the 'wilderness' like we are now at the time so we were the closest team. Had any of those come up during that time our rivalry would have sat on the back burner for them. Fact we got relegated as most of those began to get on the up again just made it even easier to forget it.

Not sure why we still have such a massive thing about it.

DannyThomas_1981

I mostly agree with Dreamer on this. The rivalry with Villa seemed a little contrived to me even in the 90s. Villa were focused on other teams in Birmingham etc. We needed to manufacture a rivalry - not saying though there wasn't an edge by the time we were relegated.

I also don't recall Sunderland being mentioned as a grudge team until very recent years - whipped up on the internet and resulting today in the Football Factory wannabes living out a few fantasies on match day.

So the question is - who is our biggest true rival?

In the early 80s I remember matches vs. Birmingham not being for the faint hearted - and for the record my involvement was limited to leaving matches early with my Dad to 'avoid the trouble.' At least that was the idea - unfortunately the hoolies had similar ideas so we naively got ourselves caught in the middle of violent fights and charging police horses. Much to my Dad's horror. I was young enough to find it pretty exciting - after all no one is really going to target a 10 year old.

Leicester I guess would be another candidate for local rivals. But I think they generally see Forest as their rival and not us.

When we drew Wolves in the League Cup in the mid 90s (we obviously lost) there was an old time hooligan a few seats down who kept pointing to their Kop end and boasting as to how he'd taken it.....so I'm sure there was some kind of rivalry there dating back to the 70s. But I don't think Wolves in any sense see us as a true rival.

I'm about to go into Grendel territory and say 'we're so shite we actually can't find anyone to take us seriously as a true rival.'

theferret

I mostly agree with Dreamer on this. The rivalry with Villa seemed a little contrived to me even in the 90s. Villa were focused on other teams in Birmingham etc. We needed to manufacture a rivalry - not saying though there wasn't an edge by the time we were relegated.

I also don't recall Sunderland being mentioned as a grudge team until very recent years - whipped up on the internet and resulting today in the Football Factory wannabes living out a few fantasies on match day.

In the early 80s I remember matches vs. Birmingham not being for the faint hearted - and for the record my involvement was limited to leaving matches early with my Dad to 'avoid the trouble.' At least that was the idea - unfortunately the hoolies had similar ideas so we naively got ourselves caught in the middle of violent fights and charging police horses. Much to my Dad's horror. I was young enough to find it pretty exciting - after all no one is really going to target a 10 year old.

Leicester I guess would be another candidate for local rivals. But I think they generally see Forest as their rival and not us.

When we drew Wolves in the League Cup in the mid 90s (we obviously lost) there was an old time hooligan a few seats down who kept pointing to their Kop end and boasting as to how he'd taken it.....so I'm sure there was some kind of rivalry there dating back to the 70s. But I don't think Wolves in any sense see us as a true rival.

I'm about to go into Grendel territory and say 'we're so shite we actually can't find anyone to take us seriously as a true rival.'

You're over analysing it. It's simply a quirk of geography. We don't have a natural rival, much like Leicester. I've not met a Forest or Derby fan who gives a toss about them. I have, however, met Leicester fans who hate us with a passion, but then others don't care that much; but it's the closest thing we have to a rivalry that's reciprocated to an extent.

Villa was fun while it lasted, but as FP said, there was definitely an edge to those games in the 90s.

Sunderland, whipped up by them over recent years. That will die away over time.

SkyblueBazza

Maybe you were not in an environment like I was. Thrust into an apprenticeship in the Black Country...& it was always a question - "who do you support" & the answer from Vile fans always gained an arrogant scoff, ridicule or incredulous "really"?

Coventry (I was one of two), Baggies, Blues, Wolves & even Walsall fans all had some kind of mutual respect for each other - Vile fans just sneered

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

speedie87

Playing villa in late 80’s early 90’s was the best atmosphere at highfield road. Only games booing when other team has the ball. Remember villa fans singing big fat ron’s Claret and blue army the whole of half time once too

mrtrench

'

Always used to be Leicester when I lived in Cov in the 70s. We'd sing:

' We hate <opposing team> and we hate <opposing team>...' (I remember the tune but don't know what it is. Ended with 'we are the <opp team> haters')
'and Leicester' was interjected on the second line.

Never recall anything about Villa. But they were in Division 2. Leicester were in Division 1.

curly_tom

Always used to be Leicester when I lived in Cov in the 70s. We'd sing:

' We hate <opposing team> and we hate <opposing team>...' (I remember the tune but don't know what it is. Ended with 'we are the <opp team> haters')
'and Leicester' was interjected on the second line.

Never recall anything about Villa. But they were in Division 2. Leicester were in Division 1.

I always thought it was " and we hope Leicester, hate us"

curly_tom

I remember the Villa rivalry being very real in the 90s. I think it was mostly form our side though, the thing that is forgotten here though is that we hated them because we had never beaten them in our history until...I want to say '98...when we beat them 1-0 in the cup and Moldovan got the only goal, we then beat them in the league a year or so later. Facts may be wrong but that was the gist....

Terry_dactyl

I remember the Villa rivalry being very real in the 90s. I think it was mostly form our side though, the thing that is forgotten here though is that we hated them because we had never beaten them in our history until...I want to say '98...when we beat them 1-0 in the cup and Moldovan got the only goal, we then beat them in the league a year or so later. Facts may be wrong but that was the gist....
Surely we’d only never beaten them at Villa Park?

ccfcway

It was important in the 90s, isn’t now. I for one miss it. I used to go every week

Hang on, we talking Woolworths ?

Users who are viewing this thread