Incentive led stadium ownership (2 Viewers)

BackRoomRummermill

Do they automatically take over the mortgage.
Or can they face competition for that.

In theory anyone could buy the stadium or finance it if they have the clout. Indeed many comanies are owned and propped up by the like of http://www.rutlandpartners.com/ just check out the site and see who they back up and you will see some names you will know. There are planty of other companies like this. They are not a VC they are turnaround and get tax breaks from the HMRC

I know I will email them LOL see what they say !

DazzleTommyDazzle

The stadium is worth what somebody is prepared to pay.
What has been paid and invested in the past when money grew on trees doesn't matter.

Funny, that's what I keep saying about the value of the football club when people keep saying it would cost £30/40/50m to buy it because "that's what SISU put in ".

Godiva

Funny, that's what I keep saying about the value of the football club when people keep saying it would cost £30/40/50m to buy it because "that's what SISU put in ".

The club is worth nothing at this point. No buyers and sisu aren't selling. I think that is pretty obvious to everybody.

torchomatic

Their £40M has gone down a big hole.

valiant15

Godiva,if you or i were to come along and offer sisu say 25 million,do you think they would sell? If not,why do you think they want to keep hold of the club?

Godiva

Godiva,if you or i were to come along and offer sisu say 25 million,do you think they would sell? If not,why do you think they want to keep hold of the club?

I don't think they would take it - even though we are nice guys and even if we were good for the money.
Why would they sell?
At this point they are close to have the club running on its own. They have two experienced guys at the helm and their own involvement is minimal.
If the club gets the stadium, gets promoted and start making a profit there would be even less incentive to sell at less their investments.

But it could change pretty quick - if ACL pulls the plug the situation would be completely different. But in that case, finding anyone with 25mio or even £1 to take over a club with negative income, no home, sitting in the relegation zone (due to 10 point deduction) of third division and with a dwindling fanbase having to commute long for their home games ... well, that will be mission impossible.

Astute

They didn't take on 40m debt. Most of our debts were wiped out when they took over.

stupot07

I agree it would take some serious investment.
However what would the Ricoh and CCFC in the premiership be worth.
Not all clubs do it irresponsibly, although I agree a lot do.
But look at Norwich and West Brom.

West Brom were a Yo-Yo club for years accepting relegation and then promotion and used it to stabilise their books.

Re: Norwich I did say that some clubs manage to maintain momentum to stay up for 1 maybe 2 seasons but in the end they all lose momentum and spend to try to stay up.

Users who are viewing this thread