In Times of Austerity (1 Viewer)

Grendel

It's nice to know our caring government can spend time trying to re-introduce fox hunting.

You would assume the government had bigger and more important issues to address. Clearly not. I'm surprised the odious hunt obsessed Cameron doesn't try and get some other charming pastimes re-introduced such as bear baiting and cock fighting.

I am not a fan of the neo Marxist Sturgeon - not until now.

Bore off Cameron. Oh Boar hunting - another thing no doubt he'd love to be back on the agenda.

wingy

Loved the graphic on ITV news which recreated what I think was from Election material, substituting Milliband for Cameron
on the the end of puppet strings and Sturgeon pulling them.
It's based on Class warfare Isn't It?

chiefdave

The polls seem to be running around 80% against, not sure how any MP can vote yes and claim to be representing the electorate if that's representative.

Pisses me off that he's allowed to move the vote as he was going to lose. Plus it was supposed to be a free vote and now he's making noises about watching out for which tories don't follow his lead.

Grendel

Cameron is an expert stag hunter which he does on his wife's family estate.

He is one of the few marksmen who can shoot one stag and then the other as it flees the scene without a need to replace ammunition.

Wonderful example to his children.

Macca

Yes hardly a first world issue. Keep the wild boar coming though, very tasty. I'll give the cockfighting a miss though if it's what I think it is

Grendel

Yes hardly a first world issue. Keep the wild boar coming though, very tasty. I'll give the cockfighting a miss though if it's what I think it is

You wouldn't be eating one of Cameron's trophy killings. It will hang above his fireplace and be the subject of many a killing tale.

Moff

Cameron is an expert stag hunter which he does on his wife's family estate.

He is one of the few marksmen who can shoot one stag and then the other as it flees the scene without a need to replace ammunition.

Wonderful example to his children.

Is that true G?

If so he is an even bigger tosser than I already thought.

Ashdown

I'm not in favour of any hunting or culling of wild animals to be honest { except perhaps rats and locusts }, humanity is gradually wiping out everything else through its obscene multiplication as it is. Read an interesting Dan Brown book a couple of months ago { Inferno } that strongly features the problems and solutions to the human question. Foxes are getting decimated on the roads and exterminated in the Cities, we don't need the so called hunts to add to their persecution do we ?!

Grendel

Is that true G?

If so he is an even bigger tosser than I already thought.

Very true

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/3784036

H

Huckerby

It's nice to know our caring government can spend time trying to re-introduce fox hunting.

You would assume the government had bigger and more important issues to address. Clearly not. I'm surprised the odious hunt obsessed Cameron doesn't try and get some other charming pastimes re-introduced such as bear baiting and cock fighting.

I am not a fan of the neo Marxist Sturgeon - not until now.

Bore off Cameron. Oh Boar hunting - another thing no doubt he'd love to be back on the agenda.
Shame really. I agree with almost all of their policies and everything they are doing, apart from this which just reminds me all politicians are wankers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

I'm not in favour of any hunting or culling of wild animals to be honest { except perhaps rats and locusts }, humanity is gradually wiping out everything else through its obscene multiplication as it is. Read an interesting Dan Brown book a couple of months ago { Inferno } that strongly features the problems and solutions to the human question. Foxes are getting decimated on the roads and exterminated in the Cities, we don't need the so called hunts to add to their persecution do we ?!

It's well known the most efficient way to cut down on a fox problem is to gather a bunch of well-spoken people together, dress in red, trample their horses through hedges, fences, an the ancient ridge and furrows followed by hundreds of baying hounds, hurtling through the neighbourhood and causing noise and aggression as they go.

A far far more efficient way of killing a rogue fox than any alternative.

Gint11

Really disappointed with Cameron. Fully backed him in the election and to try and relax fox hunting laws is a disgrace. Absolutely not right killing innocent animals for 'fun'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Really backed him this election????? Oh my goodness! Fox hunting is not important but you really backed his pursuit of privatise everything and make disabled people beg for their benefits. Bloody hell

H

Huckerby

really backed him this election????? Oh my goodness! Fox hunting is not important but you really backed his pursuit of privatise everything and make disabled people beg for their benefits. Bloody hell
there is no fucking money left

Terry Gibson's perm

While everybody is worrying about fox hunting imagine what they are sneaking through.

Never mind they start their summer holidays soon I think most of them think they are still at school the length the fat pigs at the trough take.

Sky Blue Pete

Plenty of money left and certainly enough for everyone to play their part rather than picking on those at the bottom and those that are most vulnerable

H

Huckerby

Plenty of money left and certainly enough for everyone to play their part rather than picking on those at the bottom and those that are most vulnerable
Plenty of money left? What? National debt of approx 70% of GDP and we're running a 5% deficit?

It would be great not to have to cut back on disability, benefits, public services, general govt expenditure, and everyone just live happily ever after. Unfortunately we live in the real world and money isn't unlimited. We have to live within our means. People don't like accepting that which is why they vote labour

stupot07

Plenty of money left? What? National debt of approx 70% of GDP and we're running a 5% deficit?

It would be great not to have to cut back on disability, benefits, public services, general govt expenditure, and everyone just live happily ever after. Unfortunately we live in the real world and money isn't possible unlimited. We have to live within our means. People don't like accepting that which is why they vote labour

Osbourne seems to think there's enough money to give the rich/high earners a tax break....

....we're all in this together, unless you're well off...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Terry Gibson's perm

Osbourne seems to think there's enough money to give the rich/high earners a tax break....

....we're all in this together, unless you're well off...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

the mp' are no doubt still creaming off the expenses, while making a fuss at not taking their massive pay rise (which I would be happy for them to have as they are under paid but in exchange they would have to lose numbers of mp's as many just go in for a sleep like the lords do in their sleep den).

Terry Gibson's perm

Cameron won as there was no sensible alternative in England, milliband was a waste of time and labour look like they want to remain in opposition looking at the candidates for leader, get Chuka back in

H

Huckerby

Of course there is money there.

Is it just where they choose to allocate it.

Please explain this? Spending more than we're earning and have a huge national debt? Then they try to reduce spending as a result of this and people do nothing but moan.

lifeskyblue

But it's where you do make the cuts that is relevant here and I agree with Otis that it's about Government choice. Currently we are cutting welfare by about £12billion BUT overseas aid budget = just over £12billion. I'm not saying one should be at expense of other but the government has chosen to cut one and increase the other. Money there but choice made. Also the monarchy costs a phenomenal amount of money... They tell us £38million but this doesn't include the police and army security costs or other costs associated with the royal family. If we (well the sycophantic media) weren't so obsessed with all things royal this could be reduced dramatically. Choices also made over inheritance tax (not done to save money) and top earners tax rate. Also bankers allowed to have 'screwed' world economy....choice over whether to punish them or not as individuals or institutions not taken. Only time they have been taken to task is their attempt to rig the markets.
Lots of choices to be made...whoever is in government

skybluedan

so I can join a foxhunt and kill a animal which has no chance of defending itself but I still can't smoke a joint ? ,,,,
well done Mr Cameron you utter fanny fart

Ashdown

But it's where you do make the cuts that is relevant here and I agree with Otis that it's about Government choice. Currently we are cutting welfare by about £12billion BUT overseas aid budget = just over £12billion. I'm not saying one should be at expense of other but the government has chosen to cut one and increase the other. Money there but choice made. Also the monarchy costs a phenomenal amount of money... They tell us £38million but this doesn't include the police and army security costs or other costs associated with the royal family. If we (well the sycophantic media) weren't so obsessed with all things royal this could be reduced dramatically. Choices also made over inheritance tax (not done to save money) and top earners tax rate. Also bankers allowed to have 'screwed' world economy....choice over whether to punish them or not as individuals or institutions not taken. Only time they have been taken to task is their attempt to rig the markets.
Lots of choices to be made...whoever is in government

The welfare budget does need to be cut, too many people still abusing it and living a comfortable life for free, Foreign aid budget should be dramatically cut too. I wouldn't necessarily stop funding the monarchy, trim it maybe but generally the tourist dollar they encourage means they help pay for themselves. The banks are being hammered but not necessarily the irresponsible bankers themselves which is a problem for me. We also need to stop pouring cash into Europe, complete waste of bureaucratic nonsense.
There also needs to be a better spread of wealth in this country, the North/South gap is appalling and can only be closed by encouraging firms to relocate head offices etc away from the Capital. Tourism needs to be drawn to all parts too.

Ian1779

If, like Cameron, anyone can justify spending £50+ billion on HS2 that gets people with laptops and iPhones to London 8 minutes quicker than normal, instead of addressing child poverty in the 21st Century then you would have to be as big a c**t as him

Ashdown

If, like Cameron, anyone can justify spending £50+ billion on HS2 that gets people with laptops and iPhones to London 8 minutes quicker than normal, instead of addressing child poverty in the 21st Century then you would have to be as big a c**t as him

HS2 is just a farce and a manufactured brainchild of wealthy bureacrats to line the pockets of their already wealthy friends in industry and to help continue the funnelling of even more money into London.

Ian1779

Please explain this? Spending more than we're earning and have a huge national debt? Then they try to reduce spending as a result of this and people do nothing but moan.

What would be a better way to raise funds? Raid the welfare budget for £12 billion or finally deal with tax evasion that would bring in over double that amount and more?

The fact that not many of the Conservative 'friends' are claiming Income Support tells you all you need to know about this government.

Users who are viewing this thread