In The Sun today (1 Viewer)

KenilworthSkyBlue

Now, I think we're all well versed in the legitimacy of the Sun newspaper. However, I came across this article this morning that discussed the reluctance of the PL to oblige to an EFL bailout after discovering the worth of EFL owners. It claims Joy's wealth is estimated to be £2.3bn. 'Wealth' is an ambiguous term and is context dependant so unless they offer a breakdown of all of her assets, I'm going to remain highly sceptical, especially as from my understanding her net worth is nowhere near the billions mark. Regardless, I thought I'd share anyway.

shmmeee

Now, I think we're all well versed in the legitimacy of the Sun newspaper. However, I came across this article this morning that discussed the reluctance of the PL to oblige to an EFL bailout after discovering the worth of EFL owners. It claims Joy's wealth is estimated to be £2.3bn. 'Wealth' is an ambiguous term and is context dependant so unless they offer a breakdown of all of her assets, I'm going to remain highly sceptical, especially as from my understanding her net worth is nowhere near the billions mark. Regardless, I thought I'd share anyway.

Is always thought she was a billionaire. There’s never been a question of her not having money.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Assets that you may control can make you appear wealthy when your not, not to say our Joy ain't comfortable. Best way to think of it is a pensioners owns there home with a value of 300 000 but only gets cash of state pension at £260 every 2 weeks, it's a non story.

Samo

Assets that you may control can make you appear wealthy when your not, not to say our Joy ain't comfortable. Best way to think of it is a pensioners owns there home with a value of 300 000 but only gets cash of state pension at £260 every 2 weeks, it's a non story.

Assets don't appear to be wealth, they ARE wealth.

bawtryneal

What a complete load of tosh.
I know two people personally on that list I can say 100% for sure it is rubbish. Maybe drop a nought for the two I know.

Samo

Depends on your borrowings.
It's like saying my house is worth a £1,000,000 but I have a £900,000 mortgage. Doesn't mean I am a millionaire.

Of course. I have no idea how this is measured in accounting but would that count as an asset? For me that asset is currently worth 100k not a million.

NorthernWisdom

If she was worth 2.3bn, there'd have been zero logic in her pulling funding, and fighting over the odd million here and there over a stadium purchase.

Although I suppose there is the old adage that the easiest way to find a former millionaire, is to find a football club owner...

shmmeee

All of the investors worths put together in all of the funds might be billions, what makes people think her personal worth is 2.3bn?

That's worlds away from having a few mill.

(I wouldn't complain about either though)

I mean she owns a hedge fund and runs in billionaire circles. I don’t think her personal wealth makes much difference to us. We aren’t a passion project, we’re a business.

Nick

Administrator
I mean she owns a hedge fund and runs in billionaire circles. I don’t think her personal wealth makes much difference to us. We aren’t a passion project, we’re a business.

That Huntsman bloke wasn't even worth £2.3bn. The tramp.

1ccfc

It might be similar to Mike Ashley. By his own admittance on paper he is a billionaire based on his sports direct shares. However his liquid wealth is far from that.

chiefdave

Struggling to believe she's worth anywhere near that amount. If she was worth that much, and as someone who admits to having no interest in football when SISU invested in CCFC, why would she be spending so much time getting personally involved, from court cases to meeting Robins at Combe.

If she had a new found love for CCFC she'd chuck some money in to sort our situation, would be small change or if she didn't she'd leave it for someone else at SISU to worry about.

RegTheDonk

If she was worth 2.3bn, there'd have been zero logic in her pulling funding, and fighting over the odd million here and there over a stadium purchase.

Although I suppose there is the old adage that the easiest way to find a former millionaire, is to find a football club owner...
Exactly. If she had that kind of personal wealth she wouldn't be pissing about with us, appearing on Sky arguing our case, and having meetings with MR to sell him the vision.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Depends on your borrowings.
It's like saying my house is worth a £1,000,000 but I have a £900,000 mortgage. Doesn't mean I am a millionaire.

Net worth is supposed to take that into account though and the overall value of wealth would be recorded as £100k.

Loads of very wealthy people that have much of their wealth tied up in property, stocks and shares. Liquid assets tend to only be a small percentage of their wealth.

shmmeee

Sorry should have rephrased that. No SANE person would be pissing about wasting their one and only life on us.

No sane person buys a football club to start with :D

I think it’s entirely possible she has high net worth and she maintains this by being sensible with money and not throwing it all at Sam Allerdyce or whatever. As I say I don’t think the limiting factor on our spending is Joy not lending us enough cash and more us not sustaining ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread