In praise of Leon.... (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

From what I've seen Leon Clarke is a hard worker who is always in the right position to receive the ball, and that's exactly what a striker should be doing. The problem lies in the fact that he isn't getting the supply he should, which is odd when you think of the crossing capabilities of say McSheffey and Baker for instance. What I don't get are the critics who can't see him for what he is..he's not a DMc or a Cody and nor should he try to be. Those who expect different and want to compare the whole time are a bit like a certain well known film critic who can't review a film without comparing it to another film...very annoying and completely pointless. Clarke gets on with the job and will score a lot of goals for us, I'm convinced of it. Bottom line is I believe completely in MR's judgement and I look forward to the long term benefits!

Sky Blue Pete

Well said, shouldn't mean that we don't look for more from him but his career at our club has started very well!

Warwickhunt

Leon Clarke needs motivating by MR and he will be fine, he really needs to be angry when he plays it improves his game dramatically

covboy9

From what I've seen Leon Clarke is a hard worker who is always in the right position to receive the ball, and that's exactly what a striker should be doing. The problem lies in the fact that he isn't getting the supply he should, which is odd when you think of the crossing capabilities of say McSheffey and Baker for instance. What I don't get are the critics who can't see him for what he is..he's not a DMc or a Cody and nor should he try to be. Those who expect different and want to compare the whole time are a bit like a certain well known film critic who can't review a film without comparing it to another film...very annoying and completely pointless. Clarke gets on with the job and will score a lot of goals for us, I'm convinced of it. Bottom line is I believe completely in MR's judgement and I look forward to the long term benefits!

hard worker? flaming hell man:facepalm:

wozey

Couldn't disagree with you more he's always in the wrong place and at the weekend he was shocking if you're not getting the ball you go and get it. Still he's a Coventry player and I will stand by him but he's got a lot of work to do

SkyBlue_Bear83

My main issue so far has been his reactions, alertness and speed over the couple of yards has been poor

Compare that to Elliott who is always switched on and always manages to nip in front of his marker from corners, throws, passes and crosses to nick the ball ahead of the defender nearly every time

Users who are viewing this thread