In Motion Towards Promotion (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

Just booked a couple of weeks in England for September. I will be watching for the fixtures as I have commitments in London for both Saturdays. Hopefully there's an away game in London for one of the Saturdays. Q.P.R. or West Ham would work.

CCFC54321

Now above us on goal difference we are down to 6th :( we have to win Saturday don’t wanna hear any of this “was a good away point” nonsense
Agreed. The draws are starting to hinder us now. If we are to grab this bloody league by the neck we need the Kelly’s, Dabos, centre half’s to start contributing with the old goal here or there.

ccfc92

Agreed. The draws are starting to hinder us now. If we are to grab this bloody league by the neck we need the Kelly’s, Dabos, centre half’s to start contributing with the old goal here or there.

I did say this before Fleetwood, but apparently draws are fine.

GaryJones

Games in hand - Wycombe & Rotherham at home - by no means a given!!

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

“Draws aren’t good enough for autos”. This is what happens when you are doing well. The barriers get pushed further away and it’s now almost failure if we don’t go up automatically. It’s crazy. We all want to go up, we all want to win every game, but let’s not start to get negative cuz we drew away at a decent outfit. This place could be one toxic and there nearly 20 games to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covmark

“Draws aren’t good enough for autos”. This is what happens when you are doing well. The barriers get pushed further away and it’s now almost failure if we don’t go up automatically. It’s crazy. We all want to go up, we all want to win every game, but let’s not start to get negative cuz we drew away at a decent outfit. This place could be one toxic and there nearly 20 games to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good post. Also what needs to be taken into account is Fleetwood are likely to take points off other teams around us.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

GaryJones

We are in a really good place - ignore the fact that we are 6th right now - It’s January FFS.
Thing is our destiny is in our own hands - if we win our games we are top and we can’t be overtaken - all the teams in the top 8 are going to lose games - they’re going to lose & draw games they should win and so are we - that’s football - the joy!
We could be mid-table then you would have a good excuse to be miserable!!

Mucca Mad Boys

Good post. Also what needs to be taken into account is Fleetwood are likely to take points off other teams around us.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

All the teams around us have lost at least double the amount of games we have. So it’s likely they’ll lose a few more games before the end of the season.

We’re in control of our destiny, with 20 games left and we have all the main contenders left to play at home. It’s not a bad position to be in at all!

SlowerThanPlatt

All the teams around us have lost at least double the amount of games we have. So it’s likely they’ll lose a few more games before the end of the season.

We’re in control of our destiny, with 20 games left and we have all the main contenders left to play at home. It’s not a bad position to be in at all!

Don’t get what this means? Rotherham have lost 8 and we’d have to win both our game in hands (against current 1st and 2nd) to go one point above them which indicates losing a few more games isn’t bad as long as you pick up a lot of wins

covcity4life

Don’t get what this means? Rotherham have lost 8 and we’d have to win both our game in hands (against current 1st and 2nd) to go one point above them which indicates losing a few more games isn’t bad as long as you pick up a lot of wins

Judge after we both played same amoubt of games

Also its not like we choose to draw over winning.

We will finish where we deserve to finish

ccfc92

If we win games in hand we are outright top

Draw was not a bad resukt regardless of how you keep trying to hammer home it was

I said because of the teams around us playing each other/having easy games, we needed 3 points. All the results went against us last night and tonight we've dropped 2 places and now 5 points off top.

If we want autos, we need wins not draws. Especially with how tight this league is this season.

It's not game over, but if we could put 3+ wins together at a time, we will secure our place at the top.

covcity4life

I said because of the teams around us playing each other/having easy games, we needed 3 points. All the results went against us last night and tonight we've dropped 2 places and now 5 points off top.

If we want autos, we need wins not draws. Especially with how tight this league is this season.

It's not game over, but if we could put 3+ wins together at a time, we will secure our place at the top.
There will be weeks(already have been) where we have got 3 pts and rivals have not

Its a marathon not a sprint

Ring Of Steel

You’re not far off the truth, It’s much better to win more & lose more than get a load of draws.
20 games left, likely to need about 35 more points or so to claim second. Win 12 and lose 8 gets 36 more points, that’s probably automatic promotion, keep on drawing games all the time and that’s 20 points, probably about 9th or 10th.
We have to kick on now, get a bit adventurous and get some wins on the board, even if we lose a few along the way. It’ll only hot up now, we need wins.

But that was a great point at Fleetwood

usskyblue

You’re not far off the truth, It’s much better to win more & lose more than get a load of draws.
20 games left, likely to need about 35 more points or so to claim second. Win 12 and lose 8 gets 36 more points, that’s probably automatic promotion, keep on drawing games all the time and that’s 20 points, probably about 9th or 10th.
We have to kick on now, get a bit adventurous and get some wins on the board, even if we lose a few along the way. It’ll only hot up now, we need wins.

But that was a great point at Fleetwood

Don’t agree with win more, lose more. That’s called inconsistency. The result is a manager constantly changing the team and tactics to adjust to a poor result...which often breeds more inconsistency.

We may have drawn a lot but losing less has created a feeling of confidence within the squad. We are difficult to beat, we don’t concede a lot and we’re dangerous going forward (when we don’t leave Godden on a fuckin island).

Ring Of Steel

Don’t agree with win more, lose more. That’s called inconsistency. The result is a manager constantly changing the team and tactics to adjust to a poor result...which often breeds more inconsistency.

We may have drawn a lot but losing less has created a feeling of confidence within the squad. We are difficult to beat, we don’t concede a lot and we’re dangerous going forward (when we don’t leave Godden on a fuckin island).
Yep, can’t really argue with you.

Astute

Our season is falling apart.

We have lost 3 league games. Boo. A draw away from home against Fleetwood who have a good home record just isn't good enough. Forget that we could have win if the ref had his glasses on and that the weather was atrocious. We only got a draw. How pathetic. In the draw for the 5th round of the FA cup? That is nothing. We won it in 87.

But back to reality. Not lost for ages. This includes against a team in the division above where we should have won. Not too long ago we were in the same position in the table but the teams above us had games in hand.

Looked at a link someone put up on the Portsmouth site. They are looking forward to beating Sunderland. But it was stated that they are not looking forward to playing us. Why is that?

We are winning games we would have drawn or even lost most seasons. We are drawing games we would have lost. We are playing good football. We are doing much better than most thought we would before the start of the season. Yet the empty glass brigade are out in force.

We are not going to win every game. But as long as we don't start losing games we will be close at the end of the season. And with everything that is going on that should be seen as a decent result.

Mucca Mad Boys

You’re not wrong, but that wasn’t my point.

My point is that these teams have all lost a lot more games than us so they too will drop points over this next 20 games. Hopefully when we play them.

We’re in a good position.

GaryJones

Fuckinell

Going in to February with only 3 league losses

In the playoff spots with two/three games in hand

Haven’t conceded a goal in 360 minutes

In the hat for the 5th round of the FAC UP

Squad depth in a lot of positions

ENJOY IT YOU FUCKINGWEIRDOS
Some people really don’t know they were born - in the 80s if we won 2 games in a row we would be celebrating the achievement - in the 70s if we won an away game all season that would be a good year!

clint van damme

Our season is falling apart.

We have lost 3 league games. Boo. A draw away from home against Fleetwood who have a good home record just isn't good enough. Forget that we could have win if the ref had his glasses on and that the weather was atrocious. We only got a draw. How pathetic. In the draw for the 5th round of the FA cup? That is nothing. We won it in 87.

But back to reality. Not lost for ages. This includes against a team in the division above where we should have won. Not too long ago we were in the same position in the table but the teams above us had games in hand.

Looked at a link someone put up on the Portsmouth site. They are looking forward to beating Sunderland. But it was stated that they are not looking forward to playing us. Why is that?

We are winning games we would have drawn or even lost most seasons. We are drawing games we would have lost. We are playing good football. We are doing much better than most thought we would before the start of the season. Yet the empty glass brigade are out in force.

We are not going to win every game. But as long as we don't start losing games we will be close at the end of the season. And with everything that is going on that should be seen as a decent result.

I posted concerns before Christmas regarding our away form and not winning enough games by more than one goal. Since then we have taken 10 points from 12 away winning two of them by a 3 goal margin. To me that shows improvement on our sketchy away form in the first half of the season and shows we are moving in the right direction.
I think we would have all taken being in this position in January if offered it at the start of the season.

harvey098

I posted concerns before Christmas regarding our away form and not winning enough games by more than one goal. Since then we have taken 10 points from 12 away winning two of them by a 3 goal margin. To me that shows improvement on our sketchy away form in the first half of the season and shows we are moving in the right direction.
I think we would have all taken being in this position in January if offered it at the start of the season.

Even offered it a few weeks ago! It wasn’t that long ago people were saying “if the teams below us win their games in hand we’ll be 11th!”

We’re right up there in the form table. It’s unfortunate that the results have gone against us since Saturday but that’s the difference between being in a promotion fight compared with a relegation scrap which we’re more used to!

I think most of us would’ve said play offs would be a great achievement and most would still say the same.

ccfcricoh

Fleetwood have drawn with Sunderland/Rotheram/Wycombe and beat Peterborough so far this season, taking points off 4 of the 5 teams above us.

A draw really wasnt a bad result!

Users who are viewing this thread