In League 1... (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

... How many teams pay rent on their stadiums? (I have got 5: Bournemouth, Stevenage, Donny, Colchester and Walsall) is there anymore?

Thanks in advance people. Keep it on topic people please.

Grendel

Walsall pay rent but pay it to a separate company that is owned by their owner and apparently goes direct to his pension fund.

kg82

Walsall pay rent but pay it to a separate company that is owned by their owner and apparently goes direct to his pension fund.

Does that mean, fundamentally, he's paying money to himself? Didn't Richardson do something like this?

torchomatic

Nooooo.....he's been harshly treated by people on this board. Lovely bloke.

Does that mean, fundamentally, he's paying money to himself? Didn't Richardson do something like this?

Otis

Think you'll find that 99.999999% of fans very much blame Richardson and do not think he is a lovely bloke. He formed part of the unholy trinity along with Robinson and McGinnity.

torchomatic

Yeah, I know. :facepalm:

Think you'll find that 99.999999% of fans very much blame Richardson and do not think he is a lovely bloke. He formed part of the unholy trinity along with Robinson and McGinnity.

hutch1972

If only the confidentiality clauses were dropped by all ,i am sure we would have a better understanding of what went on regarding the stadium ! Remember this all started way back in 1997.

skybluesam66

pompey don't own their ground so they must pay rent?

because they pay all of their creditors dont they.
I thought it was the decision on the value of their ground today . If it is around 2m as the supporters trust believe - then the supporters takeover goes ahead
If it is nearer 15m as the owners believe they get wound up ....

Users who are viewing this thread